Silent Hill HD Collection SH3 will not have orginal voices

Heather finds out why it's true that you shouldn't talk to strangers. Or look in mirrors, quite honestly.

Moderator: Moderators

peronmls
Brookhaven Receptionist

Silent Hill HD Collection SH3 will not have orginal voices

Post by peronmls »

Well Konami offically anounced that SH3 will only have New voice overs and not have the orignal. Im sad. but its okay because I was going to play it first with the new voices anyway I guess.

http://www.facebook.com/notes/silent-hi ... 7013661152
VenusDoom
Hope House Careworker

Re: Silent Hill HD Collection SH3 will not have orginal voic

Post by VenusDoom »

Link says it's expired, and I swear, if those dumbasses don't have SH3's original VA I'm not even buying the collection. i didn't give a fuck about SH2's, but Heather's voice was what made SH3 SH3 for me.
Cry baby, cry baby, cry,<3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_DW9xJTX-4
I love the Silent Hill Series. The games: Homecoming, Origins, and Shattered Memories, did nothing wrong whatsoever, they were developed well, and did things different. Just because they were not by Team Silent doesn't mean that they're bad games. I believe in this series. I believe that one day, we can have a game that will make all Silent Hill fans Happy. I believe that Silent Hill Downpour can achieve this.
Team Silent may be gone, but their series isn't. Instead... it's here, it's alive.

If you agree, add it to your sig.
peronmls
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by peronmls »

VenusDoom wrote:Link says it's expired, and I swear, if those dumbasses don't have SH3's original VA I'm not even buying the collection. i didn't give a fuck about SH2's, but Heather's voice was what made SH3 SH3 for me.
You need to login FB
Soulless-Shadow
Subway Guard

Post by Soulless-Shadow »

If it's true, then that's a shame. I agree with VenusDoom; Heather's voice actor did a fantastic job. I like to think she would/will be replaced with an equally as good voice actor, but I'm not holding my breath.

Whether or not they're really going to replace SH3's voice actors won't affect whether or not I buy the collection. I honestly haven't decided if I'll buy it yet. For now I probably won't, considering I've still got my original PS2 copies, along with a working PS2 and PS3 with backwards compatibility. However, if/when I do, I would still like the choice of old and new voice actors. :(
Chris Redfield
Just Passing Through

Post by Chris Redfield »

Goddamn it. I hope they find a suitable replacement. I, like others here, have become very fond of her voice. I hope they get an OK from Heather Morris to reuse her voice...

Yep. Just another day in Silent Hill...
Tabris
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Tabris »

I'm pretty disappointed in this as it would have made the collection perfect to me. I'm rather interested in having two sets of voices.

Doesn't matter anyways, I'm pretty excited to have this and I'll still happily buy it. I just hope the new voices won't make me cringe.
VenusDoom
Hope House Careworker

Post by VenusDoom »

I for one dislike the VA's in SH2, old and new, and thought how SH2 often overshadows and is viewed as the superior of SH3 was absurd. I was logged into FB and it said I couldnt read it, must just be me, anyway, the VA's in SH3 were better than the ones in SH2. I always thought the original VA's in SH2 were shitty anyway. And that's being nice. And no one pull that shit and say, "The fact that they were shitty is why they were good." No. No it is not. They were shitty because they were shitty and that is why they're shitty. Heather Morris preformed to a T as far as I'm concerned, Donna Burke did a perfect Claudia, and Vincent's scenes were quite memorable as well. No original VA's in SH3?
I'll take my original copies.
Cry baby, cry baby, cry,<3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_DW9xJTX-4
I love the Silent Hill Series. The games: Homecoming, Origins, and Shattered Memories, did nothing wrong whatsoever, they were developed well, and did things different. Just because they were not by Team Silent doesn't mean that they're bad games. I believe in this series. I believe that one day, we can have a game that will make all Silent Hill fans Happy. I believe that Silent Hill Downpour can achieve this.
Team Silent may be gone, but their series isn't. Instead... it's here, it's alive.

If you agree, add it to your sig.
Mephisto
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mephisto »

I don't really care since I'm not going to buy it. But it's a bad move, no doubt.
Typographenia

Post by Typographenia »

I sincerely hope the new performances completely put the originals to shame, simply to see what fan reception would then look like.

PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
No Heather makes me sad, but whatever.
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

I, for one, find it hilarious that, even though we've know for six months that Silent Hill 3 would also feature re-done voicing, the visible outcry over this travesty began all of a week ago.

If you want to blame someone, blame the legions of drooling fans who collectively shit angry kittens over Silent Hill 2's new voice acting and completely ignored the fact that the collection had another game in it.
Chris Redfield
Just Passing Through

Post by Chris Redfield »

I knew right from the get go that SH2 was geting new VA's. Personally, I thought Troy Baker did a pretty good job with James. But I honestly didn't find out about SH3(or at least, didn't believe it)getting new actors, until this thread was posted. They can't replace Heather's VA. They just can't. It's fucking sacrilege, IMHO. Aside from that, does anyone know who her replacement will be?

Yep. Just another day in Silent Hill...
cascade88

Post by cascade88 »

SH3 is my favorite Silent Hill title. I wish that we could've opted to have the original voice acting as well as new voice acting but it's still not the end of the world. If I gripe about it, nothing will change so what's the point? Also, while I'm obviously fond of Heather's original voice acting, I find myself more concerned about Douglas and Vincent's voices being "right" for their characters than I am concerned about Heather's. I say this because of how Eddie sounded in the released SH2 new VA clip. James was believable, Maria was - Eddie was off to me; he needs a certain tone of voice to be pulled off effectively. But that's just my thoughts on the subject.
єเภ ןє๔єг єภﻮєl เรt รςђгєςкlเςђ
mr. mason
Just Passing Through

Post by mr. mason »

SH2 was never the whole focus for me, i wanted the voices back for both games. It's not that i don't have faith in some of the new cast it's just that it would be nice to actually have a choice in the matter. Regardless i hope the new va for heather and douglass do their characters justice. I do have my fingers crossed for Mary Elizabeth Mcglynn as claudia but that probably won't happen.
Words are our worst enimies, Only actions speak the truth.
WordsOfSilent
Just Passing Through

Post by WordsOfSilent »

This is sad and very stupid idea, who shall make this who love the original voices very angry about this decision ( me included ). Another nail in the coffin of Silent Hill. :(
Aerith Gainsborough

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

^They may not have had a choice but to only have new voices. There are voice actors who have steered away from the Guy Cihi and Konami drama, and thus are very, very hard to get a hold of, or just simply do not want to talk to anyone. Can you blame them? All of this has to be extremely embarrassing for all voice actors of the original games.
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Also, Douglas' actor is dead, so they never really COULD do a re-take of the voices. It'd have to be either new voices or just...not edit the original vocal tracks.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
ShadowofNyx
Just Passing Through

Post by ShadowofNyx »

With voice acting in any media be it games or cartoons/anime does not really matter to me since to be real anyone could have done the voices so I do not get invested in them if I like them I like them but I wont be bothered if they are changed hell I find it interesting to hear sometthing new but as I said before it does not really matter to me.
"Just because we've similar interests does not guarantee you're going to like me! My foot in your ass is a good example of that. My delusionary hell does not agree with yours!!" -Nny
NemesisFY
Just Passing Through

Post by NemesisFY »

VenusDoom wrote:Link says it's expired, and I swear, if those dumbasses don't have SH3's original VA I'm not even buying the collection. i didn't give a fuck about SH2's, but Heather's voice was what made SH3 SH3 for me.
I couldn't agree more.
The Heather's voice was epic.
Chris Redfield wrote:I knew right from the get go that SH2 was geting new VA's. Personally, I thought Troy Baker did a pretty good job with James. But I honestly didn't find out about SH3(or at least, didn't believe it)getting new actors, until this thread was posted. They can't replace Heather's VA. They just can't. It's fucking sacrilege, IMHO. Aside from that, does anyone know who her replacement will be?
Actually SH2 will have the original voices as an option.

Now what I don't understand is... Who cares about SH2 voices? There was nothing special about it.

I don't say SH3 needs the original voices because I'm a mindless fan whom will be against any change in the game. It's because Heather really had a great voice, the way she screams and talk, it gave LIFE to the character. I highly doubt anyone can match the original voice of SH3. But SH2, as I said before, I couldn't care less.
MissGarland
Just Passing Through

Post by MissGarland »

Apparently they can't get in contact with Heather Morris. I don't have anything to back this up that is say, from konami so don't take my word for it.

I just got new copies of sh 2,3,4 (my sister decided to use the originals as a dog toy, and i am not joking.) so when i buy the HD collection (like, 3 months after it is released and cheap) and i decided i don't like the voices, i can either mute it or just play the original. I love my ps2
黒執事
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

The only characters in the entire Team Silent series that were well-acted were in SH3 so it will be a shame to not get the only decent voice-acting from the classics, but I can't wait to hear the new voices (both for 2 and 3) because, as others have said, I can always play the originals whenever I want.