kauffman, dahlia, alessa SPOILERS

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

SHF
Historical Society Historian

kauffman, dahlia, alessa SPOILERS

Post by SHF »

I can't remember if Kauffman, Dahlia and Alessa die in this game.
If they did, can you guys tell me how too?
I'm asking because I'm trying to figure out something.
Thank You-
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
alone in the town

Re: kauffman, dahlia, alessa SPOILERS

Post by alone in the town »

Yes, yes, and yes.

Karma, lightning, and childbirth.
SHF

Post by SHF »

So Lisa ( or whatever she is) drags Kauffman under the floor and therefore he is officially dead.
How does Dahlia die from lighnting?
alone in the town

God goes CRACKLE KABOOM and Dahlia goes LOL *_*.
Kenji

Post by Kenji »

The way Harry dies in Hard Mode tells me how much that lightning hurts. :?
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

Not trying to sound like a dick but you could just search the ending on Youtube, man.
Aerith Gainsborough

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

^Yeah, or simply search the ending(s) on Google and read what happens.
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
SHF

Post by SHF »

http://www.silenthillheaven.com/Site/SH1/endings.php

This link says that Kauffman CAN survive though. It is an inconsistency.
Though Dahlia dies no matter what ending, which means that she actually dies.

So it's unknown whether Kauffman is dead or alive, as he hasn't appeared yet in any other later games.
And Cybil? In Silent Hill Homecoming it's mentioned that she disappeared, which preludes to her really dying in the first game in theory.

Alessa, it's tricky.
It seems that she dies, but is then reincarnated with the infant she hands to Harry.
alone in the town

The link contains misinformation. In either variation of the Good ending, he gets pulled down by Lisa into a place where probably nothing good ever happens. Or, it may just mean that he survives being attacked in Annie's Bar (and implying that he doesn't if you don't rescue him), which is technically true.

Either way, Kaufman does not make it out alive.

Neither does Cybil. ;D
VenusDoom
Hope House Careworker

Post by VenusDoom »

Kauffman lives through the + endings and the ufo ending. In the + endings he's never there, so in theory, he can't die,
Cry baby, cry baby, cry,<3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_DW9xJTX-4
I love the Silent Hill Series. The games: Homecoming, Origins, and Shattered Memories, did nothing wrong whatsoever, they were developed well, and did things different. Just because they were not by Team Silent doesn't mean that they're bad games. I believe in this series. I believe that one day, we can have a game that will make all Silent Hill fans Happy. I believe that Silent Hill Downpour can achieve this.
Team Silent may be gone, but their series isn't. Instead... it's here, it's alive.

If you agree, add it to your sig.
SHF

Post by SHF »

^
Right. Since there is no consistency of what happens to him, we don't really know whether he survives or not.

We know that Dahlia dies, because her death is consistent in all the endings
VenusDoom
Hope House Careworker

Post by VenusDoom »

^ Good + or good can be viewed as the cannon ending. Good is ussualy viewed as it, but Good+ can be argued aswell,
Cry baby, cry baby, cry,<3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_DW9xJTX-4
I love the Silent Hill Series. The games: Homecoming, Origins, and Shattered Memories, did nothing wrong whatsoever, they were developed well, and did things different. Just because they were not by Team Silent doesn't mean that they're bad games. I believe in this series. I believe that one day, we can have a game that will make all Silent Hill fans Happy. I believe that Silent Hill Downpour can achieve this.
Team Silent may be gone, but their series isn't. Instead... it's here, it's alive.

If you agree, add it to your sig.
alone in the town

VenusDoom wrote:Kauffman lives through the + endings and the ufo ending. In the + endings he's never there, so in theory, he can't die,
He doesn't appear in either Bad ending and definitely does not survive either the Good or Good+ endings. His end in both is identical. The obvious implication of his absence in the Bad endings is that he dies, as Harry does not rescue him from attack. The attack still happens--hearing the struggle from outside is the auditory prompt for you to get in there and do something about it.
^ Good + or good can be viewed as the cannon ending. Good is ussualy viewed as it, but Good+ can be argued aswell,
No, it can't.
Aerith Gainsborough

Kauffman is definitely dead, as is Dahlia. The Good+ or the Good Ending are the only endings that I think could be canon, considering that Harry DOES receive a baby Harry DOES live, and that baby DOES appear in Silent Hill 3, as Heather (Cheryl) Mason. In the other endings, either one of those factors is missing, whether it be Harry dying, or Harry not receiving a baby, or it just plain being a joke ending. We never know for sure if Cybil lives or dies, as she is mentioned only once again by Wheeler in Homecoming, but only says that she disappeared in Silent Hill. That doesn't necessarily mean that she died, though. This means that either of those endings could be canon. So, that being said, since those are the two endings are the only possible endings that could be canon and Kauffman dies in both, Kauffman=Dead (Atleast that's what I think).
alone in the town

Wheeler was working with the Brahms PD when Cybil was a member, and according to him, she disappeared after going to Silent Hill. The only clue they had was her bike, found where she'd crashed it. So, if Cybil made it out alive, this requires some explanation as to why she never even returned to her station. Since Harry did not go into hiding for years afterwards (this only happens after the cult member attacks him), the idea that she went into hiding immediately simply doesn't make sense when she would hardly even rate as one of their targets.

She's as dead as Kaufman and Dahlia. The series has done everything but show the corpse by this point.
R08813
Just Passing Through

Post by R08813 »

Assuming the Good Ending is canon and (1) for some strange reason Hiroyuki Owaku wants us to imagine what happened to Cybil after she died; OR (2) you support my latest theory, inspired by Burning Man, about how Hiroyuki Owaku's comment only applies to the Good+ Ending, then yes I guess it is correct to say that Cybil died in Silent Hill 1.
alone in the town

I assume that if one takes Owaku's statement in 2003 to mean that her outcome was ambiguous, Homecoming in 2007 resolved that ambiguity rather decisively.

Welcome to the board, person I definitely did not have this argument with once already this week.
Aerith Gainsborough

alone in the town wrote:Wheeler was working with the Brahms PD when Cybil was a member, and according to him, she disappeared after going to Silent Hill. The only clue they had was her bike, found where she'd crashed it. So, if Cybil made it out alive, this requires some explanation as to why she never even returned to her station. Since Harry did not go into hiding for years afterwards (this only happens after the cult member attacks him), the idea that she went into hiding immediately simply doesn't make sense when she would hardly even rate as one of their targets.

She's as dead as Kaufman and Dahlia. The series has done everything but show the corpse by this point.
I agree, honestly, I just didn't state my opinion. Not knowing anything else about her, I do not think she made it out alive, but then again, maybe she was keeping a low profile after the events of Silent Hill, maybe for the same reasons that Harry and Cheryl (Heather) did. I'm sure if they couldn't find Harry, they would have sought out Cybil and interrogate her to find out where Heather is.
alone in the town

Aerith Gainsborough wrote:I agree, honestly, I just didn't state my opinion. Not knowing anything else about her, I do not think she made it out alive, but then again, maybe she was keeping a low profile after the events of Silent Hill, maybe for the same reasons that Harry and Cheryl (Heather) did. I'm sure if they couldn't find Harry, they would have sought out Cybil and interrogate her to find out where Heather is.
I could accept the idea that she kept a low profile, but not that she would immediately vanish to the extent that not even her employers had any idea what happened to her. It took Harry years to even take the mild step of resorting to an alias, and he would have much more reason to be careful than Cybil. And, it would make sense that Harry would wait so long. Why would he even assume, right off the bat, that anyone in their organization would even know about the events going on, when the only associates from it he meets die right in front of him?

In light of all that, the only explanation for Cybil's disappearance is that she went into immediate and total deep cover, which simply defies logic (though, of course, assuming she made it far enough to consider the option defies logic even more, so).
Aerith Gainsborough

^Yeah, that's true. I thought perhaps that maybe, since she's a cop, she may have assumed that, considering how wacko the Order is, that something like that could arise, since they were so determined for all of this to happen. I kind of wonder if maybe Cybil knew all the facts about what was going on, or was simply totally unaware of the whole picture. It'd be interesting if she had lived, though.