[Seriously] I think I know the final twist

Murphy's been a bad boy ...

Moderator: Moderators

Yuki
Historical Society Historian

Re: [Seriously] I think I know the final twist

Post by Yuki »

AuraTwilight wrote:I read somewhere that Murphy's past can actually change depending on how players play the game, like whether or not he was innocent, an accidental criminal, or outright guilty. Anyone have a source for that?
I'm pretty sure they've stated that the crime he is in prison for indeed did happen.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Yea, but that doesn't reflect whether or not he was framed for an actual crime, committed it accidentally, or was a total thug about it.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
TGST
Just Passing Through

Post by TGST »

"Murphy Pendleton has been incarcerated for several years, having had his sentence extended once already".
That's what it says at the Konami Downpour page.
It could be possible, that someone really wants Murphy in jail and is willing to go so far to frame him, and have enough authority to even extend Murphy's captivity.
Might be a bit far-fetched though :)
TomWaltz
Just Passing Through

Post by TomWaltz »

CeetjeBeetje wrote:At the risk of sounding ignorant, how does everyone know that's the real Tom Waltz?
It could be just some guy, right?
I've never seen Matt Groening or Dan Castellaneta on the Simpsons forum I've been visting for years. Just sayin'
The real Tom Waltz? That depends... are you an IRS auditor?
Tom Waltz
Senior Staff Writer / Editor
IDW Publishing
http://www.idwpublishing.com
Typographenia

Post by Typographenia »

TomWaltz wrote:The real Tom Waltz? That depends... are you an IRS auditor?
I'm going to need a copy of your driver's license, social security number, and a blood sample from you before I can properly answer that question.
stardrake123
Just Passing Through

Post by stardrake123 »

They way the person is describing silent hill downpour sound's hell allot like:
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
The Suffering anyone seen lets-plays of it that's basically what the plot line for it is.
SilentRobert23
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by SilentRobert23 »

stardrake123 wrote:They way the person is describing silent hill downpour sound's hell allot like:
The Suffering anyone seen lets-plays of it that's basically what the plot line for it is.
If by
"like The Suffering"
you mean "containing virtually no coherent plot beyond lol monsters", then no. The only other similarities I can see are a prison motif and at least one prisoner NPC.
Apocali
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Apocali »

Hey now, the original
The Suffering
is a good game, it may be a bit more in your face and gorny but it does have it subtleties, and it has some nice atmosphere, the asylum level for instance. Sequel is total garbage though.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Doesn't mean the plot was coherent, though.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Hydra666
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Hydra666 »

TheSuffering 1 was awesome. It's one of those rare horror games besides SH that have some meaning in their monsters.

The game was freaking scary too (dat asylum). Too bad The Suffering 2 sucked buffalo balls.
SilentRobert23
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by SilentRobert23 »

The meaning was left ambiguous, though. Not the good kind of ambiguous, where you can have epic debates. It was the bad kind of ambiguous, where the writers failed to provide adequate explanations for why shit was going on.
But disregarding the Malevolents, or whatever they were called (it's been awhile since I played -redacted-), the story essentially had two possibilities to it based on whether the player behaved like a dick or a saint. There was no middle ground for a possibility of Torque simply having mixed motives. He either blacked out or was a sick fuck, and no evidence is really provided in either direction. Consequentially, he has little personality. Compare/contrast with James Sunderland, who is a bit more debatable.
Yekoto
Just Passing Through

Post by Yekoto »

Murphy and his kid was driving during the rain and got into an accident. The child of the other driver died and the driver himself got put in a wheel chair.

This part will change (if what Aura said was true) to if he was driving recklessly/drunk to being a true accident/other drivers fault.

Murphy got sentenced to jail for a little while (Jail, not prison) while his case was going on. He was charged with manslaughter (for the death of the child), and goes to court over it. however, after a few years of being dragged on, the overall case seems to be going his way and that he would get off it scot free. This pisses off the other driver who wants revenge for being put in a wheelchair and his son being killed.

Murphy is later able to make bail, and he gets home, he gets knocked out. When he wakes up, he sees the other driver with his son. The other person will choke Murphy's son in front of him until he is dead. This pisses Murphy off, who then breaks out of his restraints and kills the wheel chaired person.

He gets sent back to jail, no bail this time and his sentence extended. The case goes away from Murphy's favor for the two deaths on his shoulders and gets the death sentence. Murphy is moved from jail to prison on death row.

There, I think that's a good guess. It could also put Murphy being a child killer in a sympathetic light.
govedo989
Just Passing Through

Post by govedo989 »

you guys think too much,thats not how producer and writer works.I see 2 possible outcomes after learning who writer is.One:he killed his wife !BUT THIS TIME HE DIDNT FORGET so its not rip off of SH2 but PSYCHOLOGICAL since now she haunts him in SH , that's why her vagina is chasing him in the other world and thats why everything is so reddish, and black since inside of vagina is bloody,red and dark.Main theme of the game is how fans of SH deals with destroyed but still alive franchise.
The number 2 outcome is:Myrphy kill some other family member or football coach or he ACCIDENTALLY Kills his brother .But guess how.WITH DROWNING in a bathtub hence the downpour.And town is evil because Indian cemetery in a city hall of silent hill.Main theme of the game is how much money we can still take from deranged and stupid silent hill fans who like to color houses and cars(yes i am a fan but i like to state the obvious)
[b]The source of KOS-MOS's power comes from U-DO, by using the Zohar as a door.LOL[/b]
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

So,if the gender situation was reversed, and the protagonist was a woman who killed her husband, she would be chased and tormented by a platoon of giant scary penis monsters?
govedo989
Just Passing Through

Post by govedo989 »

yes you are correct because in real world everyone is afraid of penises,but if it was girl protagonist she would have to FORGET that she killed him because that didn't happened before in silent hill 2
[b]The source of KOS-MOS's power comes from U-DO, by using the Zohar as a door.LOL[/b]
Piers909
Just Passing Through

Post by Piers909 »

alone in the town wrote:So,if the gender situation was reversed, and the protagonist was a woman who killed her husband, she would be chased and tormented by a platoon of giant scary penis monsters?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
SilentRobert23
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by SilentRobert23 »

govedo989 wrote:yes you are correct because in real world everyone is afraid of penises,but if it was girl protagonist she would have to FORGET that she killed him because that didn't happened before in silent hill 2
Not sure if serious?

As an aficionado of auto-eroticism, I object to your claim that everyone is afraid of penises.
mikefile
Gravedigger

Post by mikefile »

Wow. The game isn't out yet, and still, the plot-twist topic already contains 7 pages. That can only happen in SHHF.
-- it's not sarcasm. I'm really fascinated.

Plus, I think that the plot twist is not really gonna be about Murphy. It's gonna be somethin' about the town's history. Yeah, I'm totally putting my bucks on that.
Below
Just Passing Through

Post by Below »

The entire town was built on an Indian burial ground.
...nothing really unusual down there.
govedo989
Just Passing Through

Post by govedo989 »

How the hell could anyone think that i was serious?but i do think that story would consist of amnesia since producers favorite game is sh 2 and he consider sh 1/3 to have to much "convoluted" story!And also tom hullet was part of 3 games that have amnesia as a plot device and this will be fourth one(in my opinion)