Silent Hill Heaven mentioned in Downpour credits

Murphy's been a bad boy ...

Moderator: Moderators

Herr Shaun
Gravedigger

Silent Hill Heaven mentioned in Downpour credits

Post by Herr Shaun »

If you view the credits (either at the end of the game or at any time from the main menu) and wait until the end where the "special thanks" come in, you'll notice that Silent Hill Heaven is mentioned.

Say what you will about the state of the franchise, the devs really seem to care about us fans. :)
You've got your good things, and I've got mine.
Below
Just Passing Through

Re: Silent Hill Heaven mentioned in Downpour credits

Post by Below »

I feel so special.
...nothing really unusual down there.
teosoleil
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by teosoleil »

...well considering they used a lot of the member posts, theories, collaborations, timeline(s), etc., posted here and in other forums in order to "research" before making the game, I guess it's time we were at least mentioned. :roll:

Pretty interesting, the SH fanbase is one that has shaped the franchise almost directly.
aj4x94
Historical Society Historian

Post by aj4x94 »

teosoleil wrote:...well considering they used a lot of the member posts, theories, collaborations, timeline(s), etc., posted here and in other forums in order to "research" before making the game, I guess it's time we were at least mentioned. :roll:

Pretty interesting, the SH fanbase is one that has shaped the franchise almost directly.
Actually, we were also mention in Origins credits as well.
You can take my heart
And hold it together as we fall apart
Maybe together we can make a mark in the stars we embark
And keep us together as the lights go dark
Silent Fantasy

Post by Silent Fantasy »

"...well considering they used a lot of the member posts, theories, collaborations, timeline(s), etc., posted here and in other forums in order to "research" before making the game, I guess it's time we were at least mentioned."

and they also have their own official sources to "research".
WARNING: Some Parts of Reality May Seem Violent or Cruel.
DistantJ
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DistantJ »

It should have said "Thanks to SHH for viciously informing us of what NOT to include" XD
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
Typographenia

Post by Typographenia »

I'm going to go make a page for myself on IMDB and GiantBomb now. brb

That's cool, I suppose. Am I wrong, or wasn't SHH also credited in Shattered Memories' credits as well?
Vixx is famous!
warfare315
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by warfare315 »

Hey, I didn't notice that! Pretty cool!
Another frequency perpetuated into context, trapped in the eternal paradox.
vaporeyesofficial.bandcamp.com
Facebook.com/vaporeyesofficial
Calamity

Post by Calamity »

Typographenia wrote:I'm going to go make a page for myself on IMDB and GiantBomb now. brb

That's cool, I suppose. Am I wrong, or wasn't SHH also credited in Shattered Memories' credits as well?
Vixx is famous!
I seem to remember we were but a few others I've asked said they don't remember so I guess it's a big ??? til one of us beats the game again. :P
Doctor Eggnog
Subway Guard

Post by Doctor Eggnog »

This is nice. I really like it when they thank the forums, made me feel really good in Origins.
Socially Awkward Penguin is my hero.
Aerith Gainsborough

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

I just saw that. I really appreciate the love for we forum dwellers, guys!
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
VenusDoom
Hope House Careworker

Post by VenusDoom »

Love that. Made me feel epic when I beat Origins. It feels cool that a tiny piece of me/something I'm a part of is mentioned in a real published videogames.
Cry baby, cry baby, cry,<3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_DW9xJTX-4
I love the Silent Hill Series. The games: Homecoming, Origins, and Shattered Memories, did nothing wrong whatsoever, they were developed well, and did things different. Just because they were not by Team Silent doesn't mean that they're bad games. I believe in this series. I believe that one day, we can have a game that will make all Silent Hill fans Happy. I believe that Silent Hill Downpour can achieve this.
Team Silent may be gone, but their series isn't. Instead... it's here, it's alive.

If you agree, add it to your sig.
Arachnid1
Just Passing Through

Post by Arachnid1 »

That is so damn cool. I like that the developers care about their fans. They get props.
Vixx
Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Post by Vixx »

teosoleil wrote:...well considering they used a lot of the member posts, theories, collaborations, timeline(s), etc., posted here and in other forums in order to "research" before making the game, I guess it's time we were at least mentioned. :roll:
We've been thanked in the credits of 0rigins (I think?), Homecoming and Shattered Memories and I completely disagree. Konami have absolutely no obligation to thank us at all, so the fact that they do is just crazy-kind of them. Yes, we're a very active forum and there's a lot of discussion here, but that means nothing at the end of the day.
teosoleil wrote:Pretty interesting, the SH fanbase is one that has shaped the franchise almost directly.
You give the fanbase entirely more credit than it deserves because no we bloody haven't. They listen to what we like/dislike, but that's pretty much as far as it goes. =/

Anyway: thanks Tomm! :D
V xx

© 2003-2024 Vixx. The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of silenthillforum.com. Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited. No, I can't believe this place is still up and running, either.
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

Yeah, the forum was also mentioned in Homecoming.

I didn't even bought Downpour yet (I will) but this is nice.

This is a little message saying that they care about the fans, yet some fans turn their backs on the franchise. Keep up with the good work.
teosoleil
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by teosoleil »

Vixx wrote:
We've been thanked in the credits of 0rigins (I think?), Homecoming and Shattered Memories and I completely disagree. Konami have absolutely no obligation to thank us at all, so the fact that they do is just crazy-kind of them. Yes, we're a very active forum and there's a lot of discussion here, but that means nothing at the end of the day.
teosoleil wrote:Pretty interesting, the SH fanbase is one that has shaped the franchise almost directly.
You give the fanbase entirely more credit than it deserves because no we bloody haven't. They listen to what we like/dislike, but that's pretty much as far as it goes. =/

Anyway: thanks Tomm! :D
Sorry Vixx and Mephisto, that was me acting like an ass and all sarcastic and whatnot. I do realize the extent of what the fanbase does. Once again, apologies to both of you (and any other people I offended).
silenthell88
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by silenthell88 »

That was a nice thing to do. It should attract more members.
Meeks
Just Passing Through

Post by Meeks »

that adds up to the epic factor! :3 loving what vatra has done!
arthurdepr
Just Passing Through

Post by arthurdepr »

This is SO awesome! I mean, we're all part of this, but man... I don't know, that's just so cool! =P

Also, congrats for the creators and moderators of this awesome forum... you guys deserve this!
~ Evil shall with evil be expelled. ~
NanayaShiki
SHH Cult & SHHF Moderator
SHH Cult & SHHF Moderator

Post by NanayaShiki »

It does amaze me a little how they continue to be so awesome to us despite how whiny and awful some of us can be to them.