Let's cast Silent Hill Revelation

Discuss the latest about the second Silent Hill Movie

Moderator: Moderators

KiramidHead
Historical Society Historian

Re: Let's cast Silent Hill Revelation

Post by KiramidHead »

I actually quite like the Sam Neill idea. He played grown up Damien really well in Omen 3. It's too bad he doesn't play more villainous roles.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

Someone posted this on IMDB and I just had to share it:
http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/7003 ... asilva.jpg
Lafayette_Reynolds
Just Passing Through

Post by Lafayette_Reynolds »

Moshing Mama
Just Passing Through

Post by Moshing Mama »

Hmm I don't really agree with recasting Jodelle Freland as Cheryl/Heather again. Juding from her current appearance she just doesn't strike me as a Cheryl and besides, people that didn't follow the games but followed the first film would unfairly probably be able to guess what was going on, in regards to Heather's true relationship to Cheryl.

Brad Pitt & Jake Gyllenhaal + Robert De Niro = anyone!
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

Moshing Mama wrote:Hmm I don't really agree with recasting Jodelle Freland as Cheryl/Heather again. Juding from her current appearance she just doesn't strike me as a Cheryl
That doesn't make any sense. Jodelle already played the movie version of Cheryl (Sharon), so she is Cheryl and always will be. That would be like saying Keifer Sutherland shouldn't play Jack Bauer in a 24 movie because he doesn't look enough like Jack Bauer.
:? Since it's looking like Heather is simply an older version of the child Rose takes home at the end of the first movie, the actress must either be Jodelle or have similar facial features for continuity's sake.
Silent_Storm
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Silent_Storm »

Ellen Page as Heather

Cate Blanchett as Claudia (just watch Lord Of The Rings)
What's the big deal - Laura
Homie
Just Passing Through

Post by Homie »

it annoys me that they choose mostly known actors, not all known actors, acresses are good for a role, there are dozens of other people who can play very good i guess...
!!! "Tribute to SILENT HILL" !!! Fansoundtrack OUT NOW!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAqUCimHF1c
SilentWren

Post by SilentWren »

Guy Cihi should get the cameo he wants.

I made a thread about that, but it got locked for some reason.
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

Thank you for understanding. <3

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 28#p674128
Doctor Eggnog
Subway Guard

Post by Doctor Eggnog »

JKristine35 wrote:
Moshing Mama wrote:Hmm I don't really agree with recasting Jodelle Freland as Cheryl/Heather again. Juding from her current appearance she just doesn't strike me as a Cheryl
That doesn't make any sense. Jodelle already played the movie version of Cheryl (Sharon), so she is Cheryl and always will be. That would be like saying Keifer Sutherland shouldn't play Jack Bauer in a 24 movie because he doesn't look enough like Jack Bauer.
No it's not. The Alessa from Silent Hill 1 is Alessa. Everything else is based off of our opinions. The Cheryl/Alessa from the movie seemed too depicted as evil and revenge seeking to me, and a change would be good.
Socially Awkward Penguin is my hero.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

Doctor Eggnog wrote:
JKristine35 wrote:
No it's not. The Alessa from Silent Hill 1 is Alessa. Everything else is based off of our opinions. The Cheryl/Alessa from the movie seemed too depicted as evil and revenge seeking to me, and a change would be good.
What are you even talking about? The movie version of SH1 has already been made, and Jodelle Ferland played that version of Cheryl/ Alessa. This is an indisputable fact. If you had issues with how Cheryl/ Alessa looked in the first film, then tough luck, because SHR is a direct sequel to the movie that featured Jodelle Ferland as these characters. Since Carmody and Bassett have all but said Heather is an older version of the child Rose goes home with, it makes zero sense to change her physical appearance because "she doesn't look enough like the character she already played in the first movie". Movie Cheryl has already been made and acted out, the only way that's going to change is if they remake the first movie, which isn't what Bassett is doing.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

Update: Bassett tweeted yesterday:
All done with LA. Mission accomplished.
This means an actress for Heather has officially been chosen. I can't wait to find out who it is!
wonder's boy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by wonder's boy »

That's exciting! I just wish we would know who will play Heather. And hell, whoever else is supposed to be in it, besides Claudia that we know of. I know there will probably seem like a lot more characters in the movie than the game, so it'll be interesting to see how such an intimate story and plot is adapted and recreated for the big screen. Not that the film is mere adaptation and recreation, I just needed a way to word my statement.

I still say Tilda Swinton would rock the boat as Claudia, and I believe Jodelle should keep her role, if they're going that route. She looks mature enough physically, and we already know she's capable as far as her acting skills go.
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

According to a recent interview with Jodelle, she was never approached to play Heather. :(
Fevered Dream
Gravedigger

Post by Fevered Dream »

That's a shame. She would have been a really good fit for the role. Plus, her aging in real life would have mimicked the character's aging as well, which would have been neat to see.
Bitch, don't kill my vibe.
Jigsaws apprentice
Just Passing Through

Post by Jigsaws apprentice »

To be honest I dont think the movie is going to follow the Heather/Cheryl story because it wouldn't be a twist as everyone will expect it . So far I see that it will be based loosely on SH3 and then have its own storyline. Plus if they did the whole Heather/Cheryl then wouldnt the movie have to feature Rose? Like Harry was mentioned/featured in SH3?

I want that chick from Halloween, forgot her name. But wow that girl can act, and most likely could look like Heather if given the make over.
ImageImageImageImageImage
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

Don Carmody has said that SHR will feature a character who is now 'older' (meaning they come from the first film), Bassett has said he'll be digging in depth into Alessa's story from the first movie, and he's also confirmed that there will be returning characters. They've pretty much all but said Heather is the older version of Sharon/Alessa. It's entirely possible that Rose died at some point, triggering Alessa to leave the fog world and return to the one thing she knows in our world: Chris. Enter the Order, who wants Alessa to carry God, and you've got a reason for Alessa and Chris to change their names and go on the run.
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

JKristine35 wrote:Don Carmody has said that SHR will feature a character who is now 'older' (meaning they come from the first film), Bassett has said he'll be digging in depth into Alessa's story from the first movie, and he's also confirmed that there will be returning characters. They've pretty much all but said Heather is the older version of Sharon/Alessa. It's entirely possible that Rose died at some point, triggering Alessa to leave the fog world and return to the one thing she knows in our world: Chris. Enter the Order, who wants Alessa to carry God, and you've got a reason for Alessa and Chris to change their names and go on the run.
Chris would have to die too, though; it's stated her father is dead.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

Where did they say that? All I've read is the synopsis, which says he suddenly disappeared.
bl00dmuffin
Just Passing Through

Post by bl00dmuffin »

To return to casting suggestions, did I mention that I would lurrrrve for Sam Rockwell to play Vincent? His Justin Hammer in Iron Man 2 reminded me of Vincent a bit (obnoxious smartassery plus the look), and his performance in Moon proves that he can do serious roles really well. I loves me some Sam Rockwell. :)

Also, Bassett said in his post about Heather being cast, the actress is "going to rock your world, I promise." Wouldn't it be funny if he cast Emma Stone, as at least one poster suggested, and used the word "rock" as a clever pun? It's probably a stretch, but it was something silly that came to mind.
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

JKristine35 wrote:Where did they say that? All I've read is the synopsis, which says he suddenly disappeared.

Perhaps I'm misquoting. I could have sworn they said he was dead.