SH:R Director Michael J Bassett's blog

Discuss the latest about the second Silent Hill Movie

Moderator: Moderators

wonder's boy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Re: SH:R Director Michael J Bassett's blog

Post by wonder's boy »

3D has actually been something of a treat for me, since I don't really get to see anything in 3D that often. The tickets are usually more expensive than 2D, and I don't own a 3D television, so it's fun when I get to go to the theater and experience it. I've never had any side effects, though there have been mild spells of disorientation, which is more of a fun factor for me while watching movies, especially horror/sci-fi.

Also, like Yuki said, I've never come across a 3D-exclusive film in theaters. It'd hurt its potential success, I believe, especially since I've come across about just as many viewers that prefer 2D over 3D to the opposite of such. If anything, the 2D version may be out in the same theater longer due to other films moving into the 3D-equipped rooms. Just like jdnation pointed out, Revelations has to also worry about if there'll be a slot for it to fit in, I guess regardless of if it's a very prime time for it to be released. My hope is that it makes it to an IMAX theater in addition to the 3D. Haven't seen one on a screen that big in forever.
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
WelcomeToNowhere
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by WelcomeToNowhere »

^Oh, good! 3D sucks so much, but an IMax screening? THAT sounds cool! 360 degrees of awesome! ^-^

@Yuki: Depending on the day, it either causes headaches (ranging in severity from "wow that's annoying" to "holyshitmakeitstopjesushchristhimself"), nausea, blurring vision, and one time when I saw a 3D movie at Epcot, it made me throw up, so none of my experiences have ever really gone "well," you could say.
Aerith Gainsborough
Historical Society Historian

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

^I've never been to an IMax theater. How are they? If they're pleasant than I may sought out one and watch it there!
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

It's not impossible that Revelation may be borderline 3D exclusive. Underworld: Awakening did that, with only 1-2 2D showings per day at each theater, usually in the morning hours. Considering it's been less than a month since Awakening was released and it's made a crapload of money, studios are probably going to start imitating its 3D exclusiveness.
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

I would not recommend paying the money to see a movie that was not shot in IMAX on IMAX. Sure it's bigger, but not worth the higher price of admission as you wouldn't really get that much out of it, except maybe for the sound if they catered that to IMAX.

That said they'll reserve IMAX for films that benefit form it, are bigger, and of course I doubt the producers are going to spend money to create expensive IMAX prints either...

Noe D-Box seats can be fun, like rumble in your controller, but they cost a lot too!
wonder's boy

Post by wonder's boy »

Got a point. Just saying, though...that it would be cool. :|
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

"next week, I’m back to Toronto for a few days to supervise the final delivery of Silent Hill to the producers…"
http://michaeljbassett.wordpress.com/20 ... hats-next/

Sounds like the film will be fully completed by the end of next week. Wonder if the producers will have any word for him then as to when they intend to release it. I'm still placing my bets around the Fall of this year.
Aerith Gainsborough

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

^Yay for more progress! I'd love to hear some word back from the producers as soon as possible! Fall's a pretty good time, though I do want it the sooner the better.
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
wonder's boy

Post by wonder's boy »

I'm betting for fall as well. I love a good autumn time horror film. Gets me in the mood for dreary winter weather.
Hometown
Hope House Careworker

Post by Hometown »

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Jan or Feb of next year; seems to be the "dumping" period for studios.
[img]http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/5659/sig6ku.gif[/img]
wonder's boy

Post by wonder's boy »

^ That might not be too far off... I guess we'll at least know for sure sometime this year. Some people on the fb fan page believe we'll see a trailer in the next few months or so, maybe sooner, since Bassett is presenting the film to the producers soon.
WelcomeToNowhere
Brookhaven Receptionist

I don't want a Jan/Feb '13 release! I really don't! I'd like to view this movie as soon as it can physically be sent to theaters, cause I've been waiting for this for five years already. I don't wanna have to wait six to get to see it... :(
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

Blog update: Bassett has no idea what's going on with Revelation. Only the producers know, and they're not telling him or anyone else anything.
http://michaeljbassett.wordpress.com/20 ... kane-news/
stitchedlamb
Just Passing Through

Post by stitchedlamb »

JKristine35 wrote:Blog update: Bassett has no idea what's going on with Revelation. Only the producers know, and they're not telling him or anyone else anything.
http://michaeljbassett.wordpress.com/20 ... kane-news/
...Is that a common situation in the industry? I mean, I know next to nothing about how movies are made so maybe I'm wrong, but I would think the director being completely in the dark about the status of their film isn't a good sign.
CrypticIdentity
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by CrypticIdentity »

According to previous comments Bassett has made, nothing's "common" or "standard" for the movie industry (this was in response to a question back in Nov/Dec, I believe, of why a release date hadn't been placed yet, when most movies seem to have a release date set well in advance of their production period, even). But I think it's pretty clear that the producers are just dragging their feet at this point. We can conjecture as to why, but it probably won't end with anyone happy, and ultimately, we can't know for sure until some statement is released or something.
WelcomeToNowhere
Brookhaven Receptionist

^ ಠ_ಠ

I now have another thing to add to the Anger and Rage PIYC 8.0 thread. Fuck those slow-ass producers.
Progmetty
Just Passing Through

Post by Progmetty »

WelcomeToNowhere wrote:Fuck those slow-ass producers.
With every melee weapon to ever have been use in a Silent Hill game.
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

Progmetty wrote:
WelcomeToNowhere wrote:Fuck those slow-ass producers.
With every melee weapon to ever have been use in a Silent Hill game.
Does that include the great knife? :D
WelcomeToNowhere
Brookhaven Receptionist

^Are you kidding? I'm saving the best for last! And the Great Knife is the best! ;)

Also, I'm gonna Hadouken the fuck outta them!

HADOOOOOUUUUUKEEENNNNNNNNN!
CrypticIdentity
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by CrypticIdentity »

Bassett made a short reference to the movie in his blog a few days ago. No new info about release, but he did mention that having some distance from the film reminded him how much he enjoyed making it.

I haven't been paying too much attention to the comments, but I'm guessing that the number of "TRAILER?!1!?1!?1/1/!" comments have died down, which also must be nice.