Secret and hidden otherworlds

Murphy's been a bad boy ...

Moderator: Moderators

Hydra666
My Bestsellers Clerk

Secret and hidden otherworlds

Post by Hydra666 »

Hi. I was on my second downpour playthrough and once I was in the surgery room in St-Maria's, instead of scanning a screamer I tried to directly grab the key from the screamer's belly but I searched the wrong screamer.

Then the place turned into an otherworld that looked like a fancy version of SH2's prison with giant X-Ray pictures on the walls. I thought it was cool since I never expected this at all. But once I killed a screamer, the world came back to normal.

Is there any other stuff like this?
Glenn
Gravedigger

Re: Secret and hidden otherworlds

Post by Glenn »

I didn't know you could scan them before going for the belly. I don't know if its a different otherworld or what, but it was one of my favorite and most surprising moments of the game.

Also it was weird how you could move the screamers even after you get the key. I wasn't sure if I had to do a puzzle with those carts.
wonder's boy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by wonder's boy »

It's most likely a cool way of the game saying, "Hey, you got it wrong this time, try again...or you'll get transported here and have to kill another screaming hag..." I loved this kind of stuff in Downpour. All the reality-shifting really quenched my Otherworldly craves.
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

Does getting caught by one of the police cars count?
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Hydra666
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Hydra666 »

Nah, I'm talking about really unexpected stuff.
wonder's boy

Post by wonder's boy »

Well, to be fair, the police car shifting the world like that was really unexpected at first, even if it didn't take you to a new place altogether.
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
EmilietheStrange
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by EmilietheStrange »

I'm not sure if this is hidden or a required trip, but at the very beginning of the orphanage level, my axe broke in the middle of destroying a boarded up doorway. I looked all over for another one, and finally examined a book shelf. Upon pushing it to the side, it revealed a hallway that was in the other world.

At the end of the hall, red curtains closed, giving me a shadow view of the Bogeyman killing somebody. When they opened, they revealed a room with a corpse in the middle that had an axe stuck in its back. Upon taking it, the room momentarily went dark and several dolls appeared.

I've only played through the game once so far, so I have no idea if your axe will always break during that part or not.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

I think that part's required.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Glenn
Gravedigger

Post by Glenn »

EmilietheStrange wrote:I'm not sure if this is hidden or a required trip, but at the very beginning of the orphanage level, my axe broke in the middle of destroying a boarded up doorway. I looked all over for another one, and finally examined a book shelf. Upon pushing it to the side, it revealed a hallway that was in the other world.

At the end of the hall, red curtains closed, giving me a shadow view of the Bogeyman killing somebody. When they opened, they revealed a room with a corpse in the middle that had an axe stuck in its back. Upon taking it, the room momentarily went dark and several dolls appeared.

I've only played through the game once so far, so I have no idea if your axe will always break during that part or not.
When you leave the room full of dolls and escape through the narrow hallway, that passageway becomes blocked and an axe will respawn at the blocked point.
clips

Post by clips »

I never experienced that segement in St. Mary's...when i got to that room. It was kinda obvious that you had to use the x-ray machine for the screamers....heh on my next play through, i'll purposely pick the wrong screamer to experience this otherworld sequence.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

I was the same as Clips. I found the key in the right Screamer via X-ray, and it took me a few minutes to figure out that I had to dig my hand in there.
Calamity

Post by Calamity »

I did experience that little Saint Mary's otherworld and thought it was clever. Before I realized the scanner was part of the the puzzle I just started shoving Murphy's hand into Screamer bellies and messed it up. :P
Silent Fantasy

Post by Silent Fantasy »

^ I messed up like 3 times searching for the key, yet all they ever did was scream at me then lie back down. No attacking and no otherworld shift. :/
WARNING: Some Parts of Reality May Seem Violent or Cruel.
Hydra666
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Hydra666 »

You have to search the wrong screamer in order to trigger the otherworld (the first of the 3 ones in my case)
Calamity

Post by Calamity »

^Mhmm! It was the first one of three for me as well that triggered it. After that I realized I could push the carts into the scanner and then solved the puzzle properly.
Silent Fantasy

Post by Silent Fantasy »

I searched all 3 of them in a derp moment though. Still nothing.
WARNING: Some Parts of Reality May Seem Violent or Cruel.
JuriDawn
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by JuriDawn »

I think there's just a certain probability that factors in. When I first played, it was the second screamer I searched that triggered the scene. Try going back and searching them repeatedly.
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

I don't know if this counts, but also in the orphanage:
There's a small playground that you have to go through. There's a tire swing that switches to a dead body and back every time you look away and then back at it. It was so cool when I noticed that.