Confusion about the god (spoilers)

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

Tillerman
Rosewater Park Attendant

Re: Confusion about the god (spoilers)

Post by Tillerman »

Y'know, I hate to be a contrarian, but I've been doing a bit of research into this whole "god's plan theory" and am finding some surprising results. From the other god thread:
DamienPales wrote:In one of the picture descriptions for the Bad+ Ending, it says something to the effect of "Alessa attacks Harry as Incubator" (paraphrasing). That would equivocating the two. Also, a picture caption for the Good+ Ending says "Alessa uses the last of her power to stop the falling sparks," referring to the very end before Harry and Cybil escape.

And then there's the usage of "Alessa/Incubator" at the very bottom of the Character Analysis page.
This information comes from "Lost Memories: Silent Hill Chronicle," which by the way is also where this information comes from:

So if the Incubator is not Alessa, why does Silent Hill Chronicles (a guide written by some of the original Silent Hill 1 team) specifically call the Incubator "Alessa"? Why does it refer to the woman in white who gives Harry the baby as "Alessa"?

And yet, in the same book, it lists the Incubator as a form of god?

I have a theory... it seems to me that the only logical way to resolve that huge contradicion is to say that Incubator, at the time Harry fights her, is both Alessa and god. Nothing else makes sense. Here's what I think happens... when god is "born," what is actually happening is that it takes over Alessa's body. This is also backed up by Silent Hill 3... that's the significance of Claudia's clothes remaining, her body had transformed into god. (And also why Heather seems to have a possession theme.)

When you use Aglaophotis, god is seperated from the incubator, allowing you to kill it. (This also makes sense because that coincides with how Aglaophotis works on Cybil and in other games.) So Harry kills god, and it is Alessa/Cheryl that gives the baby to Harry, just as the guidebook says. This is also backed up by this picture:

^Notice how the incubus is emerging from the incubator.

Another big clue that this is true is the endings of SH1. Only in the good endings does Harry recieve the baby. So a logical question is: if it really is god tricking harry, why doesn't god try to trick Harry in the bad endings? After all, if god can change forms, it could easily transform into Alessa's original form and pull the same stunt. In fact, it's illogical for it not to do so.

And another big clue is that the "god's plan theory" is not mentioned at all, not even hinted at by either the official guidebook or Silent Hill 3. Which is extremely strange because part of the purpose of both of those games was to clear up the mysteries of Silent Hill. After all, they put in clues about the Seal of Metatron in SH3, and spell out what it is in the guidebook. I find it absolutely impossible to believe that the "god's plan theory" could ever have been intended by the developers who went out of thier way to explain all of the other secrets. They were proud of those secrets. If they had truly pulled off such an awesome trick, there would definitely be some mention of it in either the guidebook or SH3, but instead it's the opposite: the guidebook associates the Incubator with Alessa, and in SH3 Heather has a line of dialog in the car ride where she basically says that it was Alessa who gave the baby.

So, what about the other contradictions? Why does Dahlia and the guidebook call the Incubator "god"? Because it is god. To be exact, god has taken over Alessa's body, so it is both god and Alessa.

How does Alessa reincarnate herself while she is still alive? Well, there's a couple of possible answers to this. One of which is: she just does. Illogical things happen in Silent Hill all the time, and after all it's not very logical to be able to split your soul in half. The literal effects of splitting her soul in half was to create two people, so maybe reincarnating herself works the same way.

And the biggest apparent contradiction: Why does Alessa give Harry the baby after working so hard to kill herself and bring an end to the nightmare? After all, according to the guidebook she was a ruthless enough person to want to kill everyone in Silent Hill simply to kill herself, because that's what she believed the Seal of Metatron would do. There's a couple of possible answers to this question: Maybe the writer wanted to make Silent Hill 1 have a good ending, and simply figured that no one would notice this contradiction. Maybe this was written without a sequel in mind. Maybe Cheryl's will is meant to be influencing this decision... if you look at it as Cheryl giving Harry the baby instead of Alessa, there is no longer a contradiction.

To summarize: It's pretty clear from all the available material that the lady in white giving the baby to Harry is Alessa. The "god's plan theory" is still a good alternative theory if you ignore the Silent Hill Guidebook. Thanks to everyone in this thread for encouraging me to read all this stuff and to find out the truth!
SHF
Historical Society Historian

Post by SHF »

Incubator is alessa's perspective on how god would look, while Incubus is how Dahlia percieves god to look.
So, technically, both Incubator and Incubus are god.
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
Tillerman
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Tillerman »

SHF wrote:Incubator is alessa's perspective on how god would look, while Incubus is how Dahlia percieves god to look.
So, technically, both Incubator and Incubus are god.
Correct. But Incubator is god possessing Alessa's body, and Incubus is god released from Alessa's body. That's why you use Aglaophotis, it does the same thing to Alessa that it does to Cybil. That's also why Incubator is called "Incubator." It's a reference to the fact that god is inside of it.
SHF

Post by SHF »

You seem to have a very good understanding of it.
Thanks for clearing that up Tillerman
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

The "god's theory" is only clarified by pretty much everything that happens in Silent Hill 3. The game does go out of its way to differentiate Alessa from God through generous amounts of mythology. It goes out of its way (graphically) to show that the 'mother' of God doesn't survive delivery.

It's also quite noteworthy that Silent Hill Chronicle's description of the ending tying the first and third games together conspicuously omits any equation of God and Alessa. Of course, this guide is only a supplementary reason why the theory is the only one that makes sense. Silent Hill 3 is a huge dollop of justification for pretty much everything in the theory.

But, let's assume that God does take over Alessa's body, and for some reason, that merits the new form being called Alessa. There is still no indication, whatsoever, that Alessa has any capacity to exercise this creature's will, or in any way affect its behavior--and certainly nothing about Cheryl. If they really are a merged being, God is obviously the one calling the shots. Unless you can explain why "Alessa" thinks it's a good idea to shoot bolts of lighting up Harry's ass, as "Alessa" clearly tries to do in the Bad endings.
Trauma_
Gravedigger

Post by Trauma_ »

I've already realised that the woman in white is god, and Alessa is both the mother and daughter of god and yada yada yada, but I'm still curious as to why the player still hears "daddy" when the god is defeated in either form. Once again, I'm not arguing that the woman in white was god, just curious.
Tillerman
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Tillerman »

alone in the town wrote:The "god's theory" is only clarified by pretty much everything that happens in Silent Hill 3. The game does go out of its way to differentiate Alessa from God through generous amounts of mythology. It goes out of its way (graphically) to show that the 'mother' of God doesn't survive delivery.
Depends on if you use Aglaophotis or not. Heather survived because she used Aglaophotis before it was too late. Claudia did not use Aglaophotis, and did not survive. Same thing in SH1: In the good endings Aglaophotis is used, and Alessa gets to live a little bit longer. In the bad endings Aglaophotis is not used and you kill Alessa along with god. It all makes perfect sense.
alone in the town wrote:Of course, this guide is only a supplementary reason why the theory is the only one that makes sense.
There is nothing I am aware of in the guide that directly supports the "god's plan theory." On the other hand, there are direct contradictions because the guide calls the Incubator "Incubator/Alessa," and refers to the lady in white as Alessa as well.
alone in the town wrote:Silent Hill 3 is a huge dollop of justification for pretty much everything in the theory.
Explain how, because I just don't see it. On the other hand, there is a huge contradiction in Silent Hill 3: Heather in the car ride with Douglas explaining that Alessa gave the baby to Harry. In the other thread, people tried to claim that Heather was reading this line from Harry's journal and that Harry just didn't understand the truth. But Heather leads into this conversation by saying "she is trying to remember," indicating that these are her own memories as Alessa, which would make them authoritative fact. (Unfortunately there's no way to prove that, so you can always choose to believe that she is reciting what she learned from Harry.)

However, that's not the most damning part. The most damning part is this: There is absolutely no way the writers of Silent Hill 1 would hide this elaborate scheme in SH1, and then contradict it in SH3. That makes absolutely no sense. If it's actually their intent that god gave Harry the baby, they would have had Heather remember it in the car ride and then spell it out clearly. SH3 is a game that is supposed to clear up mysteries from SH1, not obfuscate them.

So let me ask you a question: Explain why the writers hid this elaborate god's ploy in SH1, fail to mention it and contradict it in SH3, fail to mention it and contradict it in the Silent Hill Guidebook, both of which were specifically made with the idea of clearing up the mysteries of Silent Hill?
alone in the town wrote:But, let's assume that God does take over Alessa's body, and for some reason, that merits the new form being called Alessa.
You ought to know better than anyone that when god takes over Alessa's body, that form "The Incubator" is called god. The guidebook calls it god, Dahlia calls it god, it's god. It's Alessa's body, but god's at the wheel.
alone in the town wrote:There is still no indication, whatsoever, that Alessa has any capacity to exercise this creature's will, or in any way affect its behavior
Of course not, and she doesn't affect it's behavior, that's why it attacks you in the bad ending boss fight... Until you use Aglaophotis. If you do so it seperates Alessa from god, which is indicated by god no longer taking the form of Alessa's idea of god, and instead taking the form of Dahlia's idea of god.

I believe I've answered all of your questions with answers backed up with evidence from the guidebook. Now please answer my questions. If the writers had this "god's plan theory" in mind at any point, why do those same writers constantly contradict it?
Tillerman
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Tillerman »

Trauma_ wrote:I've already realised that the woman in white is god, and Alessa is both the mother and daughter of god and yada yada yada, but I'm still curious as to why the player still hears "daddy" when the god is defeated in either form. Once again, I'm not arguing that the woman in white was god, just curious.
The woman in white is Alessa. The following all comes from Silent Hill Chronicles:

Good+ ending explanation:
Silent Hill Chronicles wrote:Alessa uses the last of her power to stop the falling sparks. Harry
and Cybil escape to safety.
Bad+ ending explanation:
Silent Hill Chronicles wrote:IMAGE: Alessa's transformation
The bullet that Cybil fires is repelled and Alessa, who has returned
to a single being, attacks Harry as incubator.
Creature Commentery:
Silent Hill Chronicles wrote:Fusing with God, Alessa awakens.

In the case of the bad ending, Alessa/incubator appears instead of incubus.
Alessa's mental image is projected.
The truth is that god takes over Alessa's body, which is why you need to use Aglaophotis to seperate it, just as you did for Cybil. (Notice how in the correct explanation, Aglaophotis has the same use.) Once seperated and you kill Dahlia's manifestation of god, the woman and white leftover is Alessa, and she is the one who gives you the baby. If that seems like a contradiction to you, you can also look at it as Cheryl giving you the baby.

As for hearing "daddy," I guess it has something to do with Cheryl's soul being released, since Cheryl's soul (as part of Alessa) is part of god, and if you kill god you are freeing Cheryl one way or the other.
Trauma_
Gravedigger

Post by Trauma_ »

Oh not this again... (In case the whole-no it's alessa, no it's god, no u, no u shenanigens start up again)
Tillerman
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Tillerman »

Trauma_ wrote:Oh not this again... (In case the whole-no it's alessa, no it's god, no u, no u shenanigens start up again)
Yeah, I feel your pain. But honestly, I read the official guidebook myself and was really surprised to read all that stuff. I'm honestly kind of baffled why people who have read that guidebook still believe the "god's plan" theory. So I can't resist finding out by posting my little posts on here. I know, I know... I am a sick individual.
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

I see nothing in what you said, anywhere:

A: that proves that Alessa or Cheryl hands Harry a baby out of kindness, or anything in the guidebook which states this actually happened.

B: that proves the Woman in White, whether or not it's Alessa's body, can in any way be influenced by Alessa, with or without Aglaophotis being used.

C: That any of what you showed in any way invalidates the idea that God did it all on purpose.

D: That addresses the many contradictions and logical quandaries inherent in the idea that Alessa is the babymomma, including but not limited to how a person reincarnates herself while still alive, how Silent Hill 3 shows God taking over without the original host retaining any influence, how Incubus suddenly becomes Incubator again even after visibly destroying Incubator while hatching, how Alessa is the Mother of God, Daughter of God and apparently gives birth to herself? etc.

I'll admit you're more tenacious in pressing your theory, but it still isn't a very good theory because it relies too heavily on unqualified assumptions you make (such as, that Cheryl still exists, or that the original host can survive the transformation into God when all other instances show otherwise). It really boils down to which theory makes sense in the context of the two games. Yours doesn't.
SHF

Post by SHF »

This is fucking confusing. Silent hill chronicles is saying the Woman in White is Alessa? ( not god?)

Screw it, I'm just gonna have to play the game when I buy it.
Tillerman
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Tillerman »

alone in the town wrote:I see nothing in what you said, anywhere:

A: that proves that Alessa or Cheryl hands Harry a baby out of kindness, or anything in the guidebook which states this actually happened.
Didn't you read this part? From the Good+ ending description:

"Alessa uses the last of her power to stop the falling sparks. Harry
and Cybil escape to safety."

It's specifically referring to the lady in white as Alessa. That proves the lady in white is Alessa. Therefore, the baby is handed to Harry by Alessa.
alone in the town wrote:B: that proves the Woman in White, whether or not it's Alessa's body, can in any way be influenced by Alessa, with or without Aglaophotis being used.
From the Creature Commentery:

"Fusing with God, Alessa awakens.

In the case of the bad ending, Alessa/incubator appears instead of incubus.
Alessa's mental image is projected."

It specifically states "Alessa/incubator." This correberates my story, that Alessa'a body is taken over by god in the form of the incubator until you use Aglaophotis. Also, the picture I posted specifically shows god seperating from the lady in white when you use Aglaophotis.
alone in the town wrote:C: That any of what you showed in any way invalidates the idea that God did it all on purpose.
The guidebook specifically states that Alessa uses the last of her power to stop the sparks in the good+ ending. This demonstrates that in this scene, Alessa was in control. Therefore, it had to be her who gave Harry the baby as well. Unless you're suggesting that god and Alessa were working as a team...??
alone in the town wrote:D: That addresses the many contradictions and logical quandaries inherent in the idea that Alessa is the babymomma, including but not limited to how a person reincarnates herself while still alive,
This isn't a contradiction. She can also split her soul while she's alive. If she's splitting her soul in this scene, then logically we can say that it becomes the full soul when Alessa in god-form dies.
alone in the town wrote:how Silent Hill 3 shows God taking over without the original host retaining any influence,
I'm not sure why you're still confused by this point. I've never claimed that the original host has influence. The only reason Alessa is back to her own power in SH1 is because you seperate god out of her with Aglaophotis. It's exactly the same in SH3. Heather would be possessed by god as well if she hadn't used the Aglaophotis, and if you fail to use it and die you can kind of see that this is implied to happen.
alone in the town wrote:how Incubus suddenly becomes Incubator again even after visibly destroying Incubator while hatching,
I never noticed it "destroying" Incubator, you just see it's wings pop out, the you see it step out. And Incubus doesn't transform back into Incubator, if the game gives you that impression it was probably unintentional. Incubator was already seperated out. Again, look at the picture I posted above.
alone in the town wrote:how Alessa is the Mother of God, Daughter of God and apparently gives birth to herself? etc.
Yes I know, but according to the guidebook she does.
alone in the town wrote:I'll admit you're more tenacious in pressing your theory, but it still isn't a very good theory because it relies too heavily on unqualified assumptions you make
No, I'm only quoting the guidebook now. This is no longer assumptions... this is fact.

Don't take it so personally... let me tell you something. I have no particular emotional investment in any particular theory. If you'll notice, I started this thread mostly agreeing with everyone that god probably gave the baby to Harry. Do you know why I agreed? Because everyone here seemed so sure, and had done so much research, I simply assumed they must be right. But then I thought, (hmm, maybe there's an alternative theory.) And we argued about my Cheryl theory for a couple of pages. I was wondering if there was anything that contradicted this theory, and all you could bring up was that one quote by Dahlia, which doesn't really contradict it. So I was like... hmmm... that's weird. Maybe I better do a little investigation into this "god theory."

So somehow I found out where that page comes from, the one with the forms of god on it, the one that keeps getting referenced as proof. I read the guidebook myself. Can you imagine how surprised I was to discover that the guidebook specifically states "Alessa/Incubator"? This is what made me realize that my theory is the only one that make sense. As you pointed out in the other thread, the guide calls the Incubator a form of god, but also calls it Alessa and it specifically calls the woman in white Alessa. Those things are all contradictions, unless Alessa and the Incubator share a body until Aglaophotis is used.

That's why my theory is right. Not only is it backed up by hard evidence, it takes the contradictions of the guidebook and makes sense out of them. My theory is the ONLY theory which is not contradicted by the guidebook at all. Your theory, that "god handed Harry the baby," is specifically contradicted by the guidebook, as well as Silent Hill 3. That's why it has to be wrong. Or at the very least, it's not the creator's intention. (You can still choose to believe it, of course... I'm not a canon nazi, I'm not going to insist that you stick to what's canonical.)

So Alone in the Dark, why do you continue to insist that your god theory is correct? Why are you ignoring what Silent's Hill's creators wrote in their own guidebook? Could you answer that question, please?
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Your theory, that "god handed Harry the baby," is specifically contradicted by the guidebook, as well as Silent Hill 3. That's why it has to be wrong.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/LyingCreator

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... pFlopOfGod

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ShrugOfGod

Take your pick, but the quoted phrase is extremely poor reasoning. Alone in the Town explained very concisely why your idea doesn't make logical sense, and you haven't really done anything effective to counter it. You just went "Well what if, what if."
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Tillerman
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Tillerman »

AuraTwilight wrote:
Your theory, that "god handed Harry the baby," is specifically contradicted by the guidebook, as well as Silent Hill 3. That's why it has to be wrong.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/LyingCreator

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... pFlopOfGod

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ShrugOfGod

Take your pick, but the quoted phrase is extremely poor reasoning. Alone in the Town explained very concisely why your idea doesn't make logical sense, and you haven't really done anything effective to counter it. You just went "Well what if, what if."
Sorry Aura, but as far as I can tell I answered all of his questions. If you disagree, please explain why.

Are you actually suggesting that the creators were lying when they called the Incubator / Lady in White Alessa? Why would they lie in a book that was specifically made to clear up the mysteries of SH1? Why would they continue to lie in SH3
by having Heather state that Alessa gave Harry that baby?

And if that's the case, then do you also dismiss that the Incubator is a "form of god," since it comes from the same book? Is the book trustworthy or not? If certain parts are trustworthy, would you please explain to me what method you use to tell the trustworthy parts from the non trustworthy parts?
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

The St. Alessa painting in the Belfry still proves, in-game, the developer's intent with Silent Hill's ending. This is reaffirmed in the supplemental material.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Tillerman
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Tillerman »

The Adversary wrote:The St. Alessa painting in the Belfry still proves, in-game, the developer's intent with Silent Hill's ending.
Not the way I see it. That painting is vague. What it actually says is "mother of god, daughter of god." Now, it'd be reasonable to assume that by "daughter of god" the writers are suggesting that it was god who gave the baby to Harry, *except* that Heather directly contradicts this information in the same game by telling Douglas that Alessa gave the baby to Harry, and furthermore the guidebook contradicts this as well by referring to the woman in white as Alessa. Therefore, the only reasonable explanation is that the painting is not meant to be interpreted in the way you're thinking. It could be either:

1. "Daughter of god" is meant in the more generic sense. Various religions commonly refer to people as children of god. (Though it's a bit questionable if that actually coincides with the cut's beliefs.)
2. Since Alessa was still in god's form, it could be reasonable to assume that she is using god's power to reincarnate herself. If you look at it this way, you could still call Heather "daughter of god."

So you see, because the painting is rather vague, there's room for these alternative explanations which clear up the contradiction. If we're trying to clear up contradictions and understand the developer's true intent, this makes more sense than the alternative, assuming that the guidebook is lying. That's a pretty far-fetched claim and there's no reason to believe it's lying.
The Adversary wrote:This is reaffirmed in the supplemental material.
Not that I'm aware of, in fact the opposite. The guidebook specifically refers to both the Incubator and the Lady in White as Alessa. Do you think that's a "mistake," or that the creators intentionally inserted lies into the guidebook? Just curious.

ETA: I just thought of this... there is a 3rd way to interpret that painting so that it no longer contradicts the guidebook. "Daughter of God" is meant to be symoblic. In other words, it represents how Heather was brought about by the event of god being born, even if Heather wasn't directly created by god herself. This also coincides with interpretation 2, that Heather is a reincarnation brought about by Alessa borrowing what remains of god's power.
Soulless-Shadow
Subway Guard

Post by Soulless-Shadow »

I know I said I wasn't going to bother hitting my head against this brick wall of a discussion any more, but I thought I'd mention that the Ending Analysis page everyone is using as proof isn't a direct translation of what is actually written in the Book of Lost Memories. Translated Memories even admits it's not. The literal translation (for the Good Ending), which is found here, only mentions Alessa by name when she disappears. It says nothing of "Alessa/Cheryl" handing a baby to Harry. Of course there then seem to be a few other contradictions in the image blurbs, mainly one of the images for Good+. I would love to be able to have a look at a copy of the Book of Lost Memories. Or at least some scans of it unedited. I'd like to see for myself if the blurb for that particular image actually says "Alessa uses the last of her power to stop the falling sparks." However, I'm unable to find any decent scans of it. :x
Tillerman
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Tillerman »

You're in luck, I just happen to have links to page scans! Here's a link to the entire thing. Note that you can zoom into any of these pages:

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/alb ... 0183SaVKHM

Here's a link to the creature commentary picture enlarged. Look closely at the description of Incubator in the bottom right corner, and you will see clearly see it labeled, in English: Alessa/Incubator. So that one is 100% verified.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/ful ... 6304ISaOhc

Here's a link to the ending page enlarged:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/ful ... 6304mJVxKI

Unfortunately, I can't read Japanese, so I can't verify that it actually says Alessa, but considering that we already have comformation that the Incubator is "Alessa/Incubator," I would wager that it does. I would love it if someone could translate this.
Soulless-Shadow wrote:Of course there then seem to be a few other contradictions in the image blurbs, mainly one of the images for Good+
Don't forget the other one, under Bad+: "IMAGE: Alessa's transformation
The bullet that Cybil fires is repelled and Alessa, who has returned to a single being, attacks Harry as incubator."

Just for fun, here's the image where it says Alessa/Incubator in English, because I know people love snappy images.

Since it's spelled out in English that Incubator is Alessa, we at least know that *can't* be a translation error. It also seems impossible that could be a mistake. And I see no reason to believe the creators are lying. Therefore I don't see any alternative than to say that Incubator = Alessa.
Soulless-Shadow
Subway Guard

Post by Soulless-Shadow »

Tillerman wrote:You're in luck, I just happen to have links to page scans! Here's a link to the entire thing. Note that you can zoom into any of these pages:
I've already seen those links, and while you can zoom in, I can't scroll or view any other part of the page other than the top left corner. Not helpful. I have found some other scans though. The only problem is the text gets blurry when I zoom in to get a better look, so the Kanji is harder to make out (and there's a lot of Kanji). That really sucks because I don't know Kanji. I would have to search through lists to find the correct ones, so blurry Kanji is not helpful. I've only learnt Hiragana, and Katakana, and even then my knowledge is sketchy and my memory is fuzzy (been a little while since I last had a look at anything).
Tillerman wrote:Here's a link to the creature commentary picture enlarged. Look closely at the description of Incubator in the bottom right corner, and you will see clearly see it labeled, in English: Alessa/Incubator. So that one is 100% verified.
No, it's still not 100% verified. At least not for me. Seeing as how the Translated Memories ending page isn't a direct translation, and actually adds in Alessa when Alessa is clearly not mentioned, I'm less inclined to take notice of anything unless I manage to figure it out myself. I suggest you take the same approach.
FYI, Alessa in Katakana is "アレッサ". The only time "アレッサ" is shown in the Good ending synopsis is when Alessa disappears, only to be replaced with the Woman in White. I've yet to look at other endings, and I won't do so tonight.
Tillerman wrote:Unfortunately, I can't read Japanese, so I can't verify that it actually says Alessa, but considering that we already have comformation that the Incubator is "Alessa/Incubator," I would wager that it does. I would love it if someone could translate this.
According to Silent Hill Chronicle, the rest of that text says "In the case of the bad ending, Alessa/incubator appears instead of incubus. Alessa's mental image is projected." Now, assuming that's correct, then why would Alessa's mental image be of herself as God? I'm beginning to think something is messed up with the Book of Lost Memories. Besides, Japanese is contextual. What one person reads/translate could differ to what another person reads/translates. Apparently the way one interprets it can have an impact (I don't know for sure. One of my learning materials says just that, but I'm teaching myself, so I don't have a teacher I can ask).
Tillerman wrote:Don't forget the other one, under Bad+: "IMAGE: Alessa's transformation
The bullet that Cybil fires is repelled and Alessa, who has returned to a single being, attacks Harry as incubator."
I haven't even tried looking at that yet, but for all I know that could be bad translation, or deliberate half-arse-ery just like the Translated Memories Ending page.
Tillerman wrote:Since it's spelled out in English that Incubator is Alessa, we at least know that *can't* be a translation error. It also seems impossible that could be a mistake. And I can see no reason to believe the creators are lying. Therefore I don't see any alternative than to say that Incubator = Alessa.
That's not proof. In most of the Silent Hill Chronicle endings she's only referred to as "woman" or "Incubator". I'm starting to think that the Book of Lost Memories was a huge mess, or deliberately vague to screw people around. There's so much in there that contradicts things it has already said numerous times. Of course I'm basing this on my own half-arse attempt at translating as well as Translated Memories (which we've already established isn't entirely correct) and Silent Hill Chronicles (which I haven't a clue how accurate it is, but based on what little I managed to figure out, it seems to match up).

Ok, I think I've said everything I wanted to say. I got a little side tracked and swapped between parts of my post, so it might not all make sense.