Hydra666
My Bestsellers Clerk

[Seriously] I think I know the final twist

Post by Hydra666 »

PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Murphy killed his children and possibly his wife
Here are the proofs
1- We all know Murphy is in prison principally for murder along possibly other things. We know it since the second trailer where the guy says "murder is a mortal sin, you go to hell for murder"

2- The code on Murphy's prison outfit is the one assigned to child murderers (we discussed this last year)

3- We've seen children many times in the trailer, a boy and a girl. They must be to Murphy what Josh was to Alex.

4- In the TGS2011 trailer, for a brief moment, we could see something killing (choking maybe...) a kid. I think it was Murphy's punisher, who represented his murder.

5- In the TGS2011 trailer we've seen blood in what seemed to be a kitchen... Murphy's house?

6- In the TGS2011 trailer, we"ve heard the boy shouting "shut the hell up!" to Murphy. Maybe it was a sign of the bad relation Murphy had with his kid
So that's pretty much it, I'm sure this is the main twist, they've shown us too much elements.
Axel_98
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Re: [Seriously] I think I know the final twist

Post by Axel_98 »

Whelp. No need to play this game then
~The Bird of Hermes is My Name; Eating My Wings to Make Me Tame~
Typographenia
Historical Society Historian

Post by Typographenia »

I won't be reading this until after playing the games, but I look forward with great anticipation to seeing if you're truly right.
VIVIsect

Post by VIVIsect »

My theory?
Murphy killed a kid on a bike while driving drunk on a rainy day.
nobody is anybody
FrankRD
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by FrankRD »

So it's gonna be like SH2 again?
Soulless-Shadow
Subway Guard

Post by Soulless-Shadow »

I haven't read Hydra's proof, only his conclusion, and I'm hoping he's wrong. Personally I think...
...that it's too similar to both SH2 and Homecoming. Such twists are beginning to become over-used and cliché in the SH universe.
That, and I hope the story will keep the player guessing right up to the very end. I'm sure no-one, or very few, expected the twists at the end of SH2 and SM. I'm hoping for a well written and well presented story that isn't easily guessed, especially before the game is even out. :shock:
stopped_clock
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by stopped_clock »

^I called SM with the first trailer, didn't see sh2 coming until it hit me in the face. I really hope Waltz was smart enough not to go with the twist suggested by the op, because unless it's pulled off in an absolutely incredible way the fan backlash from a stupid move like that will be immense.
Too cold to start a fire
I'm burning diesel, burning dinosaur bones
I'll take the river down to still water
And ride a pack of dogs
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

I hope that's not the case. It would be interesting if Murphy was dead and everything from the game was a memory, a nightmare/dream or something .
CeetjeBeetje
Just Passing Through

Post by CeetjeBeetje »

I think Hydra could be right on this one. I really hope that he isn't though, would be lame.
Dude being in prison for murder, kids in his Silent Hill version. Seems indeed kinda obvious. We'll see..
'Ahh!'
'Shouldn't you be at work?'
'Yes sir, Mr. Burns.'
'Well then. Go back to work, wherever it is you work, whoever you are.'
bluemug7
Just Passing Through

Post by bluemug7 »

About point 6, I think it's actually Anne Cunningham (the corrections officer) who shouts "shut the hell up", not a kid.

I really hope you're wrong about that one. I'd like a well-written story that surprises me, not one with an over-used and cliché twist that can be predicted from the game's trailers.
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

I will go against the original poster's prediction in my belief that this will not turn out to be a Silent Hill 2 clone-in-concept.

In fact, I am willing to bet there won't be a 'twist', in the hope that the writers understand that there are other ways to build up to a conclusion.
VIVIsect

Post by VIVIsect »

^ I sincerely hope you're right. Especially after the developers made such a fuss over wanting people to judge this game on its own merits and to not compare it to Silent Hill 2.

If they do end up just ripping off the Silent Hill 2, I think it'll be pretty funny/inexcusable.
nobody is anybody
TomWaltz
Just Passing Through

Post by TomWaltz »

Nope. Keep guessing. :)
Tom Waltz
Senior Staff Writer / Editor
IDW Publishing
http://www.idwpublishing.com
Hydra666
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Hydra666 »

Thanks Tom, I'm happy I was wrong. It would have sucked to know the final twist before playing the game.
Tabris
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Tabris »

Hahahaha oh wow script writer ftw.

Revenge was mentioned in the new trailer. Can't honestly remember if it was mentioned at all before.

Which would be a fantastic plot device in the series. It's a good way to play the light/dark of the main character. I'm sure he did something really terrible. Maybe someone killed his kid and/or wife so he found them and did some messed up things out of rage/revenge. You could feel sorry for him, understand where he's coming from and still be like "Murphy, settle down, you're kinda fucked up".

Sure as shit not saying any of this is true and it's hardly an overly educated theory. Just a minor guess.

Tom is pretty clever with his writing in Silent Hill and instead of a comic series that always gets cut down in issue size, he has a whole game to have a field day with. Even if the game itself is somehow balls, at least the story will make it worthwhile.
Arsonist
Hope House Careworker

Post by Arsonist »

My guess?
The kid Murphy is seeing is Murphy, his mom and possibly his sister were killed, probably with a hammer.

"Momma, look at me momma."

He took revenge on the murderer, or a person who he thought was the murderer so he ended up in jail.

"Revenge is a long, treacherous road, mister Pendelton, where do you suppose it ends?"

Not sure why Anne seems so hellbent on catching him, though. She seems like a total determinator form what I've seen in the trailers. I'm pretty sure she's the one screaming at Murphy to shut up, not the kid.
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

^And here's mine:
Murphy is a robot, but doesn't know it. He was created by Robot Dahlia sometime before SH1, but not activated and implanted with memories until sometime later by Howard Blackwood. Placing him in the prison and bringing him back to Silent Hill is part of Howard and nun woman's quest to prove that Rick Deckard is in fact a replicant.
FrankRD
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by FrankRD »

Thanks for clearing that up, Tom Waltz. I was getting worried for a second, phew!
Aerith Gainsborough

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

I actually liked Hydra's theory. This actually leaves me disappointed.
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
FrankRD
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by FrankRD »

I actually liked Hydra's theory. This actually leaves me disappointed.
I agree to some extent. However on a story-telling point of view I think it would be too predictable since we've already been through this in Homecoming and SH2. Plus, we'd also have to consider the amount of unwarranted(or maybe warranted?) backlash they'd get.

That said, I like Arsonist's theory too, and it seems pretty possible.