Kaufmann, Out of Character

Truck drivin' Travis detours into Silent Hill. Tree Top Tall & Wall-to-Wall, Good Buddy.

Moderator: Moderators

The Adversary
RESPECT

Re: Kaufmann, Out of Character

Post by The Adversary »

Anyone can write and edit the entries on the Silent Hill Wiki. The drug isn't even called White Claudia. It's called PTV.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Aerith Gainsborough
Historical Society Historian

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

^ Right. PTV is made from WC. It's not the same thing, though.
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
Miette
Just Passing Through

Post by Miette »

Okay, but he obviously used the fact that he had a steady supply of the drug in order to gain power over people: Lisa. Either way, he used people, therefore is not a good person.
If the children don't grow up, our bodies get bigger but our hearts get torn up.
Aerith Gainsborough

Nobody said he was a good person...? I clearly said he was evil in both the original Silent Hill 1 and Silent Hill Origins.
MariaRising
Gravedigger

Post by MariaRising »

The only two words that come to my mind to describe him in Origins are sinister and nerdy.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>Right. PTV is made from WC. It's not the same thing, though.<
My point was that anyone can edit anything on the Silent Hill wiki, however incorrect it is. The evidence Miette used was then invalid because in that very same bit of evidence it was false.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Aerith Gainsborough

^I hope you didn't take that wrongly, Tom. I was only agreeing with you.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Oh, I know. I was clarifying for Miette.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Doctor Eggnog
Subway Guard

Post by Doctor Eggnog »

Am I the only one who didn't find the music before meeting Kaufman in Origins creepy and evil. Maybe I'm emo but it sounded pleasant to me. Maybe music sounds different to different people just like food tastes different.

Anyway, Kaufman's evil in Origins may have been generic, but not overdone I don't think. He was still understated. Just generic.
Socially Awkward Penguin is my hero.
Aerith Gainsborough

I thought the music just sounding like casual, walking around music. Nothing really sinister about it.
MariaRising
Gravedigger

Post by MariaRising »

I also thought the music in that part was pretty laid-back, no evil-ness or creepiness there. As much as I don't like this game, I've always thought the music for it was pretty good lol :D
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

The music stuck out to me in this one, particularly how drum beats would just randomly happen when you walked around the hospital.
Doctor Eggnog
Subway Guard

Post by Doctor Eggnog »

I thought the soundtrack was better than SH4, and although the soundtrack wasn't nearly as good as the one for SH3, I thought that the music was better used in-game than SH3. Most of the time, the music was used in a very appropriate and well done way, and was a major reason for the game being scarier than SH4 for me.
Socially Awkward Penguin is my hero.
Kompwars
Just Passing Through

Post by Kompwars »

hmm i heard that in SH0 Kaufmann
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Killed Lisa by drugging her. it just didn't show her death cuz it wasn't a instant kill or something. But idk, its a theory. thats why in Sh1 Lisa said she was dead all along
Aerith Gainsborough

Kaufmann never 'drugged' her, though. She became an addict and wanted the supply. She could have stopped at anytime, but her addiction was very strong. The whole reason why she stays at Alchemilla is because Kaufmann threatened to stop her supply of drugs if she didn't stay. Taking care of Alessa was messing with her emotionally and psychologically, which caused her addiction to grow even greater. Lisa hadn't realized she was dead. When she finally realized it, she then 'transformed.'
mikefile
Gravedigger

Post by mikefile »

Kompwars wrote:(...) thats why in Sh1 Lisa said she was dead all along.
That's not why she said it.
Trauma_
Gravedigger

Post by Trauma_ »

Aerith Gainsborough wrote:Lisa hadn't realized she was dead. When she finally realized it, she then 'transformed.'
..wat? :?

She seemed alive and well in Origins. At that point in time all of the characters including Dahlia, Kaufmann, Travis, Harry, James, Robby The Rabbit...ect, and yes- even Lisa were alive, I haven't seen a single shred of evidence to support that she was dead at the time, so I don't know where you're getting that idea from...

A lot can happen in 7 years so it's not like she had to die/get sealed to the Otherworld (if you go by the theory of the Virun VII was implanted on her) right away for all the events to be set in motion, she doesn't say a thing about even remembering how long she's been stuck there, so hell, it could have happened as soon as Harry stepped into town for all we know...

By the time Lisa started transforming the Otherworld and Nowhere were already starting to disintegrate anyways...
Last edited by Trauma_ on 10 Aug 2011, edited 1 time in total.
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

Lisa never 'realized she was dead'. Mostly because she wasn't dead.
Trauma_
Gravedigger

Post by Trauma_ »

Besides, I know this is an old topic but I'm not surprised in the least that the characters acted differently than their counterparts in 0.

It's 7 fucking years between both games, and people who act the exact same and have the same mannerisms after that amount of time are usually thought to have some sort of neurological disorder. You can't honestly tell me most people don't change in that amount of time.

It's just as likely that Kaufman decided "fuck this shit, I'm tired of pretending" as soon as he meets Harry and that amount of time in the Otherworld would make me crotchety and pissy too... It's not that hard to believe that Kaufman just got tired of playing Dahlias game and became bitter because of it...