MOVIE ENDING THEORIES!

Discuss the original 2006 movie.

Moderator: Moderators

SiXo
Just Passing Through

Re: MOVIE ENDING THEORIES!

Post by SiXo »

Can someone help me out. I am new to all this Silent Hill thing, and there is just one thing that I can't get out of the head.
At the end we see that Rose and her kid are traped in some other world or...? I just didn't get it.
So if anyone can tell me...What was all that about.
welcome toImagesilent hill
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

Sharon and Alessa merged back together, since they were originally one person. Alessa created the Otherworld to get revenge and get away from the world that hurt her. Now that her revenge is satisfied, she wants to live with Rose, her mommy who literally went through hell for her, forever in a world SHE controls. Why go back to the real world when she can live forever as a god?
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
SiXo
Just Passing Through

Post by SiXo »

Oh, I see...Yeah that makes a lot of sence. Thank you. :)
welcome toImagesilent hill
WelcomeToNowhere
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by WelcomeToNowhere »

I really don't want to read through five years of posts, so if my theory is something someone's already mentioned, then I'm sorry

Most people I've talked to think that Dark Alessa was a demon, out doing it for chaos and the lulz. Well, my theory is, Dark Alessa is not a demon, but the physical manifestation of Alessa's repressed magical powers. In the movie, during Christabella's attempted execution of Alessa, she repeatedly calls her evil and a demon; when the Execution Platform's suspension chain breaks and the Fire Department rescues her, Alessa spends a while in the ICU, unable to move.

The hate and rage and fear she feels towards the Order, mixed with her damaged body and psyche, coalesces into what she envisioned herself to be in the eyes of the Order: a pitiless, inhuman harbinger of the Apocalypse, camouflaged as a child. This facet of her soul is perfectly capable of doing the terrible things she does to the remaining townsfolk, because it is a "demon." Since she really believes it to be a demon, it believes itself to be a demon, too, the same way James really did believe Maria was a regular stripper, and Maria did, too.

When D. Alessa rejoined Sharon, after the slaughter at the Balkan Church, that was the 3 pieces of Alessa's soul rejoining together: Adult Alessa, Dark Alessa, and Sharon.

My guess for the very end is, when Rose falls asleep, she and Sharon will reappear in the real world. Otherwise, how will the sequel work?
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

That pretty much seems to be exactly it. Dark Alessa was Alessa's id and dark side manifesting through her powers, in much the same way that Sharon was her innocence and goodness.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
SilentRobert23
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by SilentRobert23 »

AuraTwilight wrote:That pretty much seems to be exactly it. Dark Alessa was Alessa's id and dark side manifesting through her powers, in much the same way that Sharon was her innocence and goodness.
Would that make Sharon the superego? If so, I'm having a difficult time seeing Adult Alessa as the ego.
country matters
WelcomeToNowhere
Brookhaven Receptionist

AuraTwilight wrote:That pretty much seems to be exactly it. Dark Alessa was Alessa's id and dark side manifesting through her powers, in much the same way that Sharon was her innocence and goodness.
I'm not signed up for Psych until the new college semester starts in September, and I don't remember much from H.S. Psych, so could you remind me what id and super-ego are? I'd look it up on Wikipedia, but I don't trust it anymore.

@SilentRobert23: I don't think the Real Alessa is anything more than a shell; she doesn't move, talk, or have any real personality to speak of. Except for the Slaughter at the Church and the Failed Execution in the '70s, she's basically... irrelevant, I guess. All her personality seems to be housed in Dark Alessa and Cheryl.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

The id is the part of the mind that wants to engage in base instincts without caring about the rest of the world. Eat that, fuck that, kill that, sleep, be lazy, fight that asshole. The Superego is the part of our mind that develops and begins to support the morality and ethics we're taught at all costs to be accepted into society. Don't steal, don't kill, it's rude to fart at the dinner table, etc.
WelcomeToNowhere
Brookhaven Receptionist

Oh, cool. That actually made sense! :mrgreen:

It makes sense for D. Alessa to be id and Sharon to be superego, the way you and SilentRobert23 explain it, but what about the Real Alessa?

Would she be regular ego, the Self? She's, like, the template the others are based off of. Or, like I said, is she just irrelevant?
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

She still has a personality, as you see her look around and obviously thinking when she shows up in the church. She probably would be the ego; except she completely gave into her id, and completely split off her Superego for safekeeping. To complete the Multiple Personality thing created by her powers, it's sort of like how someone with the condition will create an alternate self to deal with abuse, then go into a corner of their mind and block everything out.

In the 2004 version of the script, Dark Alessa claims that "This whole world is Alessa...it is her dream from which she cannot wake." So it's sort of like SH1 in that regard. She's as much trapped as the cultists are, though it's subconsciously self-imposed.
WelcomeToNowhere
Brookhaven Receptionist

So, it's kinda like the ultimate case of Disassociative Identity Disorder, where her concept of self was so skewed, she created actual PEOPLE out of her separate personalities!
Aerith Gainsborough

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

^Maybe, but Bassett even told Jodelle that Dark Alessa is also called 'The Devil.' I always figured that, yes Sharon is the good part of Alessa, and that Dark Alessa is the bad, but that The Devil manifested her bad part. Aura, you may clear this up.
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

They also said that everyone had a "Devil" and "God" inside them. It's a metaphor how everyone can be pure good and pure evil.

I don't really think Alessa had a skewed self-image. She wanted to lash out at the people who hurt her but didn't think she could. Her mind allowed her evil to manifest as another person she thought she could team up with; a figure that could play the role of the devil the cult was so afraid of. And then after that, Alessa split off her innocence so it wouldn't be corrupted. Thenonce her revenge is satisfied, she can remerge together and become a normal (kiiiinda) little girl again.
Aerith Gainsborough

^That's what I thought it was, exactly. So, 'The Devil' is just the Pure Evil part of Alessa, appearing to Rose as a person (sort of how Alessa split herself into parts in SH1), instead of an actual Devil? Make sense to me.
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

Aerith Gainsborough wrote:^That's what I thought it was, exactly. So, 'The Devil' is just the Pure Evil part of Alessa, appearing to Rose as a person (sort of how Alessa split herself into parts in SH1), instead of an actual Devil? Make sense to me.
That's correct. The filmmakers have previously stated Dark Alessa is not the actual Devil.
Aerith Gainsborough

^Awesome.
WelcomeToNowhere
Brookhaven Receptionist

This is why I like Silent Hill: everyone can have their own opinion and somehow still be right. That, and the music.

Anyway, I'm betting that, when Sharon falls asleep, she'll reawaken in the RealWorld, safe and sound. The plot synopsis for Revelations suggests that Sharon, renamed Heather, is on the lamb with her dad, Sean Bean, which implies that Sharon reached the RealWorld safely and Rose either died later or never left the FogWorld. The cast list, which includes Radha Mitchell, leads me to infer the latter, since she's still alive... probably.
Aerith Gainsborough

^I think the good half (Sharon) and the evil half (Dark Alessa) of Alessa's soul joined together when Dark Alessa looked into Sharon's eyes to make Alessa's soul whole again. At the end of the first movie, she acts very strange, very quiet and pissed off? Hah. I also think that Rose and Alessa are stuck in the Fogworld together, reasons I don't know. Perhaps Alessa wants this? I'm sure this theory has been stated several times within this topic. Your idea is a nice one, though, but she woke up at the end of the first movie and came inside with Rose, unless you mean when she may fall asleep later?
WelcomeToNowhere
Brookhaven Receptionist

^Yeah, I meant when she goes to sleep in the house, not earlier. Besides, it might not be her conscious choice, as "Only the Dark One can open and close the gates to Silent Hill," and the Dark One doesn't seem to be in the forefront of Sharon's mind. It might just spontaneously happen, y'know?
soft_cell
Just Passing Through

Post by soft_cell »

So can someone tell me that Alessa in this movie, is the same girl, Heather in the second movie?

How will this last movie link to the new one? In the game Heather is Alessa right?

But of course the movie is separate from the games....but in this new movie Rose and Chris are in it....