Should I make the purchase?

Ten years after the original game and Harry's still searching for his daughter.

Moderator: Moderators

NanayaShiki
SHH Cult & SHHF Moderator
SHH Cult & SHHF Moderator

Post by NanayaShiki »

As long as they don't suck to the point of being distracting (compared to what they should look like) or have horrible glitches, graphics don't matter to me. Shattered Memories on PS2 doesn't look as good as on the Wii, but it still looks good. I have no problems with my PS2 version.
Bluebolt77
Just Passing Through

Post by Bluebolt77 »

In answer to the original post I just finished watching a Let's Play of it and I'd definitely recommend picking it up. I'm a big fan of the psychological aspect and it does it well in my opinion.
Let Silent Hill purify you.
Mr.FLOOT
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Mr.FLOOT »

Well I bought my version for the PSP first, because that version came out in the UK long before the Wii version did.

But i got it for Wii as i got one for xmas and I have to say the Wii version is the best version to play.

In terms of buying it, if you really aren't sure, rent it! That way you get a feel for the game and you don't spend that much on it. So rent it first. If you like it, buy it, if not then don't.

But I love the game!
clips
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by clips »

I'd say buy it, it's fairly cheap and it's a solid entry for the franchise. It also gave the series a fresh new concept in the mental evaluation aspect of the game, even tho i felt most of the changes involved were mostly cosmetic.

Interesting storyline and the whole thing wraps up nicely at the end. I have the ps2 version and you can't really go wrong there....both games look very similar to each other....if i had a choice i would take the ps2 version anyway strickly because i love the ps controllers....
Matt S
Gravedigger

Post by Matt S »

Ok, I broke down at got this on the PSP.....an excellent looking port....controls for it are also excellent.....and its in the 16:9 format....which is probably a 'fake' 16:9 on the ps2
RIP Silent Hills
paladin181
Subway Guard

Post by paladin181 »

I wasn't a fan of it. It's a must play. I HAD to play it. But you know, I can live without it now that it's over. Homecoming was far superior IMO.
=====================================================
|.My Avatar is larger than yours because I'm a cult subscriber.|
=====================================================
Fevered Dream
Gravedigger

Post by Fevered Dream »

^ Agreed. If your a big fan of the series then you may fell compelled to play it, but it's definitely not the best in the series. Doesn't matter you've probably made up your mind by now lol.
Bitch, don't kill my vibe.
Lynch

Post by Lynch »

Eh...just buy it, its worth it and you wont regret it
McG
Just Passing Through

Post by McG »

Lynch wrote:Eh...just buy it, its worth it and you wont regret it
I did buy it and I regretted it. I've owned every Silent Hill game and this was the only one I gave up on after one sitting.
Oddish
Rosewater Park Attendant

Re: Should I make the purchase?

Post by Oddish »

I consider this one a Rent But Don't Buy sort of game, unless you can get in in a bargain bin. The relatively linear nature of the game, plus the lack of combat (Silent Hill without killing is just wrong, I think) ensures that it's good for a few days' entertainment, maybe more if you have trouble with the puzzles.
[url=http://www.silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=14918&start=0]See the SH2 Endings that WEREN'T chosen[/url]
Butcher Incarnate
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Butcher Incarnate »

If I were you I would just buy it, that way you can add it to the collection and besides the game is just amazing in plot,twists,I never seen the wii graphics but the ps2 graphics don't look that bad, they're decent. I highly recomend this game.
plus the lack of combat (Silent Hill without killing is just wrong, I think)
If you think about it goes perfectly with the story.
When Death Comes, It Comes For All.
Aerith Gainsborough
Historical Society Historian

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

^Please refrain from bumping threads where the author has been inactive for quite some time. They most likely won't reply to your post, and since this thread is over two years old, the author has probably already made a decision regarding the purchase of this game.
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
Oddish
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Oddish »

Oops. Sorry. :oops:
[url=http://www.silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=14918&start=0]See the SH2 Endings that WEREN'T chosen[/url]