"New" horrible trailer, with ridicolous boss

Murphy's been a bad boy ...

Moderator: Moderators

Typographenia
Historical Society Historian

Re: "New" horrible trailer, with ridicolous boss

Post by Typographenia »

Falconv1.0 wrote:It's literally the stupidest thing I think I've seen any Silent Hill team do ever, I really don't know how people manage to stay so positive when the devs have proven they're insane enough to actually model, texture, animate, and give a fucking voice to that thing. I'm not trolling, seriously, that shit really hurt my hopes for this game.
I don't know... This might still be the "stupidest" thing in any SH game for me.
At least, in regards to enemies.
Monster
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Monster »

THE stupidest enemy in ANY Silent Hill game is the final boss in 0rigins. It's like they just grabbed a demon from Soul Reaver 2 and dropped it into Silent Hill.
"Star Wars is like the thing that isn't remotely cool anymore but that nobody will stop talking about of my generation" -Me.
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

I still think the squeaking ghost babies from SH1 were pretty stupid, but that's just me.
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

Stupidest Silent Hill enemies are the creatures from Shattered Memories... They can't even kill you... The SH4 burping patients are silly but deadly if you low your guard... The Larval Stalkers from SH1 aren't enemies
Apocali
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Apocali »

The Rawshocks do kill you, they smother you to death. SM is just the type of game where there's no game over screen and you're just placed back at the nearest checkpoint.
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

Rawshocks don't kill you... They don't even attack you!!! They just... hug you and climb over you like drunk friends use to do...
Number 7
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Number 7 »

Well, they can't kill you because....um...well if you've beaten the game then you know why.
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Harry be dead already.
"He's underground now. His new name is Number Seven."
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

You're all wrong. The stupidest enemy in all of Silent Hill is the Smog, AKA "We're way too fucking uncreative to not rip the shit off of SH2."
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Soulless-Shadow
Subway Guard

Post by Soulless-Shadow »

Falconv1.0 wrote:I'm not trolling, seriously, that shit really hurt my hopes for this game.
You're reaction is perfectly understandable. It is a pretty stupid looking whatever-it-is. Apparently it's on old trailer though, so there might be hope yet.
Typographenia wrote:
Falconv1.0 wrote:It's literally the stupidest thing I think I've seen any Silent Hill team do ever, I really don't know how people manage to stay so positive when the devs have proven they're insane enough to actually model, texture, animate, and give a fucking voice to that thing. I'm not trolling, seriously, that shit really hurt my hopes for this game.
I don't know... This might still be the "stupidest" thing in any SH game for me.
At least, in regards to enemies.
That's not the most ridiculous thing - it's the funniest. :lol: I want that as my ring tone. ^_^ *burp, burp, burp*
stitchedlamb
Just Passing Through

Post by stitchedlamb »

AuraTwilight wrote:You're all wrong. The stupidest enemy in all of Silent Hill is the Smog, AKA "We're way too fucking uncreative to not rip the shit off of SH2."
I don't know, I think taking a Closer and shoving a ballerina into its back takes the cake when it comes to stupid and uncreative.
Apocali
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Apocali »

AuraTwilight wrote:You're all wrong. The stupidest enemy in all of Silent Hill is the Smog, AKA "We're way too fucking uncreative to not rip the shit off of SH2."
Not the pipe-wielding cultists? At least the Smogs didn't completely break the atmosphere. The Cultist enemies are probably the lowest point in the series in my opinion.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Oh right. I forgot about the stupid ass cultists.

It must have been a....SHATTERED MEMORY.

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Skele
Subway Guard

Post by Skele »

Eh i agree with Typographenia, the Burping nurses (or whatever they were) are the worst for me.
Monster
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Monster »

^but that's only a sound effect, if they didn't burp they wouldn't be anywhere near the worst at least design-wise. Like, I dunno, the boss from in 0rigins. It pissed me off because they had a few decent monster designs in that game, like the Mom and Dad bosses for example.
"Star Wars is like the thing that isn't remotely cool anymore but that nobody will stop talking about of my generation" -Me.
Skele
Subway Guard

Post by Skele »

^ OH ok, i kinda skimmed. well design wise, i always kinda hated those monkey monsters in SH4. they just looked stupid and out of place to me.
Typographenia

Post by Typographenia »

Monster wrote:^but that's only a sound effect, if they didn't burp they wouldn't be anywhere near the worst at least design-wise.
But they do burp, and that's part of their design. Regardless of how scary they might have been before that, they're rendered completely comedic from the first time you hear that. It's impossible for me to ever take those enemies serious now, and I look forward to seeing them, rather than dread their mangled, tall physiques.
Falconv1.0
Gravedigger

Post by Falconv1.0 »

Even better when they fall down the stairs and you're like "mother of God".
Your weaboo is showing
ww_andi
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by ww_andi »

so when team silent reuses a monster it is okay buy when a new developer uses a similar design it is uncreative and unoriginal.

also the smog is different enough that i think it is its own thing just because it has no arms doesn't make it the lying figure
Falconv1.0
Gravedigger

Post by Falconv1.0 »

ww_andi wrote:so when team silent reuses a monster it is okay buy when a new developer uses a similar design it is uncreative and unoriginal.
Who the fuck made that argument.

I will say though, how the fuck is the Smog, who at least has some symbolism going on with it and isn't the cheesiest shit ever worse than a giant face going ENJOY THE RIDE MURPHY? Really, that kills the mood less than the smog which is at least kind creepy? I don't buy it. Maybe the burping patient things but the smog is nowhere near on that level of stupid.
Your weaboo is showing
ww_andi
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by ww_andi »

i was referring to aura and his statement about smog