question about Lisa Garland's drug use

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

The Priest
Just Passing Through

question about Lisa Garland's drug use

Post by The Priest »

remember that scene when Harry awakens in the Otherworld hospital and Lisa is behind him looking waaaay creepy with her eye twitching--is she on PTV in that scene, do you think, or is she off of PTV, which is to say, is she in dire need of a fix? to me it looks like she might be a junky-gone-dry. if she is on the drug, this is an interesting look at the effect it has on people.
I'll be by the Lakeside Amusement Park at night. In the early morning, around sunrise, I'll be in Midwich Elementary.
Roux
Just Passing Through

Re: question about Lisa Garland's drug use

Post by Roux »

I always thought she was acting that way because of her crumbling psyche. The more Lisa tries to hold on to Harry, the further apart he drifts, the more Alyssa's fabrication begins to fall apart and Lisa becomes aware of what she really is.

I wasn't under the impression she was ever on drugs whilst in Harry's presense.
The Priest
Just Passing Through

Post by The Priest »

^yeah i'm not sure either. i mean, she is obviously coming apart at the seams, and figuring out that she is practically the same as the other 'dead' nurses doesn't help. but then, even if an addict is going crazy from a circumstance not related to drug-use, not being able to support her addiction must have an effect on her. i think her mental state must have been exacerbated by not being able to get her hands on a fix...with addiction out of the picture, she may have held it together a little longer.
I'll be by the Lakeside Amusement Park at night. In the early morning, around sunrise, I'll be in Midwich Elementary.
alone in the town
Historical Society Historian

Post by alone in the town »

She's wigging out because the Flauros has undone the Seals of Metatron, and that's what has held Lisa together and in human function.

That's my favorite theory, anyway.
The Priest
Just Passing Through

Post by The Priest »

that damn Flauros. such a dubious machine.
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

You mean demon, eh? ;)
The Priest
Just Passing Through

Post by The Priest »

A demon that looks and acts like a machine, then. :wink:
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

An artifact that contains Alessa's mental image of a demon, to be precise.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
The Priest
Just Passing Through

Post by The Priest »

well, to be fair, there is the Flauros from the Ars Goetia, in which it is a great duke of hell. this is where the developers got the idea and what i was kind of poking fun at. the o.g. Flauros certainly did not resemble a triangular object composed of smaller triangles, lol.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

I'm suggesting that the demon as it appeared in the series was a construct like the monster. The Flauros artifact is a cage that binds the namesake demon; itself taken from mythology because Flauros is a caged demon.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
The Priest
Just Passing Through

Post by The Priest »

It's settled!
Haoie
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Haoie »

This topic can really only be answered by a crackhead who also happens to enjoy this game.
If each mistake being made is a new one, then progress is being made.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

What is that supposed to mean?
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

Guy tried to pull out a joke. . . Relax.
VenusDoom
Hope House Careworker

Post by VenusDoom »

^ This. Any former-drug user can tell you whats similar and different to Lisa's side effects.
Cry baby, cry baby, cry,<3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_DW9xJTX-4
I love the Silent Hill Series. The games: Homecoming, Origins, and Shattered Memories, did nothing wrong whatsoever, they were developed well, and did things different. Just because they were not by Team Silent doesn't mean that they're bad games. I believe in this series. I believe that one day, we can have a game that will make all Silent Hill fans Happy. I believe that Silent Hill Downpour can achieve this.
Team Silent may be gone, but their series isn't. Instead... it's here, it's alive.

If you agree, add it to your sig.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Mephisto wrote:Guy tried to pull out a joke. . . Relax.
I literally didn't understand what that sentence meant. Sorry if I seemed agitated.
Edea
Just Passing Through

Post by Edea »

I see Lisa as a ghost, which has nothing to do with the Seal of Metatron. But has to do with the Manifestation of Delusion memo which mentioned "poltergeists are among these".

That is to say, I'm not saying Kaufman murdered her. But I think drugs undoubtedly played a big part in her death; I've come up with the hypothesis she may have OD'd. Specifically, she could have tried to make amends with Kaufman and got drugs before she died. Either way, I'm under the impression she was "knocked unconscious" given what she told Harry and how she was confused--didn't remember anything. (Also, note that Kaufman said he was napping, Cybil is likely knocked out after the bike incident, and Harry is in his jeep unconscious. Lisa reports something similar. Dahlia is the only person whose situation before the event is unknown.) These two scenarios are likely to me; 1. the drugs knocked out before she died which is typical in OD's 2. She was knocked over the head with a blunt object before death if you're going by the murder theory. Either way, the blood seeps from her head, during the scene.

The laughing part in the opening cinema is the only confirmed part that Lisa is high. So the eye twitching could be her being desperate, but there's no sign she actually is desperate for anything except Harry. She doesn't even act that strangely, as Heather reported.
Image"Lowlifes... Shameless filthy wretches. How you celebrate my ascension with such joy. Hailing the very one you've condemned for generations. Have you no shame? What happened to the evil, ruthless sorceress from your fantasies? The cold-blooded tyrant that slaughtered countless men and destroyed many nations? Where is she now?"
asphodel13
Just Passing Through

Post by asphodel13 »

oooooo.. i like that theory....i always wondered why her head started bleeding, and she seems to really dislike kaufman, as seen in both the opening movie where he grabs at her arm and she turns around and screams at him, and at the end where she drags him back fom the light preventing his escape.(although that could just as easily be her being controlled or influenced by something else, shes' not exactly herself anymore) Though i always felt it was personal, since at this point the demon(god) is dead and allessa is dying, and busy helping Harry and/or Cybil escape.
SHF

Post by SHF »

If she appears high, it is because that is the way Alessa remembers her when she was taking care of her.
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

That's simply not true.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.