Silent Hill: Downpour OST track listing revealed

Murphy's been a bad boy ...

Moderator: Moderators

arthurdepr
Just Passing Through

Silent Hill: Downpour OST track listing revealed

Post by arthurdepr »

"Milan Records have just released the track details for the Silent Hill Downpour OST by Daniel Licht. The OST comes with 19 tracks–one being ‘Silent Hill’ by Jonathan Davis of Korn.

The 19 track OST will release on March 13 along with the game and retail on Amazon for $14. It’s good to finally have the track listing, but all tracks with Mary Elizabeth McGlynn’s vocals have not been revealed. So far, there’s one track with her iconic pipes. Hopefully there are more to be announced."

Track List:

1. Silent Hill – by Jonathan Davis
Score by Daniel Licht:
2. Intro Perp Walk
3. In The Ravine
4. Bus To Nowhere
5. Meet JP
6. Stalking For Dinner
7. Don’t Go in the Basement
8. Railcar Ride
9. Downpour Intro
10. Jump Monster
11. Monastic Tendencies
12. Clowning Around With Monsters
13. Welcome to Devil’s Pit
14. Basement Fight
15. Cablehouse Blues
16. Town Rain
17. The Caverns
18. Monastery Otherworld
19. The Downpour

Source: http://www.relyonhorror.com/latest-news ... -revealed/

So, here it is! And Mary will be featured on the soundtrack? I didn't know that... that's good news!
~ Evil shall with evil be expelled. ~
Skele
Subway Guard

Re: Silent Hill: Downpour OST track listing revealed

Post by Skele »

i will probably pass on it. but thanks for posting this. they should've just released the soundtrack with the game.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Why have the track titles since THE ROOM been total crap?
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
VIVIsect
Historical Society Historian

Post by VIVIsect »

Generic titles to match the generic "orchestral" score.
nobody is anybody
PyramidFace
Just Passing Through

Post by PyramidFace »

The Adversary wrote:Why have the track titles since THE ROOM been total crap?
Hey! I named the tracks for Shattered Memories :(
Skele wrote:they should've just released the soundtrack with the game.
Actually it's a good thing that Milan Records is putting out the soutrack. When you get a pre-order bonus disc prepared by the Publisher, that's just "hey some fans like game music". The fact an actual label is backing Licht's soundtrack is a step toward game soundtracks being legitimized like movie ones. It's treating them like actual products people will want to spend money on.

Yeah, I get it, everybody wants stuff for free but that isn't how reality works. Things cost money and that money supports the people who made it. Artists want to make a living creating art. Emphasis on "make a living". So if you like game soundtracks enough to pay money for them, this is actually good news. If you don't like them that much, then, argue for sound tests in the games themselves, I guess.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>Hey! I named the tracks for Shattered Memories<
Well I like that one title, "Always on my Mind." That's a good one! ;)

Besides, SHATTERED MEMORIES isn't, like, cannon and stuff, so that doesn't even count, right?
Last edited by The Adversary on 08 Feb 2012, edited 1 time in total.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Tillerman
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Tillerman »

I like game soundtracks a lot, but I have yet to hear one by a popular movie composer that I considered worth having. I'll be interested in checking this one out to see if it's the first one that breaks that trend for me.
VIVIsect wrote:Generic titles to match the generic "orchestral" score.
What makes you say that? This isn't available yet for listening somewhere, is it?
Number 7
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Number 7 »

Is the Jonathan Davis track the same as the Korn song from the trailer?
"He's underground now. His new name is Number Seven."
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Yes. Jonathan Davis probably composed it alone, but it's performed by Korn.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Tabris
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Tabris »

Can't wait to hear it. Plus it's cheap. One plus to this is I don't have to pay up the ass to import it from Japan.
VIVIsect

Post by VIVIsect »

Tillerman wrote:What makes you say that? This isn't available yet for listening somewhere, is it?
My comment is based on the (completely forgettable) snippets of the score we've heard thus far and my familiarity with Licht's work. Maybe I'm just talking out of my ass, but I expect another one of those "composed with 'Symphobia' and 'Morphestra', cinematic computer scores" that have become so popular these days with video games attempting to imitate film. I have no doubt it'll be good, but I don't expect it to be all that original.

But, again, I might just be talking out of my ass. Guess we'll find out soon, though! :)
nobody is anybody
peronmls
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by peronmls »

I really hope it's not orchestrated. I mean I like orchesrated music but just not for Silent Hill. I really want atmopheric Industrial music! =)
Tillerman
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Tillerman »

VIVIsect wrote:My comment is based on the (completely forgettable) snippets of the score we've heard thus far and my familiarity with Licht's work. Maybe I'm just talking out of my ass, but I expect another one of those "composed with 'Symphobia' and 'Morphestra', cinematic computer scores" that have become so popular these days with video games attempting to imitate film. I have no doubt it'll be good, but I don't expect it to be all that original.
Yeah, I know what you mean. But since we have yet to hear much of the score, I still want to give him the benefit of the doubt. I mean, he is at least capable of making a good, distinctive soundtrack, like his work on Dexter showed. But maybe he won't take this project as seriously because that was a Showtime show and this is a video game. I'm certainly interested to find out.

If there's one thing I hate, it's the current trend of video games attempting to imitate the bland and lifeless scores that most hollywood blockbusters use. They couldn't possibly have the more wrong approach. I really hope that is not what we get with Downpour.
thy_butcher
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by thy_butcher »

I do wish this was a pre-order inclusion, but no biggie.
I'll pick this up anyway, as I'm a huge Korn fan.

Have a listen at this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWwuK2O61fw
Of course I can't confirm that is actually a snippet from Dan Licht... but it sounds great nonetheless.

Is the OST for Downpour going to be sold at any major retailers? Best Buy, Walmart, etc. If so, I'll snag a copy of it when I go to get Downpour.
Just...one...more...month...
NanayaShiki
SHH Cult & SHHF Moderator
SHH Cult & SHHF Moderator

Post by NanayaShiki »

The Adversary wrote:Why have the track titles since THE ROOM been total crap?
I liked a lot of the track titles from Shattered Memories. Childish Thoughts was a pretty cool title imo. And I thought "Devil's Laughter" and "Angel's Scream", while maybe a bit silly sounding, really fit the content of the music itself. Those sound effects in those songs and all.

That being said, I'm not crazy about the title tracks in here, although "Clowning Around With Monsters" brings some very amusing images to mind. Well, I'll have to actually HEAR the OST before I make any judgements. You can't really say the title of a song is crap if you don't know the content within the song.

Besides, the older games were not without some stupidly titled tracks either. "Please Love Me...Once More", really?
Hydra666
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Hydra666 »

IIMO this is going to be an awesome soundtrack

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEGzBJ_7rn4

Listen from 11:25 until 12:05

Beautiful
VIVIsect

Post by VIVIsect »

thy_butcher wrote:Have a listen at this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWwuK2O61fw Of course I can't confirm that is actually a snippet from Dan Licht... but it sounds great nonetheless.
It sounds like this track from Obscure II: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_TSvEzD ... re=related
nobody is anybody
redrum
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by redrum »

I'm glad its not some pre-order crap, because that usually means us Europeans never get it...legally, I'd much rather be able to purchase the soundtrack and let the money go to Konami and Daniel than downloading it off some crap site.
Tillerman
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Tillerman »

thy_butcher wrote:Have a listen at this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWwuK2O61fw Of course I can't confirm that is actually a snippet from Dan Licht... but it sounds great nonetheless.
It sounds like it would work decently in the game... but as music, it's fairly unoriginal and a little boring. I'm hoping the score contains more interesting stuff than this.
thy_butcher
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by thy_butcher »

@VIVISect
Nice track. It's a bit "busy" but it sounds nice.
I've never played Obscure; only read a review. :)