Is there a translation to Silent Hill 3 Offical novel?

Heather finds out why it's true that you shouldn't talk to strangers. Or look in mirrors, quite honestly.

Moderator: Moderators

peronmls
Brookhaven Receptionist

Is there a translation to Silent Hill 3 Offical novel?

Post by peronmls »

Is there a translation to Silent Hill 3 Offical Novel? I have been wanting to read this for quite a long time and i can't find any translation to it. Is there one somewhere online?
VenusDoom
Hope House Careworker

Re: Is there a translation to Silent Hill 3 Offical novel?

Post by VenusDoom »

There's one of Silent Hill 2's novel, I'm not sure if there's one for SH3's novel though, I think there might be. Check around some of the SH Fansites.
Cry baby, cry baby, cry,<3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_DW9xJTX-4
I love the Silent Hill Series. The games: Homecoming, Origins, and Shattered Memories, did nothing wrong whatsoever, they were developed well, and did things different. Just because they were not by Team Silent doesn't mean that they're bad games. I believe in this series. I believe that one day, we can have a game that will make all Silent Hill fans Happy. I believe that Silent Hill Downpour can achieve this.
Team Silent may be gone, but their series isn't. Instead... it's here, it's alive.

If you agree, add it to your sig.
SHF
Historical Society Historian

Post by SHF »

^

It's not fully translated, and neither is the Silent Hill 2 novel yet
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
peronmls
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by peronmls »

SHF wrote:^

It's not fully translated, and neither is the Silent Hill 2 novel yet
Wheres the one that's not fully translated?
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

I don't believe a translation of the SILENT HILL 3 novel exists yet.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Droo

Post by Droo »

Does it matter? It's not like SH3 had a plot...
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
Kenji

Post by Kenji »

Sure, it did!

It was SH1's plot.
Droo

Post by Droo »

No. SH1's plot was nuanced and mysterious. SH3's is trite and shallow.
Lives in the mirror"
peronmls
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by peronmls »

Droo wrote:Does it matter? It's not like SH3 had a plot...
It matters to me? Best of the series to me and it did have a plot. Better than the second and forth in my opinion. I'm guessing you are a big fan of 2 am I right? Silent Hill 3 is about Heather who finds out her true self and about the history of her and Silent Hill and why thing happen to people who enter Silent Hill. (Alessa)
I would like to read it because it could have more detail about Silent Hill.
BIG STORY! You know why? Because it's about "Silent Hill" Hence the title "Silent Hill"

I find it more interesting than 2 just about some guy looking for his dead wife and just meeting crazy people that have nothing to do with him at all.

So it does "matter" and it does have a plot. =)
Kenji

Post by Kenji »

Droo wrote:No. SH1's plot was nuanced and mysterious. SH3's is trite and shallow.
I think that's more SH1's execution. Mostly by virtue of not having the mid-game exposition scene. :wink:
Droo

Post by Droo »

The whole Heather is Alessa plot would have been more interesting if the game hadn't been so blatantly obvious about it from the get go, even going so far as to basically spoil the connection in the trailers. :P
Lives in the mirror"
Kenji

Post by Kenji »

On a more serious note, peronmis, I understand the official novels to be disappointingly substandard schlock.

I've only heard this second-hand, but here's what I've heard. I'll put spoiler tags, just in case, but you've played these games...
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
In SH1, Harry uses video game logic to cure Cybil's case of the zombie nurse (that'll either strike you as fourth-wall-breaking clever, or immensely stupid). In SH2, Angela's backstory includes being raped by her whole town (I wish I was exaggerating). In SH3, Vincent's backstory includes, to paraphrase alone in the town, winning Stock Market on Hard Mode and then retiring to lead the cult.
You might be better off forgetting the novels exist, so they don't taint the games' artistic reputations.
peronmls
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by peronmls »

Droo wrote:The whole Heather is Alessa plot would have been more interesting if the game hadn't been so blatantly obvious about it from the get go, even going so far as to basically spoil the connection in the trailers. :P
Obvious? I had no clue. and I have never seen a Silent Hill trailer besides Homecoming

... just watched the commercial and trailer and it didn't reveal anything about who they were. These are basically new characters and a new story.
Kenji wrote:On a more serious note, peronmis, I understand the official novels to be disappointingly substandard schlock.

I've only heard this second-hand, but here's what I've heard. I'll put spoiler tags, just in case, but you've played these games...
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
In SH1, Harry uses video game logic to cure Cybil's case of the zombie nurse (that'll either strike you as fourth-wall-breaking clever, or immensely stupid). In SH2, Angela's backstory includes being raped by her whole town (I wish I was exaggerating). In SH3, Vincent's backstory includes, to paraphrase alone in the town, winning Stock Market on Hard Mode and then retiring to lead the cult.
You might be better off forgetting the novels exist, so they don't taint the games' artistic reputations.
its peronmLs. lower case L. lol so peronmls

Im kinda confused about what you're saying.
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

Please don't double-post. That's naughty pie stuff.

What Kenji is saying is that the novels are basically middle-grade fanfiction.net stuff that someone got paid to write. There are, in fact, fan-made attempts that are much better. Krist. was writing a novelization for Silent Hill 3 that she hasn't finished but is very well-written.
peronmls
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by peronmls »

alone in the town wrote:Please don't double-post. That's naughty pie stuff.

What Kenji is saying is that the novels are basically middle-grade fanfiction.net stuff that someone got paid to write. There are, in fact, fan-made attempts that are much better. Krist. was writing a novelization for Silent Hill 3 that she hasn't finished but is very well-written.
Okay and what did I double post? and what is naughty pie????
Aerith Gainsborough

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

^A double post is when you post in a topic again before someone posts after the post you already posted, if that makes sense. Like, if you post in a thread, wait until another person posts before posting again. If you have more to say, you can add it to your last post by going to the edit button on the bottom of your post.
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
peronmls
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by peronmls »

Aerith Gainsborough wrote:^A double post is when you post in a topic again before someone posts after the post you already posted, if that makes sense. Like, if you post in a thread, wait until another person posts before posting again. If you have more to say, you can add it to your last post by going to the edit button on the bottom of your post.
But I didn't. and I asked What did I double post.
Calamity

Post by Calamity »

You did double post. See those two posts right above Alone in the Town's and below Kenji's? Both by you? That's double posting. We discourage double posting around here so in the future please just use the edit button instead of creating a new reply.
peronmls
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by peronmls »

really? well does it really matter if its my own thread? then how do you quote 2 people?

There should be an auto merge feature. Some forums have it.
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

It matters, my friend. The fate of worlds balances upon your willingness to avoid making consecutive posts.

To quote multiple people, you'll have to copy, paste, and add [quote] tags, either manually or with the control buttons in the post window. Unfortunately, this forum software lacks a multi-quote function.