Which Ending Was Your Favorite? *SPOILERS AHEAD*

Murphy's been a bad boy ...

Moderator: Moderators

Oddish
Rosewater Park Attendant

Re: Which Ending Was Your Favorite? *SPOILERS AHEAD*

Post by Oddish »

I'm not sure about C, but I'm pretty sure he finished him off in D. However, in D, Napier was not guilty of young Charlie's death. Murphy probably killed him for ratting him out or something.

I agree that B, since it features a more violent Murphy, should have had him kill Napier, though not Frank.
[url=http://www.silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=14918&start=0]See the SH2 Endings that WEREN'T chosen[/url]
Yuki
Historical Society Historian

Post by Yuki »

Oddish wrote:I'm not sure about C, but I'm pretty sure he finished him off in D. However, in D, Napier was not guilty of young Charlie's death. Murphy probably killed him for ratting him out or something.

I agree that B, since it features a more violent Murphy, should have had him kill Napier, though not Frank.
If I remember correctly, D only has someone else state that Murphy killed Napier. Since chances are Napier wasn't arrested for Charlie's murder--instead for other ones--Murphy was probably falsely accused.

How is B a more-violent Murphy? He doesn't kill Anne, nor anyone else, that I can remember.
Oddish
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Oddish »

QUOTE: How is B a more-violent Murphy? He doesn't kill Anne, nor anyone else, that I can remember.

I've heard two sources about how a player secures Ending B. One stated that it was the result of good moral choices (trying to save Anne, consoling the tour guide) but killing an excessive number of monsters (like in "Origins"). The other stated that uit was the result of evil moral choices, but not killing Anne at the end.
[url=http://www.silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=14918&start=0]See the SH2 Endings that WEREN'T chosen[/url]
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

Oddish wrote:QUOTE: How is B a more-violent Murphy? He doesn't kill Anne, nor anyone else, that I can remember.

I've heard two sources about how a player secures Ending B. One stated that it was the result of good moral choices (trying to save Anne, consoling the tour guide) but killing an excessive number of monsters (like in "Origins"). The other stated that uit was the result of evil moral choices, but not killing Anne at the end.
The second method is how I got that ending.
Aerith Gainsborough

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

B is definitely not more violent, at least not in my case. I did the same as Kiramid. I did all the moral choices, but killed lots of monsters. It sounds like most people. It's normal to defend yourself when threatened against monsters...
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
Oddish
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Oddish »

Agreed. I killed 50 or so, but I made good choices, and I got the A ending. Which suited me fine. It's like "Leave" in SH2: maybe not exactly happy, but about the best you can hope for in a real world.

By the way, I read somewhere that Mary is in "Surprise", but I didn't see her anywhere. I saw James, Laura, Heather, Pyramid Head, and most of the characters from Downpour, but not Mary. Was she there?
wonder's boy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by wonder's boy »

I don't know who all is present during the comedy ending, but I did see those you listed, including some Downpour characters, some SH2 nurses, and someone/something else, but I don't know if it was Mary or not.

The Forgiveness scenario was my first achieved and favorite ending, though it could've been a bit more satisfying if longer somehow. The length just made me feel cut-off abruptly as a player, where ending B at least elaborated some, but because it had a reason to. Of course forgiveness was certainly conclusive for the main Anne/Murphy conflict, optimistic as well, but just slightly too brief. I don't know what else they could've included to make it seem less hurried, though.
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
Luotka Snih
Just Passing Through

Post by Luotka Snih »

I think I'm the only one which favorite ending was C. Sure, I felt horrible for Murphy's fate, but there's something of this ending that's intriguing and mysterious. Then, I'll have to choose B and Reversal.
I actually disliked A too much, it's was WAY a "they lived happy ever after" ending.
Aerith Gainsborough

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

^I didn't like A simply because it was very cut and dry. I think B had way more going on for it, which is why it's my favorite. A was like, "I saved your ass, so you better go. I'm gonna stand here at the lake." Boring.
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
Oddish
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Oddish »

I agree with you, Aura. Since we never see him finish/not finish Napier, I think that he did indeed kill him in Ending C (I don't think anything was said either way). Probably in D as well, though not to avenge Charlie's death. Napier probably crossed him some way.

Again, Ending B is the odd ending out, the one that makes no real sense. Given Murphy's violent and/or antisocial behavior, it would make far more sense that he would have at least killed Napier.

A more sensible turn of events would have been for it to be revealed that Murphy did indeed kill Napier, though not Frank, and had it end with Anne arresting him instead of turning him loose, explaiing that he still had to answer for what he did. In other words, a less happy ending for him, but not as bad as C or D.

As for Sewell, I think that his fate would have been best determined seperately, through a side quest. If Murphy succeeds at the side quest, he finds a piece of evidence (a security videotape, maybe). If he achieves either A or B, he gives it to Anne, and Sewell is brought to justice. If he doesn't recover it, either Sewell goes unpunished, or Anne executes him (and is presumably ruined as a result). Kind of like the ending of the game Heavy Rain, which spliced together various cinematics about the fate of various characters.
Kawwah85
Just Passing Through

Post by Kawwah85 »

I vote for the Surprise ending.
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
It was awesome to see James, the nurses and Pyramid head at Murpheys party. lol
taketheworlddown
Just Passing Through

Post by taketheworlddown »

@Oddish
By the way, I read somewhere that Mary is in "Surprise", but I didn't see her anywhere. I saw James, Laura, Heather, Pyramid Head, and most of the characters from Downpour, but not Mary. Was she there?
Yes, she is definitely there. Funnily enough, she's not standing next to James but is the furthest away from him haha, guess she still keeps her distance.

This is the YouTube video -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ipq5objR ... re=related

You can pause it and see.

TTWD
Lahkesis
Just Passing Through

Post by Lahkesis »

A. Call me a sap, but I like game endings that are completely happy.
HenryJones
Just Passing Through

Post by HenryJones »

I actually like the ending where you don't win the final confrontation. Yeah, it's the kind of ending normally reserved for a not particularly great Twilight Zone/Outer Limits episode, but it seems to ring most true with continuing the cycle of vengeance (Though Murphy himself continuing it as the police officer is kind of odd. Guess he has nobody else to do it since his wife left him and his son is dead). It's the ending that felt most right with the game, I guess.
I see dead people. Then again, my dad IS a mortician....
RinoTheBouncer
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by RinoTheBouncer »

B was my first ending and it's my most favorite. I also love the Secret Surprise Ending and the Reversal Ending because this one was totally new and unexpected and it has a deep meaning too (She killed somebody who didn't do anything).

I think the "I've got somewhere I gotta be" from ending B means that he wants to go back and confront his wife and get her back or maybe just visit his son's grave.
Lahkesis wrote:A. Call me a sap, but I like game endings that are completely happy.
Me too :)

I think after all the struggle throughout Silent Hill, there's gotta be a light of hope in the end not another eternal doom.

I just wished that the A ending had more to say than that, like a few more minutes longer.
Kawwah85 wrote:I vote for the Surprise ending.
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
It was awesome to see James, the nurses and Pyramid head at Murpheys party. lol
I loved this one as well! it's like 100000000 times much better than a UFO coming with alien confessing to be the pedophile who kidnapped Charlie lol :P

I just wish that Alex Shepherd, Harry Mason, Travis Grady and more characters would've appeared but I guess they made only the ones from SH2 n SH3 appear cuz of the SH HD Collection.
AuraTwilight wrote:Then I guess Ending A should've cut away to Sewell getting hit by a car. C'mon, SOMETHING.
This!
Aerith Gainsborough wrote:Personally, my favorite ending was B. It was actually my first ending, as well. I liked how Murphy and Anne each got justice in the ending, and were able to finally see the truth and be able to be on good terms. Murphy got justice from his guilt, and Anne got to find out the truth about the death of her father and confront the killer. Ending A was all right, but it ended a bit short for me.
My thoughts exactly.
Twitter: @RinoTheBouncer | www.rinothebouncer.com | Instagram: @RinoTheBouncer
Oddish
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Oddish »

I actually consider "Reversal" to be more a "cool way to die" ending than an actual ending.

And yes, I finally did see Mary, over with the nurses.
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

A and B are my favorites, with C a close second. Those two come in first because they both provide the most amount of closure to the story. I can't choose on over the other because they both have elements I love. A has Anne faking Murphy's death, while B has that badass part with Anne walking down the prison hallway that we saw in the trailer. C is second because I love the concept of Murphy fucking up and getting stuck in SH.
RinoTheBouncer
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by RinoTheBouncer »

Why does the Reversal ending have no trophy?
Twitter: @RinoTheBouncer | www.rinothebouncer.com | Instagram: @RinoTheBouncer
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

^Probably because it's more of an easter egg than anything.
Luotka Snih
Just Passing Through

Post by Luotka Snih »

yeah, it's like an game over with cool cutscene