SH2: Pyramid Head chase on hard mode

Stuck in a Silent Hill game? Seems like there's no way out? Seek help here...

Moderator: Moderators

Augophthalmoses
My Bestsellers Clerk

Re: SH2: Pyramid Head chase on hard mode

Post by Augophthalmoses »

You don't even need the guns for the final PH boss fight because that one is timed. All you have to do is avoid their attacks and eventually their kill themselves. Of course, the time needed for this to happen increases as you go higher up on difficulty levels. The first PH fight in the apartments is also timed.

Also, you doing something wrong if you need to use forty handgun rounds for that part of the Alternate Brookhaven segment. It shouldn't even take thirty rounds. You also have to make sure you don't accidentally cap Maria in the process.
Butcher Incarnate
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Butcher Incarnate »

Augophthalmoses wrote:You don't even need the guns for the final PH boss fight because that one is timed. All you have to do is avoid their attacks and eventually their kill themselves. Of course, the time needed for this to happen increases as you go higher up on difficulty levels. The first PH fight in the apartments is also timed.

Also, you doing something wrong if you need to use forty handgun rounds for that part of the Alternate Brookhaven segment. It shouldn't even take thirty rounds. You also have to make sure you don't accidentally cap Maria in the process.
I wasn't talking about the final PH fight , I was talking about the fight with mary, its not exactly 40 More like 30 but its somewhere, and besides you can avoid monsters in street easily and at the end you'll still have plenty of ammo at least I did, without the the bullet adjustment
When Death Comes, It Comes For All.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

It's still entirely unnecessary to unload on r.p.t. more than twice. You can probably get away with shooting it five times apiece, at the beginning and through the fence.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Augophthalmoses
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Augophthalmoses »

At most you should only have to PH three times in that segment. You can get away with two, but three just adds more safety padding. At most you shouldn't exceed sixteen rounds if you know what you're doing.

However, it doesn't really matter as long as you get though that section in one piece.
sh#1fan
Historical Society Historian

Post by sh#1fan »

uh~

Am I the only one here that just runs and makes it every time (well almost every time lmao) on hard mode?
Idk what to say.. I have never herd of this shooting him to slow him down.. or getting between him and maria.
Just know the layout, run and dont hit walls. maria can take 2 hits, on the 3rd she dies. thats more then enough time to make it.
oO?
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Not on hard difficulty, it's not.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Butcher Incarnate
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Yea maybe on normal she does, when I first played on normal I just ran and she took about 2 -3 hits and I made it to the end.
sh#1fan

Post by sh#1fan »

guys i'm seriously~

Been playing the HD collection on HARD/EXTRA going for green hyper spray... got a 9.7 out of 10 :evil: but whatever i'll try again today lol

I have had no problems at all runing from PH, BUT here are something that might be killing you.
yes you run, but it does not have to be as fast as you possibly can. If you get to far ahead of maria she will just stop and let PH kill her... make sure maria is always in your sights... uh... thats all i can think of lol
If i knew how to make movies i would post it on how to do it... but honestly you dont need to shoot him, or glich him, or whatever.
oO?
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

The HD collection might be different. However, it's impossible to just run in the other versions.

And, seriously, stop prefacing every post with "uh~" or "guys seriously~". It's obnoxious.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

Have you played the Hard mode?? Pymie is is lethal in that difficulty and he killed me a couple of times in all my encounters with him... In hard mode Pymie walks almost as fast as you run, also his attacks are fatal; I just played Hard mode once and i remember the game turned frustrating in the PH moments...
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Guys, he's seriously~

#1shfan was probably playing on hard riddle mode.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
sh#1fan

Post by sh#1fan »

The Adversary wrote:The HD collection might be different. However, it's impossible to just run in the other versions.

And, seriously, stop prefacing every post with "uh~" or "guys seriously~". It's obnoxious.
In a shoping Kart :shock: ?~

1rst off that preface thing or whatever you want to call it is just my thing, if you don't like it TS its just somthing random I do at the begining of each post
2cnd i did not say "Guys seriously" i said "guys i'm seriously" it's a quote that Eric Cartman on southpark says all the time :roll:
3rd
I run from PH on hard-hard/extra ALL THE FUCKING TIME on ALL VERSIONS of the game. Ps2, Ps2 greatist hits, Xbox and now X360 SH: HDC ect... the only version of the game i dont have is the PC version.. so if your playing that then there is somthing wrong THAT version of the game because all other versions work just fine (well not HD lol)
4th I was Just trying to help... If your not going for the green hyper spray (wich I finally got yesterday :D ) then by all meens take 45 min and have ph push you to the end :roll: I dont care.
I was just trying to HELP and saying that YES you can RUN from him on HARD and YES it WORKS I do it everytime (once in a while i will hit a wall and maria dies, but not very often)
I offerd advice that mabey the people who are having trouble with this might be going "TO FAST" and to keep maria in your sights or she will stop following you and let PH rape her.
IT CAN BE DONE ON HARD NORMAL OR EASY

Oh and the only thing about the HD collection thats "Different" is its a big Cluster F#$@ of gliches and the most horrendous voice overs ever :evil:
getting the green hyper spray is near impossible with the game freezing every 10 min and since you can only save 2 times as 1 of the requirements it makes it really anyoing
oO?
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

I find it highly questionable that you're the only person I've ever see seen insist that it is possible to run from Pyramid Head on hard mode. I've tried countless times myself and even when I've been flawless it has never made a difference. Therefore, I'm calling bullshit until you can prove your claim.
Butcher Incarnate
Cafe5to2 Waitress

^agreed. I tried that for over an hour and the farthest I could make it was to 2nd turn.
sh#1fan

Post by sh#1fan »

Ryantology wrote:I find it highly questionable that you're the only person I've ever see seen insist that it is possible to run from Pyramid Head on hard mode. I've tried countless times myself and even when I've been flawless it has never made a difference. Therefore, I'm calling bullshit until you can prove your claim.
fine call bullshit... YAY
no I can't prove it, nor do I care too.
try this, Run as fast as you can until you get to the fence part where the fence/wall thing is on the left side (james' right). you know its there, but can't really see it.. by now maria should have taken 2 hits. STOP... yes STOP right before the camra angle changes. If you were going as fast as you can ^like you say^ Maria will NOT be behind you. Thats why you STOP and wait untill you see her come around the corner. Once you see her run around the corner (remember you should be in the hall with James facing the camera and the fence/wall thing to his right the cameras left) start running again, around the corner now if you did it right you should see Maria on the other side of the fence with ph right behind her. dont stop just keep running to the end.
NOTE: sometimes on the very last corner maria will take a 3rd hit, but it will not kill her. mabey a glich? idk but if she takes a 3rd hit anytime before that she will die.

Thats the best I can do... if it does not help... meh
oO?
Butcher Incarnate
Cafe5to2 Waitress

sh#1fan wrote:
Ryantology wrote:I find it highly questionable that you're the only person I've ever see seen insist that it is possible to run from Pyramid Head on hard mode. I've tried countless times myself and even when I've been flawless it has never made a difference. Therefore, I'm calling bullshit until you can prove your claim.
fine call bullshit... YAY
no I can't prove it, nor do I care too.
try this, Run as fast as you can until you get to the fence part where the fence/wall thing is on the left side (james' right). you know its there, but can't really see it.. by now maria should have taken 2 hits. STOP... yes STOP right before the camra angle changes. If you were going as fast as you can ^like you say^ Maria will NOT be behind you. Thats why you STOP and wait untill you see her come around the corner. Once you see her run around the corner (remember you should be in the hall with James facing the camera and the fence/wall thing to his right the cameras left) start running again, around the corner now if you did it right you should see Maria on the other side of the fence with ph right behind her. dont stop just keep running to the end.
NOTE: sometimes on the very last corner maria will take a 3rd hit, but it will not kill her. mabey a glich? idk but if she takes a 3rd hit anytime before that she will die.

Thats the best I can do... if it does not help... meh
No I highly doubt it, she usually dies before you get the hall with the fence I tried a whole lot and no it doesn't happen
sh#1fan

Post by sh#1fan »

well.. I'm sorry. I truly am sorry. I don't know how else to help. This might sound crazy but try to see how far you can walk that part before maria dies.. you should be able to get way past the second corner.. in fact i will go try that
another thing you can try is don't start running as soon as you come out of the door. start running after you go around the first corner.

EDIT:
OMFG kk I think I can help for reezzile this time.
While messing around I tried just walking and you can get to the corner where where the fence starts, but whatever
Go into options and change from 3d controlls to 2d controlls. I did that and ran the entire thing without maria ever taking a hit. it was so awsome, i'm going to swich to 2d for that part from now on.

EDIT part 2... lmao
NEVER MIND don't try the 2d controll thing... maria just died 10 times in a row on me :shock:
LMAO I have no idea how I did it that first time... but I can't do it again... sorry
oO?
Fevered Dream
Gravedigger

Post by Fevered Dream »

^ Two options are possible. Either it was a glitch or you're a BIG FAT LIAR! The only way I've been able to do it (on Hard Mode) is the handgun method, and I, too, tried the running method numerous times with varying degrees of success, but have never, ever, made it to the elevator before Maria got skewered.

Perhaps (in your case) Maria and PH were bumping uglies out of sight while you ran and that's why she never got hit.
Bitch, don't kill my vibe.
sh#1fan

Post by sh#1fan »

yes thats me BIG FAT LIAR :roll: Thats why i'm still trying to help.
If you need to shoot him or get between him and maria or whatever you do to get past the part then do it.
Yes you can run from ph on hard w/o maria dying. If i knew how to take a video of it, and post it online I would.
oO?
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

Since you're making a claim you can't prove and nobody else has ever shown to be possible (which is a pretty major thing considering there are people in this very thread who have vast experience with the game and have tried many, many times to do it), what you're doing is pretty much the opposite of help. In fact, it comes across like you're hijacking the thread just to pretend you're better than everybody else. So, if you can't prove that it's possible, it's of no help to anyone and there is no purpose in you mentioning it in this thread.