Silent Hill HD Collection Trailer - Hear more of Heather

Heather finds out why it's true that you shouldn't talk to strangers. Or look in mirrors, quite honestly.

Moderator: Moderators

Whitney
SHH Staff Writer

Silent Hill HD Collection Trailer - Hear more of Heather

Post by Whitney »

http://youtu.be/mUtlyoLpwWY

Looking very nice to me. I can't wait to play this March 6 :)
My Websites!
Image Image Image
alone in the town
Historical Society Historian

Re: Silent Hill HD Collection Trailer - Hear more of Heathe

Post by alone in the town »

Cue whining about the new voice actors in... oh wait, it's already happening.
teosoleil
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by teosoleil »

Heather's voice definitely sounds more like a teenager (I'm starting to get one of those Japanese anime-schoolgirl vibes, where they moan and whimper in their high-pitched voices that sound like they're engaging in some sort of...perverse action off-camera). She sounds a lot more vulnerable and I can't imagine her getting angry/yelling "Shut your stinking mouth, bitch!" at Claudia. Oh well, it's nice to see that we have a new take on Heather :)!

Mary...sounds a lot more depressed than she sounded in the original Letter cutscene. Conveys a lot more bleak sadness. Judging from those two lines, I think I like the original more, but it's like comparing apples and oranges because they give off two different tones--original Mary sounds a lot more nostalgic and gives off a, should I say, much more "uplifting" vibe, but the new Mary, judging from those two lines, sounds more sick/depressed and more sadder. There will probably be different emotions conveyed in the new Letter audio, which I'm probably going to like.

Hearing this and everything else, the new voices from all sources sound more new and fresh, as if they're being acted through completely different takes on the characters-which I'm enjoying.

I just wonder how Vincent is going to sound. I think I recall them saying he would have a slightly more English accent like Claudia...or was that just Leonard? (Probably the latter). The other character I'm worried about is Angela...I hope she doesn't sound like the new Heather, though judging by how she was said to sound more younger, she probably is.

(I also enjoy how the voices are getting more attention than the updated graphics...and how a YouTuber went on a total rant on there based on incorrect information :roll: amazing what people will do to give off a fanrant)
Typographenia

Post by Typographenia »

Heather at least sounds more age appropriate, but not really anything easy to listen to in the trailer with the rest of the noise going on. : P

SO MANY LENS FLARES.
Whitney
SHH Staff Writer

Post by Whitney »

Typographenia wrote:Heather at least sounds more age appropriate, but not really anything easy to listen to in the trailer with the rest of the noise going on. : P

SO MANY LENS FLARES.
Maybe they got J.J. Abrams to make it? ;)
My Websites!
Image Image Image
Tabris
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Tabris »

So far everything I've heard of the new Heather has sounded pretty good. No problems here and I initially really despised the new SH2 voices when I first heard them.

Regardless, I need to play the games a couple times a few times to decide whether or not I like the new voices. I'm more than willing to give them a chance.
Agent of God
Subway Guard

Post by Agent of God »

They sound fine.
Doesn't seem too different a performance from the old voices.
We are still here...
TheGuiltyOne
Just Passing Through

Post by TheGuiltyOne »

I just can't get over them re-doing the voices. Ugh. :(
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Get over it.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Aerith Gainsborough

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

Her voice is okay, a little too 'girly' for me. Heather seems more of the badass, tom-boyish chick who doesn't give a damn. The new voice just sounds a little too like 'damsel in distress' to me. It's definitely not bad, definitely not the best. I don't really have that many peeves about it.
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
ww_andi
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by ww_andi »

does anyone know if the old voices will be for sh3 cuz i dont really like the new heather
Whitney
SHH Staff Writer

Post by Whitney »

ww_andi wrote:does anyone know if the old voices will be for sh3 cuz i dont really like the new heather
You won't be able to switch there will just be the new voices for SH3
My Websites!
Image Image Image
peronmls
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by peronmls »

how come my thread got closed and this one didn't?
Agent of God
Subway Guard

Post by Agent of God »

peronmls wrote:how come my thread got closed and this one didn't?
Be more specific.
Why should this thread get closed?
We are still here...
cascade88

Post by cascade88 »

Just watched the vid - I think Heather sounds great :D
єเภ ןє๔єг єภﻮєl เรt รςђгєςкlเςђ
peronmls
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by peronmls »

Agent of God wrote:
Be more specific.
I got my thread closed because i was showing gameplay of SH3 HD collection and the person locked it because there was already a thread all about HD collections and this is about HD collections. im not saying this should be closed.
FrankRD
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by FrankRD »

peronmls wrote:
Agent of God wrote:
Be more specific.
I got my thread closed because i was showing gameplay of SH3 HD collection and the person locked it because there was already a thread all about HD collections and this is about HD collections. im not saying this should be closed.
I remember your thread. It had a video that had already been shared in the HD Collection thread. It wasn't closed just because there was already an HD Collection thread.
Aerith Gainsborough

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

Thanks, Frank, for explaining. That's pretty much it, peronmls .

Also, if you ever have a question concerning a thread of yours being deleted or etc you should always PM a Moderator instead of asking it within the forum itself. It's much, much easier that way.

Hearing the voice really makes me interested for the others, though (We already know Heather and Claudia). I would rather Vincent a/o Douglas NOT have British accents. I have nothing against them, it's just...unless they're born there then...I guess that's the only way it could work. I just don't think most people pull a fake accent out of their ass for the hell of it. I actually didn't like that Claudia's accent was British when it seemed very apparent that she was born and raised in Silent Hill, so thus her accent probably wouldn't be like that. Unless perhaps some strange exception happened like if she was only exposed to people speaking in English accents all of her life, then maybe. I just think that's too farfetched to happen.

Also, that was horrible rambling. Sorry!
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
mikefile
Gravedigger

Post by mikefile »

Bloody hell! You're right.

But really, I agree with the fact of lousy accents. I usually enjoy listening to it, however Claudia's just wasn't right. I had not even noticed it was a british accent until my 2nd playthrough. Maybe too mild. However, I don't mind at all. It didn't make the game less enjoyable for me and nor will the new VA. I'm honestly indifferent.

Moreover, by observing the big picture I'm sure the developers were going for the old fame and feel: the Innocent Moon track, "One of the eeriest games ever to grace a videogame system", epic lines.. it's oblivous. It's like they're going for the presentation of a completely same atmosphere- "The resolution and voices are new, but it's really the same old stuff. So.. buy it!"
Calamity

Post by Calamity »

Hmm the new Heather isn't bad at all. It'll be interesting to see how she handles lines from late in the game when shit starts going down. :P Still no word on who is voicing Claudia yet though, right?