Patrick Tatopoulos is a rather unlucky fellow

Discuss the original 2006 movie.

Moderator: Moderators

AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Re: Patrick Tatopoulos is a rather unlucky fellow

Post by AuraTwilight »

A movie exactly like the original game would be boring anyway, is the thing. I mean, people bitched about Shattered Memories and it deviated from the plot. Can you imagine an hour and a half condensing of the original SH1 plot?

There's no way to please most of the people who didn't like the movie.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
lain of the wired
Location: Is this not Eorzea? Where the hell was that exit...?

Post by lain of the wired »

Good lord, how did I miss this thread with all my love of creature SFX and make-up? I have a book that discusses Tatopoulos alongside some of the SFX masters, like KNB and the WETA Workshop! I'd hardly say his work is all underappreciated, or that he hasn't had critical success. The movies may not have been especially good in plot or story, but the imagery has all been considered excellent. Bram Stoker's Dracula in '92 (really, IMDB- you missed that one?) and I, Robot are particularly good examples of the acclaim he's gotten in terms of visual and creature effects. He's actually gotten quite a bit of recognition from the FX industry, even if (movie) critical acclaim missed him!
You'll be missed. You were missed. I am missing you.
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

He did the creature effects on a movie called The Cave. The movie was pretty much crap, but the creatures were pretty cool.
lain of the wired
Location: Is this not Eorzea? Where the hell was that exit...?

Post by lain of the wired »

^The creature was BRILLIANT! Tatopoulos created a fully quadrupedal creature suit, with wing-extensions, no less! The creature actor (Brian Steele) had to re-learn how to move properly to make it work! Most creature suits just have the actors go "gorilla" to move about (arm-extensions without altering the leg-length to match)- but he did it right! That's pretty fucking cool!
You'll be missed. You were missed. I am missing you.
Silent_Storm
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Silent_Storm »

I have to agree this is a good point but he is one of many 'designers' who deosnt get the credit they deserve
What's the big deal - Laura