Brookhaven Receptionist

Re: One Week to Launch - Your feelings?

Post by ww_andi »

i cant wait any longer
The Chauffeur
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by The Chauffeur »

^We can. :P Amongst other things, it's gone on the back burner for now.
formerly Caroline452 / Tears of Alessa
The SH Champion
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by The SH Champion »

I love what that review from neogaf. Finally, someone who knows what they are talking about. I was very disapointed when E3 nominated it for most disapointing. I can't wait for Downpour.
"The Fear of Blood tends to create fear for the flesh."
-Silent Hill
sk8dima
Just Passing Through

Post by sk8dima »

You guys are slow. The game has already been pirated and one guy even started a walkthrough on YouTube - Link Removed

Yeah, that isn't going to be happening here just yet. Also, mark your spoilers, especially when they're this huge.
-The Mgmt.
Typographenia
Historical Society Historian

Post by Typographenia »

Waiting for a legitimate copy to purchase and not watching someone else play through a game qualifies a "slow" now? Man, times have certainly changed.
WelcomeToNowhere
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by WelcomeToNowhere »

^Dickishness is completely unnecessary, sk8dima. We want to PLAY this new game, not watch someone play it FOR us. Plus, we don't support activities of dubious legality here.

Nobody wants to get sued out of existence here, you see.

Meanwhile, I'm fairly hopeful. The game LOOKS nice according to some, and it SOUNDS nice by every account. GameInformer has been a little tough on some fairly good games before, and the reviewer may be a little biased if you look closely enough at his review.

All in all, if I don't have the money for it, I'll definitely play it at my friend's house when she buys it. I'm DEFINITELY going to buy the soundtrack for it, though, cause that shit is supposed to be great.
thy_butcher
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by thy_butcher »

@sk8dima
What the hell? Seriously. :(
I'll be there day one paying full price; happily.
I'm not one to say that new games are cheap. But really, a full-priced game isn't going to break the bank. A little budgeting and patience would yield your desired game, AND support those who developed the game.

I just feel bad for EU. If I had to wait any longer I'd lose it.
Soulless-Shadow
Subway Guard

Post by Soulless-Shadow »

thy_butcher wrote: I'll be there day one paying full price; happily.
I'm not one to say that new games are cheap. But really, a full-priced game isn't going to break the bank. A little budgeting and patience would yield your desired game, AND support those who developed the game.
Just curious; how much will you be paying for the game where you are? It's listed at EB Games (Australia) for $98 when it comes out next month (Australia is always being screwed over when it comes to games -_- ). As a day one, full price purchase that will definitely break my bank (still between jobs -_- ), even with budgeting and patience (though I'd never resort to pirating :x ).
thy_butcher
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by thy_butcher »

I heard AU had outrageous game prices.
A new game here is about $65.
The_Journeyman
Just Passing Through

Post by The_Journeyman »

I'm from italy, but i can't fucking wait.

So i decided that i'll buy my downpour copy from TRONIXWEB, which takes only 3-4 days for delivery. :D

Hopefully i'll have it next week.
WelcomeToNowhere
Brookhaven Receptionist

^Isn't Italy in the PAL region? Would a copy released this early work on your TV?
The_Journeyman
Just Passing Through

Post by The_Journeyman »

WelcomeToNowhere wrote:^Isn't Italy in the PAL region? Would a copy released this early work on your TV?
PS3 is region free. What's the problem with the tv? I played homecoming USA version and nothing went wrong. Also my tv is a "new gen" tv. Hd ready samsung, 20" LCD.
WelcomeToNowhere
Brookhaven Receptionist

^Oh, okay. I didn't know whether or not it would work because of disk-to-console-to-TV display issues. Never mind, then. :)
Soulless-Shadow
Subway Guard

Post by Soulless-Shadow »

thy_butcher wrote:I heard AU had outrageous game prices.
A new game here is about $65.
$65? :cry: Yeah, we do have outrageous prices. :x Depending on the game and store, new games can be around $90 - $110. And that's just for a normal copy, not a special edition or anything. I usually just buy online or wait until everything is cheaper due to the ridiculous prices. Even with the difference between the Aussie and US Dollar, it's still cheaper to import (if I remember correctly, the difference isn't that much anyway).
Silent Fantasy

Post by Silent Fantasy »

Iv bought about 5 other games that keep getting put on the backburner due to the newest one that comes in, but it looks like Downpour will be putting Alice with the others for a bit. lol
I was more excited for the HD Collection and forgot about Downpour, but I feel it'll be a good game. It'll be great if it turns out to be...well, great.
WARNING: Some Parts of Reality May Seem Violent or Cruel.
The Chauffeur
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by The Chauffeur »

When you know a game will come down in price (and usually pretty rapidly once the initial excitement has worn off) for some of us it's worth waiting for. It doesn't detract from the enjoyment of the game as long as ASSHATS don't SPOIL IT. Prioritising games into a budget that has to feed people, well, it speaks for itself really, doesn't it? I suppose that contributes towards my lack of enthusiasm. I can wait. I have to.

Slightly OT - I remember new release games in NZ being awfully expensive. When I think back in the day I paid $135 to pre-order FFIX!
formerly Caroline452 / Tears of Alessa
The SH Champion
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by The SH Champion »

Why would you pirate a game? It feels better and more fun to play it on the release day.
"The Fear of Blood tends to create fear for the flesh."
-Silent Hill
Typographenia

Post by Typographenia »

The SH Champion wrote:Why would you pirate a game? It feels better and more fun to play it on the release day.
Most people do it because it's easier/free, some people do it because they're "testing" a game to see if it's worth buying, some do it because it's not available where they're at so they feel they're validated in pirating, some are doing it because they're young and don't have jobs to pay for it, some do it in protest to business practices, and many other reasons. The most common one is likely the "I'm a pirate, and this is how I get my entertainment."

I personally don't agree with any reasons given (well, except maybe those few games that would essentially have vanished from existence were they not shared), but I digress.
Aerith Gainsborough

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

I'm pretty excited. It's sad that spoilers are going around (thankfully it seems we've only had one case of it around here, though). I just dislike people who want to spoil shit. I actually need to finish my pre-order on it...once I get my check. I also liked seeing the achievement/trophy list. That was pretty nice. It gives me an idea of how much playtime there will be, but doesn't give too much away.
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
Doctor Eggnog
Subway Guard

Post by Doctor Eggnog »

"It feels better and more fun to play it on the release day."

The only game I've ever played right on release was Silent Hill: Origins. It certainly didn't change anything about it. I would certainly never buy a console game on release now. Sixty bucks is just too much, especially when it's going to be thirty or twenty in a year or two. Most I've ever payed is forty. I guess the economy needs people to buy stuff right on release, but I can't imagine who these people are. Everything just gets so much cheaper, I find it more alluring to wait.
Socially Awkward Penguin is my hero.