Hospital Ending? (Spoilers.)

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

isaacrood
Just Passing Through

Re: Hospital Ending? (Spoilers.)

Post by isaacrood »

Yeah, The game just revolves around Alex, and the ending changes depending how you played the game... I'm judging that he picked up the voice from the surgeon because he would have been around the surgeon the entire time. getting shock therapy. So if he is getting shock therapy the doctors would have been talking, And Alex could have picked up their voices, Like a normal sleeping person picks up on the noises around them, and influences their dreams... The Diaries could have just been made up, even though he doesn't read them. They are only important if you get an ending other than hospital ending. Because the hospital ending all the games events happened in Alex's mind. He never read them in-game because that would have created plot-holes so that's why he doesn't read them in game. The diaries are like an Extra feature.

*Mod Edit*

Please do NOT double post. If you have anything extra to say, feel free to use the edit button at the bottom of your post. You cannot have two posts in a row, basically. If you have any questions feel free to PM me about it.

-Aerith

Because the surgeon was there first. During the shock therapy Alex probably heard his voice often and it came into his fantasy. Like when the noises around you influence your dreams. You have to think, He was crazy. In the hospital ending he is a mentally insane individual, And is being lobotomized. So he never read the diaries... It doesn't matter really. The diaries aren't in the game itself so they are irrelevant, If they were in the game then that argument could work, But not a lot of people go out of their way to find extras, like the diaries, On other websites.
Hello, New to the forum, Glad to be here!! :)
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

But the point is they're canonical. They information contained in them is treated as true. Shit happens in this world Alex is experiencing that he himself is not witness to. There are details he never learns that we do. This pretty much means it can't be his dream, end of story.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
isaacrood
Just Passing Through

Post by isaacrood »

But it is his dream in the hospital ending.. Unless of course you believe he actually experienced everything and passed out at the end, and woke up in the hospital... >.>
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

I'm saying that ending is a massive plothole and makes the story worse. Appealing to that ending doesn't help contradict my argument.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
isaacrood
Just Passing Through

Post by isaacrood »

The ending is great. I dont understand what you arguement is there really arent many plotholes, if any at all..
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Then you haven't been paying attention to anything I've been saying. If you don't think there's any plotholes in Homecoming, much less most of it's endings, you haven't applied any critical thinking to this game.
mikefile
Gravedigger

Post by mikefile »

It's basically well-known that every ending contains plotholes. Some endings involve more of them, and some less of them. Even if you put it in the form of 'IT'S-ALL-ALEX's-BOILING-BRAIN', plotholes are still here.
isaacrood
Just Passing Through

Post by isaacrood »

Ok there are plotholes, but wouldnt there be if he did make it all up..? Of course. I once dreamt i flew to a pizza joint, and bought a cheese burger. Did i say "OMG PLOTHOLEZ OMG NOO!!!" no, i didn't. I accepted it was all a DELUSION, of the mind. All a dream. Thats what the ending means.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

...You don't know what a plothole is, do you?
isaacrood
Just Passing Through

Post by isaacrood »

Enlighten me.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

A plot hole, or plothole, is a gap or inconsistency in a storyline that goes against the flow of logic established by the story's plot, or constitutes a blatant omission of relevant information regarding the plot. These include such things as unlikely behaviour or actions of characters, illogical or impossible events, events happening for no apparent reason, or statements/events that contradict earlier events in the storyline.

The Hospital Ending is, in of itself, a plothole, because the game takes place in the main SH universe, and Alex experiences and learns things about the SH universe that only makes sense if it were real. By making it all a dream requires that Alex somehow pulled TRUE information he COULDN'T of had out of nowhere.

And that's just the biggest and most glaring plothole.
isaacrood
Just Passing Through

Post by isaacrood »

I guess, i cant change others opinions or views so i guess all i can say is your right.
ww_andi
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by ww_andi »

on that basis of a plot hole
Well isnt there plot holes if you get the bad + ending in silent hill 1 ;)

also want plot holes are there in the best ending of homecoming where elle and alex get free
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Well isnt there plot holes if you get the bad + ending in silent hill 1
No; there's no previously established universe to contradict.
also want plot holes are there in the best ending of homecoming where elle and alex get free
Where the hell is Wheeler, for starters.
ww_andi
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by ww_andi »

but harry learns of alot of events and ppl he wouldnt otherwise know about

the game establishes the universe and but what you are saying that if homecoming was the first game then there would be no plot holes in the hospital ending
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

but harry learns of alot of events and ppl he wouldnt otherwise know about
Like what? When SH1 was released, there were no prequels or sequels, so there was no established universe to contradict. Everything he learns that he didn't already know can be discarded as completely fabricated.
the game establishes the universe and but what you are saying that if homecoming was the first game then there would be no plot holes in the hospital ending
I wouldn't say that; it'd have plotholes regardless, such as Alex's dad and wheeler being the surgeons for some stupid ass reason.
ww_andi
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by ww_andi »

I think they were just used because they didnt have the time to make new models and add new voices
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

That's a copout. They had plenty of time. It's not like there was executive meddling like with Origins.

Shit, Homecoming actually made more content than they actually USED.
isaacrood
Just Passing Through

Post by isaacrood »

Could be budget issues, Or they couldn't hire new voice actors. You never know... Don't judge the whole ending just because they reused some stuff... Besides. Recycling is good!!! Happy halloween!
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

I'm saying they had more voices than they used. There were no budget issues, they just had bad decision-making. It's that simple.