SH3 help last boss...

Stuck in a Silent Hill game? Seems like there's no way out? Seek help here...

Moderator: Moderators

Silent Smiffy
Cafe5to2 Waitress

SH3 help last boss...

Post by Silent Smiffy »

right i am on hard and have like 20-25 bulets with pistol and like 6-8 with shotgun but then i run out and btw i have no health packs or anything now i have to melee boss but i just cant help?
Snake. We're not tools of the government, or anyone else. Fighting was the only thing... the only thing I was good at. But... at least I always fought for what I believed in.
Mis Krist.
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mis Krist. »

I'm going to give some slightly unhelpful advice, because you sound beyond-screwed IMHO:

Start over and conserve your bullets like a mofo. If it's a file you've already cleared you can adjust the amount of bullets you get--SAVE them like precious, precious candies.

Cheat codes. If you can use them.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
Silent Smiffy
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Silent Smiffy »

wtf lol i tried so hard... im playing sh2 and im doing really wel, 150 shotgun bullets but i gathered i was screwed just my luck and btw one save file i know i know..
Snake. We're not tools of the government, or anyone else. Fighting was the only thing... the only thing I was good at. But... at least I always fought for what I believed in.
Ashmodean
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Ashmodean »

I had the same problem of running out of ammo and having no health items but I managed to kill the boss with the sword. I can't remember the exact mechanics of the fight but I htink I just ran around dodging teh flames and whenever it put it's head down i jsut ran up and slashed it a couple of times. Didn't take as long as I thought it would either.
crucifix

Post by crucifix »

there's a strategy i've copied to beat the god... it has never failed me. i wrote this for the extreme mode so it's a little different on easy/normal.
crucifix wrote:start off by shooting the god with the handgun three times until it comes down. then attack it with two or three hits from the katana and quickly turn, get back outside the semicircle. this will prevent the god from creating fire until its health is low. do this about five times, which is when the fire becomes very fast. run to the back of the room. shoot the god thrice (handgun still) to make it go down, shoot it twice in the head and right after the second shot, strafe to the other side of the room. avoid the second line of flames with another strafe. if it's timed right you shouldn't take any damage at all. repeat the two shots & strafe until it's dead. end of game.
instead of shooting it once you're out of bullets, attack with the katana. there's a spot on the side of the god's head you can stand where it can't hit you... i can't remember where exactly, so experiment. this will be considerably more difficult without any health items, but give it a shot.
no longer active. thanks for the memories.
Silent Smiffy
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Silent Smiffy »

thank you just like the enemies around the last part of the game are really fast and i couldnt help but shoot them lol
Harrys_Girl

Post by Harrys_Girl »

They are fast.

I did the same thing. I still do everytime I play. I am on extreme hard X 7 and it just gets worse. My first play through I died.... a lot against the final boss. Hell I still can not beat it. I hand the controller off to my sister.

I can play through the whole game no problem, but that final jump is too much. But my sister figured out if you use only melee weapons (she favors the Katana) the god can not do the whole ring of fire on your ass. Just head butt you and swip at ya. My sister usually makes Heather stand to the left of the giant head and swings til the cows come home.
works for her everytime. And my first play through I had one ampule and like two health drinks.

Well good luck.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Please observe the dates before replying to them.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Harrys_Girl

Post by Harrys_Girl »

To Mockingbird:
All the dates are the same to me. They all say date replied, Jan, 14 2005. the date I joined.The date never changes for any reply, for any post on any thread. My mistake if this post has been closed for sometime.
michinobu_zoned
Just Passing Through

Difficulty?

Post by michinobu_zoned »

Ashmodean wrote:I had the same problem of running out of ammo and having no health items but I managed to kill the boss with the sword. I can't remember the exact mechanics of the fight but I htink I just ran around dodging teh flames and whenever it put it's head down i jsut ran up and slashed it a couple of times. Didn't take as long as I thought it would either.
What was your difficulty set on?

If you have the PC version, you can always download the "trainer" they have out there. But, you need to run it with the "no-CD" crack.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Please observe the dates before replying to them.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Ashmodean
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Ashmodean »

What was your difficulty set on?

If you have the PC version, you can always download the "trainer" they have out there. But, you need to run it with the "no-CD" crack.
It was either on normal or hard. The only videogame I've ever played on easy in the last 10 years was guitar hero.
nowhere
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by nowhere »

I hope you beat that boss.
If not you hato to start again and remember save bullets and do different saves.
http://p2.foorumi.info/silenthillsuomi/index.php

silent hill forum in finland
Esperandote
Just Passing Through

Re: SH3 help last boss...

Post by Esperandote »

I'm currently stuck in this same predicament right now on the HD collection. I used to be really good at beating this guy (gal?), but I've never checked the official strategy for beating it anywhere and I was wondering if there was something that I don't know about. Such as, I've been experimenting with the fire she throws out and it seems to affect her in some way if I can manage to steer it back at her. She makes a growling sound right when the fire hits her, but I'm not sure if it actually damages her or not.

The way I always fought the boss before was by putting the movement controls on 2D mode, which would make it really easy to run in figure 8s to dodge the fire. This worked perfectly before, but this time I want to see if I can actually beat the boss without doing that, but unfortunately I have no more healing items and only two clips for the Handgun and Submachine Gun, each. The ammo isn't enough to kill the boss, so I definitely need to use a melee weapon. I'm sure I can do this, because it's only on normal mode, it's just very difficult without healing items. Thus, I came here to see if there was some neat trick (like turning the fire back on itself) that I never knew about that could make it easier on me.
SAIRENT HIRU no uta minna de utaou!
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

^ I always used a firearm and when God goes down, with the face on the floor, I'd hit it with the katana.

Works everytime for me but depends on the difficulty. For example, I only tryed such tactic on easy and medium.

I see you used the edit function... Well, since you're without bullets or healing items then this is going to be tough. But it's possible. Heather can block, no? Exploit that and run when necessary.
Esperandote
Just Passing Through

Post by Esperandote »

Yeah, I was shooting it down, then jabbing with the katana, but I wasn't fast enough to avoid the fire. I got tired and gave up because it was really late last night when I was playing, but I'll try that again today.
Butcher Incarnate
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Butcher Incarnate »

Since this topic was revived, I'll add what I did, I beat the game on normal and only managed to get the light saber and I only used that weapon to kill almost everything except the bosses and the pendelums(sorry if its spelled wrong) I ignored those annoying basterds, but still was forced to use the guns every once in a while, but at the end still managed to save quite a bit, but they weren't enough to kill it, so I restarted back to the save point and shot at it till it got down and hit it with the maul once and ran away before it smacked me, it took awhile but managed to kill it.. The fire is real easy to avoid just out run it and run the oppisite way ,real simple.
When Death Comes, It Comes For All.
Esperandote
Just Passing Through

Post by Esperandote »

I used my original strategy of changing the movement to 2d and I beat it. I did the shoot twice, then run in and melee strategy.