What monsters do you think will be in the movie/want to see?

Discuss the latest about the second Silent Hill Movie

Moderator: Moderators

peronmls
Brookhaven Receptionist

What monsters do you think will be in the movie/want to see?

Post by peronmls »

I had asked Micheal about what monsters would be in it but he didn't give a straight answer. He just said some will be etc. XP I'm positive Double Heads wont be in it just because of some of the things he said.

I think closers will be in it and the same nurses from the first SH movie.
Last edited by peronmls on 25 Nov 2011, edited 1 time in total.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Re: What monsters do you think will be in the movie?

Post by JKristine35 »

Known monsters:
Pyramid Head
Nurses
Valtiel (most likely, since they have a chair in his image)
Memory of Alessa (possibly, Adelaide was seen with heavy makeup and a black wig)
CrypticIdentity
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by CrypticIdentity »

Seriously, if they can get the Closer on the big screen and make it not look ridiculous, AND film it moving around in 3D, that could be some serious nightmare fuel. I mean, it already is in the game, but if it was in a live-action movie...d00000000d.

Yeah, I think it's probably easier to figure out which monsters won't be in the movie. Cancers seem like they would be a bitch to make into practical costumes, and even more difficult to make them look scary. Plus, they're not really the most interesting/scariest monster design to begin with.

I'm just running through a list of the monsters now... The Glutton (the monster blocking Heather from getting out of the office building) could go either way, since it's mostly stationary, and wouldn't have the same issues as the other monsters in terms of how practical they would be to create.

That's mostly what I'm thinking of at the moment: practicality. What can they make with practical costumes, and how easy will it be for the actors to move around in said costumes? I'm sure there are ways of making all of them work, but considering how tight Bassett's budget sounded, it would come down to what they could make with they materials they have.

They might throw the Slurpers in--they're fairly humanoid, and an actor could probably have fun with that. I don't imagine they'd move exactly like they do in the game--they sort of scuttle around, and they might want their movements to be a bit more dynamic on screen. Then again, they could get some pretty creepy stop-motion/jerky movement stuff with the Slurpers, a la Jacob's Ladder, if they really wanted. (I THINK Jacob's Ladder is what I'm thinking of.)

Numb Body's another one that might just look silly on screen--they look pretty silly to begin with.

Missionary's another likely candidate, again for the whole humanoid factor.
peronmls
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by peronmls »

The monsters I would love to been in it are Closers, Slupers, and pendulums. (really creepy monsters!)

The reason I said closers is because its the "default" monster. Its everywhere like the lying figure in sh2.

he aslo said that there will be NEW monsters too which im not really to excited about.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

Bassett said there would be no dog monsters, so those are definitely out.
peronmls
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by peronmls »

JKristine35 wrote:Bassett said there would be no dog monsters, so those are definitely out.
Yeah double heads. That's what i said up top. =P Only because Resident Evil took it already. I would of liked that in SHR
Aerith Gainsborough
Historical Society Historian

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

I would definitely like the Closers, but I just have a feeling that they probably didn't take the cut. I feel as if Grey Children will be included, even though they weren't in the game. Might as well reuse costumes, right? PH wasn't in SH3, so whatever. I seriously doubt pendulums will be included, unless they took the time to add them with CG effects, but I seriously have my doubts about it. I think Scrapers are a possibility, since humanoid monsters are much easier to convey and to make (I mean come on, you don't have to make the structure, you just need a human being and add makeup and prosthetic). I'd like to see the Missionary boss in it, but eh...I don't know. We'll just have to see, though with the information (though it's a bit lacking) it seems as if our bosses may be a bit scarce in this movie (not like they weren't in the first, anyway).
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

How about that big giant butterfly? Huh? Huh? :P

Yeah that was only in the first game, but I don't see much of a problem if monsters from the first and third games overlap given it's all Alessa...
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

^ The moth boss, you mean? That was an awesome fight. :cool:

I hope to see the Slurpers and the Missionary. It would be neat.
KingCrimson
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by KingCrimson »

Closers and Pendulums are the most iconic SH3 enemies (besides Valtiel) in my opinion. Hopefully they have enough budget for the latter in convincing CG. If the film incorporates the birthing themes from the game, the phallic worm should make an appearance as well.

As for the numb bodies, the only scary thing about them to me was that part where a really big one comes stomping out of the darkness. If they were given the same amount of screentime as the lying figures from the first movie, it would suffice.
Aerith Gainsborough

^While I agree with you, I really think they are just gonna stick to humanoid monsters for easy capture and easy costumes and what not. Monsters like the Pendulums, Dogs, and Worm would involve adding in CG effects. They seem to really like actually having actors play the monsters instead of just adding them in with effects. I'd like to be wrong, though. I would like to have a nice variety of monsters instead of a few like in the first game. Closers will probably make an appearance due to them being humanoid monsters, as well as how they are very iconic from the game, like you said.

Numb Bodies are not scary. They're just symbolic. They (to me) sound like baby dinosaurs (D'awww).
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

I could see them using trick photography to make the Closers look bigger than the guy in the suit would be. The pendulums could be done with puppets, since their motions aren't much more complex than spinning around a lot.
wonder's boy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by wonder's boy »

Aerith Gainsborough wrote: Numb Bodies are not scary. They're just symbolic. They (to me) sound like baby dinosaurs (D'awww).
I dunno, the giant versions about made me piss my whitey tighies...

If there is one creature I hope to see (and quite expect to see), it's the Missionary. With it's vicious and explicit design, as well as it's rather easiness/cheapness on the live action creation scale, there is no reason not to include it.

Imagine it...a missionary stalking Heather through an Otherworld Silent Hill, and Vincent coming to her rescue, both of them killing it, eventually stomping it to death.

Ahh...I won't tell you what just happened in my pants.

:)
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
peronmls
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by peronmls »

wonder's boy wrote:
Aerith Gainsborough wrote: Numb Bodies are not scary. They're just symbolic. They (to me) sound like baby dinosaurs (D'awww).
I dunno, the giant versions about made me piss my whitey tighies...

If there is one creature I hope to see (and quite expect to see), it's the Missionary. With it's vicious and explicit design, as well as it's rather easiness/cheapness on the live action creation scale, there is no reason not to include it.

Imagine it...a missionary stalking Heather through an Otherworld Silent Hill, and Vincent coming to her rescue, both of them killing it, eventually stomping it to death.

Ahh...I won't tell you what just happened in my pants.

:)
I dont really like the missonary to much just because they arn't monster like. it looks to much like a person. it doesn't have a disfigured body. only somthing covering his face i think.

and i think the stalker here is valtiel. XP
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

I dont really like the missonary to much just because they arn't monster like. it looks to much like a person.
That's the point.

And I can't see the Numb Bodies in this movie. Plus, they're not really scary. More like stupid.
peronmls
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by peronmls »

NeoAmerika wrote:
I dont really like the missonary to much just because they arn't monster like. it looks to much like a person.
That's the point.

And I can't see the Numb Bodies in this movie. Plus, they're not really scary. More like stupid.
Yeah i would like to see monsters not a human with a hat over his face. lol
Aerith Gainsborough

I could see the Missionary and Scraper monsters making an appearance, for reasons I stated above. It would be great if somehow Harry did die (Gosh, I really don't want the ending that has been speculated) by the Missionary, unlocking something within Heather.
Lafayette_Reynolds
Just Passing Through

Post by Lafayette_Reynolds »

I always found the Missionary so creepy, mainly because whenever I played the game I never got a good look at what it looks like, exactly. Seeing it on the big screen with Heather staring at it, frightened, in a really dim-lit room would be sooo disturbing. Im all for that!
maddartist
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by maddartist »

There were supposed to be pendulums and mannequins in the first movie according to the original script so I wouldn't be surprised if there were at least pendulums in this movie. Also the Missionary would be fairly easy to put, and it had a pretty important role in the game so maybe we'll see him. I also saw set photos of what looked like skinned humanoid figures bound in S&M type bondage straps and I'm pretty sure they replace the carousel horse monsters from the game.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/maddartist/SHsig.gif[/img]
Watch @ http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=13276490(homemade)
maddartist
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by maddartist »

peronmls wrote:
NeoAmerika wrote:
That's the point.

Yeah i would like to see monsters not a human with a hat over his face. lol
Isn't that what Pyramid Head is?
The missionary's head sack looks like skin so they could go that direction with it making it more disturbing. We have the same guy from the first movie creating the monsters so i'm not (too) worried.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/maddartist/SHsig.gif[/img]
Watch @ http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=13276490(homemade)