Deathwatch

Discuss the original 2006 movie.

Moderator: Moderators

DistantJ
Rosewater Park Attendant

Deathwatch

Post by DistantJ »

Holy cow...

So, there was this movie I saw a while back, a brilliant horror movie set in the first world war, with a brilliant atmosphere and some extremely freaky shit going on, and I completely forgot what it was called.

So today I decide to learn more about Michael J. Bassett to see what to expect from SH2, and so I look up trailers of the 3 movies he's made.

Low and behold, Deathwatch was the name of that kickass movie.

Very happy now, Silent Hill 2 is going to be great!!
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
Skele
Subway Guard

Re: Deathwatch

Post by Skele »

just saw a trailer for deathwatch, looked good. may try and rent it if i remember to.
Xev
Historical Society Historian

Post by Xev »

I was going to check that out too. When I see it Ill post here! Glad it looked good: there is hope!
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

I just watched the trailer. It looks like it could be good. I'll probably watch it online tonight or something.

Edit: I think I'll also check it his other directorial work as well.
Skele
Subway Guard

Post by Skele »

i watched it the other night and thought it was pretty good. i wouldn't say Silent Hill 2 is def going to be a success, but i'm at least confident that the director won't give us a crap movie.
Silent Fantasy

Post by Silent Fantasy »

though some parts of the trailer caught my eye, it seemed B- Movieish. actually, i watched wilderness and it seemed not so well made either. and from summeries of his other work, it seems thats all MJB makes. low budget/indepedent movies. im not impressed, though he deserves credit for his work compared to most directors/ writers that do the same. but i dont think SH:R will be for me if its gonna be like this. though, to be fair ill watch his other work, just dont see myself wrong at the moment.
WARNING: Some Parts of Reality May Seem Violent or Cruel.
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

Having just recently seen Deathwatch, it seems to me that MJB doesn't need to prove he can make a good SH movie. In fact, he already has with Deathwatch. It's creepy psychological horror with copious amounts of fog. It has a very similar atmosphere to SH, and the ambiguous ending is pulled off far better than it was in the SH movie. Deathwatch really impressed me, and the acting was quite good for the most part. let's face it: when is Andy Serkis not awesome?
spearss91
Just Passing Through

Post by spearss91 »

Silent hill is one of mine favorite scary series and now i watched Deathwatch...

A deep entry in the territory of the western front... :D
Watch free movie with ultimate video sources at 10starmovies.
Online movies magazine for youth where you can get a knowledge about latest movies!!
Tabris
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Tabris »

I'm intrigued by this. I'm going to watch this tonight I think~