Search FAQ

Login | Register


All times are UTC [ DST ]


It is currently 17 Sep 2014




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 358 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
Author Message

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject: Re: pyramid head or boogeyman? should he have been there?
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 01 Jun 2009
Notes left: 3517
Last seen at: i'm sick of these monkey fighting snakes on this monday to friday plane.
Eh the main reason the siren probably isn't complained about is because it's not really that important, at least i don't think it is.

_________________
Image


Top
   
 

Woodside Apartments Janitor
 Post subject: Re: pyramid head or boogeyman? should he have been there?
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 30 Mar 2009
Notes left: 1081
Last seen at: North of The Wall
Trauma does have a point though, I mean the Siren is something that's links directly to Alessa isn't it, and as such surely should have no place in James's otherworld. That being said, you could easily argue that it is a remnant, given the strength of Alessa's influence on the spiritual powers of SH.

_________________
Too cold to start a fire
I'm burning diesel, burning dinosaur bones
I'll take the river down to still water
And ride a pack of dogs


Top
   
 

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject: Re: pyramid head or boogeyman? should he have been there?
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 30 Mar 2011
Notes left: 272
You're comparing apples and oranges. If the siren were removed from Silent Hill 2, nothing else about the game would have to change (most people probably wouldn't even notice). If the Bogeyman were such an insignificant part of SH:H that removing it would have no impact on the game, I doubt anybody would have minded.

Also, who says the siren has nothing to do with Silent Hill 2's plot? Lots of elements from all the games are related to Alessa's experience, since she's the reason the town is the way it is. If they started putting too many of Alessa's specific nightmares in later games, like the dogs and wheelchairs of SH4, you'll find a lot of people don't like it.


Top
   
 

Woodside Apartments Janitor
 Post subject: Re: pyramid head or boogeyman? should he have been there?
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 30 Mar 2009
Notes left: 1081
Last seen at: North of The Wall
KingCrimson wrote:
You're comparing apples and oranges. If the siren were removed from Silent Hill 2, nothing else about the game would have to change (most people probably wouldn't even notice). If the Bogeyman were such an insignificant part of SH:H that removing it would have no impact on the game, I doubt anybody would have minded.

Also, who says the siren has nothing to do with Silent Hill 2's plot? Lots of elements from all the games are related to Alessa's experience, since she's the reason the town is the way it is. If they started putting too many of Alessa's specific nightmares in later games, like the dogs and wheelchairs of SH4, you'll find a lot of people don't like it.



Not really, people would have complained way more if PH was just in Homecoming with so little reason that removing him wouldn't affect the game at all, the fact is that they did work in a pretty solid reason behind his appearance and it makes a lot of sense that that sort of manifestation would occur in the given scenario. But yeah, the siren's appearance in SH2 is neither as noticable nor as important as the boogeyman in SH:H.

As far as I was aware nothing in SH4's otherworld relates to Alessa, because it's it's not her world, it's Walters, and I don't just mean in the way that James's otherworld differs to Alessa's, I mean that it's a completely different world entirely created by Walter, separate to the otherworld of SH1. The dogs, the wheelchairs etc, they are all Walters, not Alessa's.

_________________
Too cold to start a fire
I'm burning diesel, burning dinosaur bones
I'll take the river down to still water
And ride a pack of dogs


Top
   
 

Gravedigger
 Post subject: Re: pyramid head or boogeyman? should he have been there?
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 09 Jun 2010
Notes left: 463
SPRINGS02 wrote:
Eh the main reason the siren probably isn't complained about is because it's not really that important, at least i don't think it is.

Exactly my point, that's why so many people complained about RPT being in Homecoming, and what little time he had on screen. It's another one of those ridiculous double standards that exists within the series and I for one am kind of sick of it. Like I said, the siren is just as, if now MORE iconic than RPT. I even have seen people complaining about the siren being in HC as well., "because it ripped off the movie". People would have no problem with TS putting RPT in another game, but Cthulu forbid it be a foreign developer putting him in...

_________________
funera.bandcamp.com


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject: Re: pyramid head or boogeyman? should he have been there?
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 01 Jun 2009
Notes left: 3517
Last seen at: i'm sick of these monkey fighting snakes on this monday to friday plane.
I never thought the siren was more important than pyramid head because it doesn't effect the plot like pyramid head does. And nobody ever said they wanted pyramid head in another game(i know i don't) so i doubt they would like it if team silent did. Also pyramids heads cameo in homecoming felt kind of tacked on. Like they could of easily replaced it with anything else but they used pyramid head because he's popular. Really i doubt people not liking pyramids head appearance in homecoming has to do with a different team making the game, especially when homecoming is the lowest rated silent hill game.

_________________
Image


Top
   
 

Gravedigger
 Post subject: Re: pyramid head or boogeyman? should he have been there?
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 02 Feb 2010
Notes left: 504
Last seen at: Birmingham
^Agreed. I don't want to see PM again. In Homecoming, PM felt more like a special guest appearance than a regular character/enemy/boss. First time I played Homecoming I was like "Cool it's PM!" but then I was like "What you doin in here?!"


Top
   
 

Gravedigger
 Post subject: Re: pyramid head or boogeyman? should he have been there?
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 09 Jun 2010
Notes left: 463
SPRINGS02 wrote:
I never thought the siren was more important than pyramid head because it doesn't effect the plot like pyramid head does. And nobody ever said they wanted pyramid head in another game(i know i don't) so i doubt they would like it if team silent did. Also pyramids heads cameo in homecoming felt kind of tacked on. Like they could of easily replaced it with anything else but they used pyramid head because he's popular. Really i doubt people not liking pyramids head appearance in homecoming has to do with a different team making the game, especially when homecoming is the lowest rated silent hill game.

You're missing my point entirely...

>(i know i don't)<
I wasn't aware you spoke for everybody else. Carry on...

As Aura posted earlier, before 4 came out, everybody thought Walter was talking about RPT, and had no problem with it. That kind of shows you they'd have no problem with them using it again.

Quote:
Really i doubt people not liking pyramids head appearance in homecoming has to do with a different team making the game, especially when homecoming is the lowest rated silent hill game.

Because of all the people complaining about RPT being used in the game, along with an abundance of other ridiculous gripes, like it's "american". I suggest you read a little further into what I'm saying.

_________________
funera.bandcamp.com


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject: Re: pyramid head or boogeyman? should he have been there?
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 01 Jun 2009
Notes left: 3517
Last seen at: i'm sick of these monkey fighting snakes on this monday to friday plane.
Quote:
>(i know i don't)<
I wasn't aware you spoke for everybody else. Carry on...


What are you talking about? I never said i spoke for anyone else i just said that i never heard anybody else say they wanted pyramid head in another game and im one of the people that wouldn't want him in another game, quit trying to change what i say .

Quote:
As Aura posted earlier, before 4 came out, everybody thought Walter was talking about RPT, and had no problem with it. That kind of shows you they'd have no problem with them using it again.


What do you mean everyone thought walter was talking about pyramid head? Could you explain that further? I mean if you're talking about him making a reference or mentioning pyramid head that's WAY different than pyramid head appearing once killing someone and leaving never to be seen again.

Quote:
Because of all the people complaining about RPT being used in the game, along with an abundance of other ridiculous gripes, like it's "american". I suggest you read a little further into what I'm saying.


That' s quite the generalization about people who don't like homecoming or pyramid head being in homecoming, and kind of a copout. There are plenty of people who disliked homecoming because they thought it was a bad game, doesn't matter what developer made it that's an excuse. If team silent made the same game people would still say it's crap(hell a lot of people thought silent hill 4 was crap and that was made by team silent). Yeah i've seen some of the people that say homecoming sucks because americans made it, and that is pretty stupid but i don't think it's fair to say most people who dislike homecoming or pyramid heads appearance in it are like that.

_________________
Image


Top
   
 

Gravedigger
 Post subject: Re: pyramid head or boogeyman? should he have been there?
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 09 Jun 2010
Notes left: 463
Quote:
What are you talking about? I never said i spoke for anyone else i just said that i never heard anybody else say they wanted pyramid head in another game and im one of the people that wouldn't want him in another game, quit trying to change what i say .

I'm hardly changing what you're saying, you said you don't think anybody would want PH in another game as if you spoke for everybody. I was merely holding a magnifying glass up to what you said...

Quote:
What do you mean everyone thought walter was talking about pyramid head? Could you explain that further? I mean if you're talking about him making a reference or mentioning pyramid head that's WAY different than pyramid head appearing once killing someone and leaving never to be seen again.

So, did you completely fucking ignore the newspaper article in 2 when you get one of the coins out of the trash or something? What Walter said about the "red devil" heavily implied that he TOO saw RPT, we aren't given any reason to think otherwise until 4 when it becomes apparently that he was referring to Jimmy Stone...

Quote:
That' s quite the generalization about people who don't like homecoming or pyramid head being in homecoming, and kind of a copout. There are plenty of people who disliked homecoming because they thought it was a bad game, doesn't matter what developer made it that's an excuse. If team silent made the same game people would still say it's crap(hell a lot of people thought silent hill 4 was crap and that was made by team silent). Yeah i've seen some of the people that say homecoming sucks because americans made it, and that is pretty stupid but i don't think it's fair to say most people who dislike homecoming or pyramid heads appearance in it are like that.

Oh come-fucking-on, that's the first thing whining TS fan boys jump on when referring to HC or the movie. It's hardly a generalization at all, I can link you to enough webpages of pissing and moaning about it to flood the grand canyon. Have you not seen that?

I can bet you about everything I have that if TS made the exact same game that it would be hailed as "a return to form for the series" or some dumb shit like that, you're in idiot if you don't think this double standard exists, sorry to say but it's true...

Once again, you completely missed my point in my original post, you must be so proud...

_________________
funera.bandcamp.com


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject: Re: pyramid head or boogeyman? should he have been there?
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 01 Jun 2009
Notes left: 3517
Last seen at: i'm sick of these monkey fighting snakes on this monday to friday plane.
Quote:
I'm hardly changing what you're saying, you said you don't think anybody would want PH in another game as if you spoke for everybody. I was merely holding a magnifying glass up to what you said...


Not so much holding a magnifying glass to what i say as misinterpreting it but hey whatever. To make things clear let me clarify this for you: I DON'T THINK I SPEAK FOR EVERYONE I JUST HAVEN'T SEEN A BUNCH OF SILENT HILL FANS BEGGING FOR PYRAMID HEAD TO BE IN ANOTHER GAME, THIS IN NO WAY IS SUPPOSED TO MEAN IM SPEAKING FOR EVERYONE, THIS IS JUST GOING OFF OF WHAT I'VE SEEN. FEEL MY CAPSLOCK FURY!. But seriously, we clear on this now?

Quote:
So, did you completely fucking ignore the newspaper article in 2 when you get one of the coins out of the trash or something? What Walter said about the "red devil" heavily implied that he TOO saw RPT, we aren't given any reason to think otherwise until 4 when it becomes apparently that he was referring to Jimmy Stone...


Sheesh i just asked, it's been a bit since i played through silent hill 4 so my memory was a little foggy is all. Anyway the referencing what could of been pryamid head and pyramid head ACTUALLY appearing for only a little bit to kill someone are two completely different things. The fact of the matter is, he wasn't talking about pyramid head and pyramid head never appeared in that game so you can't say how fans would react to that because it never happened. Your point is invalid because it's a "what if" thing.

Quote:
Oh come-fucking-on, that's the first thing whining TS fan boys jump on when referring to HC or the movie. It's hardly a generalization at all, I can link you to enough webpages of pissing and moaning about it to flood the grand canyon. Have you not seen that?

I can bet you about everything I have that if TS made the exact same game that it would be hailed as "a return to form for the series" or some dumb shit like that, you're in idiot if you don't think this double standard exists, sorry to say but it's true...

Once again, you completely missed my point in my original post, you must be so proud...


No doubt there are some fanboys for team silent that bitch about TS not making the game(everyone's seen it at some point), but i wouldn't say that's the main reason homecoming and the movie got hated on so much. They were both just not executed well, look at their scores on metacritic, i guess every reviewer is a team silent fanboy huh?

If team silent made the exact same game it would still be considered the worst silent hill game. Your double standard point about team silent is invalid considering that:

A. Team silent made silent hill 4 which received plenty of criticism from fans and is considered by a lot of people to be one of the worst silent hill games(this is coming from somebody that really likes that game too.) It also earned a lower critic and user score on metacritic than silent hill origins"(which wasn't made by team silent)

B. Shattered memories wasn't made by team silent and was critically acclaimed, earning a higher critic and user score on metacritc than silent hill 4, which again was made by team silent. And i've seen plenty of silent hill fans(just look on this forum for example) claim that it's their favorite or second favorite silent hill game.

So yeah, you're assumptions/generalizations can't really debate those facts and i wouldn't say anyone's an idiot because they think differently than you do on the issue.

Don't really see how i missed the point of your post, you were trying to talk about double standards for team silent vs other development teams and how team silent can get away with more right? Is there any reason you have to come across like an ass when trying to convey your points and make those little snide remarks though? I mean if you're upset or something that's cool i guess but there's no reason to be rude about it.

_________________
Image


Top
   
 

Gravedigger
 Post subject: Re: pyramid head or boogeyman? should he have been there?
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 09 Jun 2010
Notes left: 463
Quote:
Sheesh i just asked, it's been a bit since i played through silent hill 4 so my memory was a little foggy is all. Anyway the referencing what could of been pryamid head and pyramid head ACTUALLY appearing for only a little bit to kill someone are two completely different things. The fact of the matter is, he wasn't talking about pyramid head and pyramid head never appeared in that game so you can't say how fans would react to that because it never happened. Your point is invalid because it's a "what if" thing.

How in the hell is it invalid? Just because something else came along and changed a minor point doesn't mean people didn't assume that at the time and have no problem with it. It doesn't make the HEAVY implications any less heavy at the time, it's just they came along and decided to expand upon that. That's just like saying if someone died, they never existed in the first place. It's logical non-sense.

Quote:
No doubt there are some fanboys for team silent that bitch about TS not making the game(everyone's seen it at some point), but i wouldn't say that's the main reason homecoming and the movie got hated on so much. They were both just not executed well, look at their scores on metacritic, i guess every reviewer is a team silent fanboy huh?

I didn't realize it was really THAT objective. Thank you for enlightening me oh lord of objectivity, may your light shine so bright that all subjectivity may soon be eliminated and the open minded shall have their brains fall out of their heads... Also don't put words in my mouth kthnx

Quote:
If team silent made the exact same game it would still be considered the worst silent hill game. Your double standard point about team silent is invalid considering that:


A. Team silent made silent hill 4 which received plenty of criticism from fans and is considered by a lot of people to be one of the worst silent hill games(this is coming from somebody that really likes that game too.) It also earned a lower critic and user score on metacritic than silent hill origins"(which wasn't made by team silent)

B. Shattered memories wasn't made by team silent and was critically acclaimed, earning a higher critic and user score on metacritc than silent hill 4, which again was made by team silent. And i've seen plenty of silent hill fans(just look on this forum for example) claim that it's their favorite or second favorite silent hill game.

So yeah, you're assumptions/generalizations can't really debate those facts and i wouldn't say anyone's an idiot because they think differently than you do on the issue.

That doesn't mean shit actually, I still see more people complaining about SM than not. SM is personally one of my favorite games. But once again, do you honestly think it's as objective as that?
Quote:
Don't really see how i missed the point of your post, you were trying to talk about double standards for team silent vs other development teams and how team silent can get away with more right? Is there any reason you have to come across like an ass when trying to convey your points and make those little snide remarks though? I mean if you're upset or something that's cool i guess but there's no reason to be rude about it.

Awwww, what's wrong baby, did I not pepper my speech with enough lolololololXDDDDDDDD:DDDD :D :D :D :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :D :D :D :D :D 8) 8) 8) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: for you? Was my tone too harsh because I didn't use an overabundance of emoticons and be all sweet and friendly-like? Here, have one for the road- :roll:

How can I not get annoyed when I've stated CLEARLY my point 2 or 3 times already yet you disregard that and try and turn it into something else?

Honestly, all I've seen out of you was "this is objective, your point is invalid" and all manner of logical fallacies, along with once again failing completely to see my original point. If TS had chosen to put PH inn another game and not done 4 (turning the red devil into Jimmy Stone, rather than staying with the heavy implication of it being PH) nobody would have complained at all. People complained about them using the siren in Homecoming, yet not in 2, yet HC had more to do with the Alessa story than 2. If TS had made HC, nobody would have complained about them using the siren, or PH? How many more times do I have to say this, because the copy-pasta button is flirting with me.

_________________
funera.bandcamp.com


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject: Re: pyramid head or boogeyman? should he have been there?
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 01 Jun 2009
Notes left: 3517
Last seen at: i'm sick of these monkey fighting snakes on this monday to friday plane.
Quote:
How in the hell is it invalid? Just because something else came along and changed a minor point doesn't mean people didn't assume that at the time and have no problem with it. It doesn't make the HEAVY implications any less heavy at the time, it's just they came along and decided to expand upon that. That's just like saying if someone died, they never existed in the first place. It's logical non-sense.


Heavy implications and something ACTUALLY happening are two different things. You still can't say how fans would of reacted had he ACTUALLY appeared. For someone who complains about their point being missed you sure seem to miss what im saying here. . .

Quote:
I didn't realize it was really THAT objective. Thank you for enlightening me oh lord of objectivity, may your light shine so bright that all subjectivity may soon be eliminated and the open minded shall have their brains fall out of their heads... Also don't put words in my mouth kthnx


Blah blah blah, i still have more facts backing up my point then you do yours, all you've done is go on about "oh everybody loves team silent" and "if another team would of done this blaj blah" but when i actually show you FACTS to prove otherwise you whine an post sarcastic post. And i didn't put words in your mouth by the way.

Quote:
That doesn't mean shit actually, I still see more people complaining about SM than not. SM is personally one of my favorite games. But once again, do you honestly think it's as objective as that?



So what you've seen vs actual facts and review scores doesn't matter. Ok i guess that makes sense. This isn't about your personal opinion, i was using unbiased facts that you still can't refute.

[quoteAwwww, what's wrong baby, did I not pepper my speech with enough lolololololXDDDDDDDD:DDDD :D :D :D :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :D :D :D :D :D 8) 8) 8) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: for you? Was my tone too harsh because I didn't use an overabundance of emoticons and be all sweet and friendly-like? Here, have one for the road- :roll: ][/quote]

Grow up and quit being so asshurt. Letting your emotions spill over into your post so much makes me take you much less seriously. :lol:

Quote:
If TS had chosen to put PH inn another game and not done 4 (turning the red devil into Jimmy Stone, rather than staying with the heavy implication of it being PH) nobody would have complained at all.


Did you miss why i said some of what you said is invalid because it's a "what if" scenario? You have no way of proving your point. You just saying that nobody would of complained isn't enough.

Quote:
People complained about them using the siren in Homecoming, yet not in 2, yet HC had more to do with the Alessa story than 2. If TS had made HC, nobody would have complained about them using the siren, or PH? How many more times do I have to say this, because the copy-pasta button is flirting with me.


Ok but what about the siren in origins? People didn't complain about that and that game wasn't made by team silent. Do you get what im saying? The team that made the game isn't the main reason that people complained about those things. A lot of people just didn't like how they were implemented. And again you saying "if TS made HC" isn't a valid point because it's just a "what if" that you have no way of proving" I just showed you that a team other than team silent made a sh game and used the sirens but didn't receive complaints. Honestly i don't remember as many people complaining about the sirens in homecoming, i thought pyramid head was the main thing they complained about.

_________________
Image


Top
   
 

Gravedigger
 Post subject: Re: pyramid head or boogeyman? should he have been there?
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 09 Jun 2010
Notes left: 463
Quote:
Blah blah blah, i still have more facts backing up my point then you do yours, all you've done is go on about "oh everybody loves team silent" and "if another team would of done this blaj blah" but when i actually show you FACTS to prove otherwise you whine an post sarcastic post. And i didn't put words in your mouth by the way.

Once again, I didn't realize it was nearly that objective... 1 forum and a few reviews don't speak for the many out there.

Quote:
So what you've seen vs actual facts and review scores doesn't matter. Ok i guess that makes sense. This isn't about your personal opinion, i was using unbiased facts that you still can't refute.

Same as the above bucko...

Quote:
Grow up and quit being so asshurt. Letting your emotions spill over into your post so much makes me take you much less seriously

I really wouldn't flatter yourself by calling me "asshurt", especially when you got all freaked out by me being "an asshole".

Quote:
Ok but what about the siren in origins? People didn't complain about that and that game wasn't made by team silent.

Maybe because it's an origins story, hell it has that in the god damn name, and explains WHY the siren is there. "Your point is invalid"

_________________
funera.bandcamp.com


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject: Re: pyramid head or boogeyman? should he have been there?
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 01 Jun 2009
Notes left: 3517
Last seen at: i'm sick of these monkey fighting snakes on this monday to friday plane.
*sigh* This is getting stale.

Quote:
Once again, I didn't realize it was nearly that objective... 1 forum and a few reviews don't speak for the many out there.


And neither does you saying you see people cry about TS all the time. Actually metacritic averages reviews from about every gaming site so i'd say it's not a bad source. It's better than you just saying that you see all these people complaining. And this forum has a good amount of members. It's more objective than what you have said so far.

Quote:
I really wouldn't flatter yourself by calling me "asshurt", especially when you got all freaked out by me being "an asshole".


Misquoted me, i never said you were being an asshole i said you were coming across like an ass, nice try though. However:

Quote:
Awwww, what's wrong baby, did I not pepper my speech with enough lolololololXDDDDDDDD:DDDD :D :D :D :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :D :D :D :D :D 8) 8) 8) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: for you? Was my tone too harsh because I didn't use an overabundance of emoticons and be all sweet and friendly-like? Here, have one for the road- :roll:


Quote:
Once again, you completely missed my point in my original post, you must be so proud...


Quote:
you're in idiot if you don't think this double standard exists, sorry to say but it's true...


Quote:
Thank you for enlightening me oh lord of objectivity, may your light shine so bright that all subjectivity may soon be eliminated and the open minded shall have their brains fall out of their heads... Also don't put words in my mouth kthnx


Sounds like things an asshurt person would say, just sayin. Plus you already said you were annoyed. I merely noted that you were coming across like an ass i didn't freak out, i just made an observation, told you how it's hard to take you as serious when you post like that, and added a little smile to be ironic. Between our back and forth two post which one of us sounds like a person trying to make an argument and which sounds like a kid throwing a temper tantrum because somebody doesn't agree with them(hint it's not me). Sorry maybe you're not upset but you come across as pissed off to me.

Quote:
Maybe because it's an origins story, hell it has that in the god damn name, and explains WHY the siren is there. "Your point is invalid"


But if TS fans are as bitchy as you say it shouldn't matter. All that matters to a lot of fans is which team made the game according to you. If another team uses it fans would consider it ripping off. Remember?

Quote:
Along with the fact that if another team had done it,(The siren) they would automatically be "ripping off (whatever)". And it's happened too... It's hypocrisy at it's finest...

_________________
Image


Top
   
 

Gravedigger
 Post subject: Re: pyramid head or boogeyman? should he have been there?
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 09 Jun 2010
Notes left: 463
SPRINGS02 wrote:
*sigh* This is getting stale.

Quote:
Once again, I didn't realize it was nearly that objective... 1 forum and a few reviews don't speak for the many out there.


And neither does you saying you see people cry about TS all the time. Actually metacritic averages reviews from about every gaming site so i'd say it's not a bad source. It's better than you just saying that you see all these people complaining. And this forum has a good amount of members. It's more objective than what you have said so far.

Quote:
I really wouldn't flatter yourself by calling me "asshurt", especially when you got all freaked out by me being "an asshole".


Misquoted me, i never said you were being an asshole i said you were coming across like an ass, nice try though. However:

Quote:
Awwww, what's wrong baby, did I not pepper my speech with enough lolololololXDDDDDDDD:DDDD :D :D :D :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :D :D :D :D :D 8) 8) 8) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: for you? Was my tone too harsh because I didn't use an overabundance of emoticons and be all sweet and friendly-like? Here, have one for the road- :roll:


Quote:
Once again, you completely missed my point in my original post, you must be so proud...


Quote:
you're in idiot if you don't think this double standard exists, sorry to say but it's true...


Quote:
Thank you for enlightening me oh lord of objectivity, may your light shine so bright that all subjectivity may soon be eliminated and the open minded shall have their brains fall out of their heads... Also don't put words in my mouth kthnx


Sounds like things an asshurt person would say, just sayin. Plus you already said you were annoyed. I merely noted that you were coming across like an ass i didn't freak out, i just made an observation, told you how it's hard to take you as serious when you post like that, and added a little smile to be ironic. Between our back and forth two post which one of us sounds like a person trying to make an argument and which sounds like a kid throwing a temper tantrum because somebody doesn't agree with them(hint it's not me). Sorry maybe you're not upset but you come across as pissed off to me.

Quote:
Maybe because it's an origins story, hell it has that in the god damn name, and explains WHY the siren is there. "Your point is invalid"


But if TS fans are as bitchy as you say it shouldn't matter. All that matters to a lot of fans is which team made the game according to you. If another team uses it fans would consider it ripping off. Remember?

Quote:
Along with the fact that if another team had done it,(The siren) they would automatically be "ripping off (whatever)". And it's happened too... It's hypocrisy at it's finest...

Just because a bunch of game reviewers say it doesn't make it fact, I just wish I could get it through your skull, and it's flimsy evidence for your so called "argument".

Once again, I really wouldn't flatter yourself by calling me asshurt.

But this is going nowhere, I'm done. Don't think you've won this though, If you want to live in your perfect little fantasy world where double standards don't exist in this series fan that's your prerogative.

_________________
funera.bandcamp.com


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject: Re: pyramid head or boogeyman? should he have been there?
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 01 Jun 2009
Notes left: 3517
Last seen at: i'm sick of these monkey fighting snakes on this monday to friday plane.
Quote:
Just because a bunch of game reviewers say it doesn't make it fact, I just wish I could get it through your skull, and it's flimsy evidence for your so called "argument".


I guess you didn't see that the user reviews from matched? Those are from normal gamers not critics.

Quote:
But this is going nowhere, I'm done. Don't think you've won this though, If you want to live in your perfect little fantasy world where double standards don't exist in this series fan that's your prerogative.


I never said double standards don't exist for the series, i just meant that double standards aren't the main reason everyone complained about PH and the siren in homecoming, especially since they didn't complain about the siren in origins. But i agree we aren't really going anywhere with this.

_________________
Image


Top
   
 

Gravedigger
 Post subject: Re: pyramid head or boogeyman? should he have been there?
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 09 Jun 2010
Notes left: 463
SPRINGS02 wrote:
Quote:
Just because a bunch of game reviewers say it doesn't make it fact, I just wish I could get it through your skull, and it's flimsy evidence for your so called "argument".


I guess you didn't see that the user reviews from matched? Those are from normal gamers not critics.

Quote:
But this is going nowhere, I'm done. Don't think you've won this though, If you want to live in your perfect little fantasy world where double standards don't exist in this series fan that's your prerogative.


I never said double standards don't exist for the series, i just meant that double standards aren't the main reason everyone complained about PH and the siren in homecoming, especially since they didn't complain about the siren in origins. But i agree we aren't really going anywhere with this.


Ok, I'll say it once again- The siren had more to do with the story of the cult and what not. Origins actually explains why the siren is there in the first place. Get it? They'd have no reason to complain.

The siren had very little to do with the story in 2, same with the way people think RPT has little to do with the story in HC. Yet people tend to complain about RPT because "the american developers feel the need to just stick him in" (their words, not mine). It seems that the siren in 2 was just stuck in for no reason as well other than just being creepy.

Please tell me you get what I'm saying by now? It's become nauseating...

_________________
funera.bandcamp.com


Top
   
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 358 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Usedaforce and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: