Yamaoka's Silent Hill guitar to be auctioned for Charity!!!

Use this section to discuss the DVDs, OSTs, comics and any other SH Media.

Moderator: Moderators

lain of the wired
Historical Society Historian
Location: Is this not Eorzea? Where the hell was that exit...?

Yamaoka's Silent Hill guitar to be auctioned for Charity!!!

Post by lain of the wired »

Play For Japan: A game industry is auctioning Akira Yamaoka's electric guitar and FX pedals! All proceeds will go towards relief for the victims of the earthquake and tsunami in Japan! Take a look!!

Silent Hill Fans! You’re bidding on an extremely special guitar. This Yamaha APX-15FM acoustic electric guitar was purchased by Akira Yamaoka, producer and composer of the Silent Hill series of games, shortly before he began work on the first Silent Hill game. Akira composed the first soundtrack on this guitar, and then used it to compose every Silent Hill soundtrack he worked on thereafter. The SOUL of Silent Hill resides within this guitar. There’s a high possibility that it’s haunted!

The guitar also comes with two effects amps used while making the game soundtracks; a Line 6 FB4 and a Line 6 POD. Akira says that using these amps you can recreate any sound from the Silent Hill series!

This guitar was also used by Akira at the Video Games Live series of concerts!

When we asked Akira if he was willing to put his Silent Hill ‘mojo’ up for auction, he replied that it was a small thing compared to the losses the people of Touhoku suffered due to the earthquakes and tsunamis.
This auction ends April 5 at 05:10:36 PDT with all proceeds benefitting the American Red Cross. As of this post, the price is up to about $500! Even if you don't have the money (or like Yamaoka), if you have e-bay, no harm in going in to drive up the price for a good cause...!
You'll be missed. You were missed. I am missing you.
Silent Evil
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Re: Yamaoka's Silent Hill guitar to be auctioned for Charity

Post by Silent Evil »

What a GREAT Silent Hill prize it would be to own!!! :D
Follow me on: deviantART | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

I'll only bid if he played the Contra: Shattered Soldier soundtrack on it, too.

CHUG CHUG CHUG CHUGGA CHUGGA CHUGGA MEEDLY MEEDLY MEEDLY MEEDLY CHUGGA CHUGGA
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

2 seconds after posting that message Silent Evil bought the guitar. :P

Seriously, that's cool. Good to know it's for helping the victims and not for self-gain (even if it was I bet Yamaoka doesn't need it, he haves many "worshippers").
Wish I had the cash. Well done for the lucky fella that manages to get it. And good luck Japan.
Diego_Reynoso
Just Passing Through

Post by Diego_Reynoso »

By the way, the bidding on the guitar ended at $4,450.00 USD...
SilentWren

Post by SilentWren »

I'm glad that teh money went to a good cause, but I was expecting it to hit a little higher.

Well...Akira got his use out of it, and some fan somewhere is very happy. So all's well that ends well....I suppose.
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

Thank you for understanding. <3

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 28#p674128