Stephen King's IT reference?

Ten years after the original game and Harry's still searching for his daughter.

Moderator: Moderators

Doo-glas
Brookhaven Receptionist

Stephen King's IT reference?

Post by Doo-glas »

I can't remember where exactly, I think it's when you're following Lisa, but at one point on the Silent Hill streets you pass by a Chinese restaurant called the "Jade Palace"

I'm too lazy to skim through my copy, but I'm pretty sure there's a Chinese restaurant of the same name in Stephen King's IT, which would make sense seeing as how Silent Hill more resembles Maine in this one

also the memory of the drowned boy in the sewers also vaguely reminded me of IT (they float! they all float down here!)
SHF
Historical Society Historian

Re: Stephen King's IT reference?

Post by SHF »

It IT the boy ( george, bill's younger brother) doesn't drown. he gets his arm ripped off by pennywise.
Thats how he dies.
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

Doo-glas wrote:I can't remember where exactly, I think it's when you're following Lisa, but at one point on the Silent Hill streets you pass by a Chinese restaurant called the "Jade Palace"

I'm too lazy to skim through my copy, but I'm pretty sure there's a Chinese restaurant of the same name in Stephen King's IT, which would make sense seeing as how Silent Hill more resembles Maine in this one

also the memory of the drowned boy in the sewers also vaguely reminded me of IT (they float! they all float down here!)
It's called "Jade of the Orient".
It IT the boy ( george, bill's younger brother) doesn't drown. he gets his arm ripped off by pennywise.
Thats how he dies.
There is a scene in which Pennywise appears to Stan Uris in the guise of a boy who drowned in the Standpipe.
Doo-glas
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Doo-glas »

alone in the town wrote:
Doo-glas wrote:I can't remember where exactly, I think it's when you're following Lisa, but at one point on the Silent Hill streets you pass by a Chinese restaurant called the "Jade Palace"

It's called "Jade of the Orient".
the one in the book or the one in the game? :?
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

In the book. I checked.
parasitehill
Just Passing Through

Post by parasitehill »

Also the Red balloon before entering the gym. There's also the road named after Bachman which was Stephen King's pen-name before he became big.
parasitehill

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Keep updated on my latest work by visiting my Blog!
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

parasitehill wrote:Also the Red balloon before entering the gym. There's also the road named after Bachman which was Stephen King's pen-name before he became big.
Actually, King used the Bachman name after he was already popular. He wanted to see if he could write successful books without his real name attached after he had become famous.

The first of the Bachman stories was in 1977 after King had already released Carrie, Salem's Lot, and The Shining which were all pretty popular.
parasitehill
Just Passing Through

Post by parasitehill »

Really? I could have sworn it was the other way around :X I've read enough of his books, you think I would have kept the right info up there. Still shows correlation though.
parasitehill

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Keep updated on my latest work by visiting my Blog!
Harrys_Girl

Post by Harrys_Girl »

^This was revealed in SH1, where all the streets are named after famous authors.
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

Stephen King wrote some of the Bachman stories before he became famous, but they weren't published until later. I believe I read that Rage was the first novel he ever completed.
lain of the wired
Location: Is this not Eorzea? Where the hell was that exit...?

Post by lain of the wired »

Bachman came after King.

Anyway, between the drowned boy and the red balloon... I wasn't thinking of them at the time, but now that you mention it... good catch!
You'll be missed. You were missed. I am missing you.
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

^He didn't create the pseudonym until later, but Rage and Blaze were completed before Carrie was ever published.
lain of the wired

^So were a number of his later published stories before his name became akin to a brand. What's your point?
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

I thought it was an interesting trivia piece.
lain of the wired

Ah, Okie-dokie then.
heavensnightsh

Post by heavensnightsh »

lain of the wired wrote:
Anyway, between the drowned boy and the red balloon... I wasn't thinking of them at the time, but now that you mention it... good catch!
I'm now slapping myself in the forehead for not connecting these things :lol:
[img]http://i41.tinypic.com/dbmhpc.gif[/img]
(o ) ( 0)[size=75]WOOO!|[url=http://www.silenthillheaven.com/wiki]Silent Hill Wiki[/url]|[img]http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s278/razrguy/tray.gif[/img]"What the hell is it?"[/size]
( ) ­ [size=75]I wanna thank you for this chance to be [color=teal]angels[/color] [/size]
[img]http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s278/razrguy/Pokemon.gif[/img][img]http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s278/razrguy/HarryPotter-2.gif[/img][img]http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s278/razrguy/LGDare.gif[/img] Thank you Harrys_Girl for the Drawing Block!
[size=59][I am currently permitted to display a larger avatar thanks to my status as a supporter of SHHF][/size]