Regarding HD Collection patch.

Stuck in a Silent Hill game? Seems like there's no way out? Seek help here...

Moderator: Moderators

Biccard
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Regarding HD Collection patch.

Post by Biccard »

I couldn't find anything about this, so I figured I'd start a new thread since it seems that this might also be a big issue later on.

So my question is, I live in Europe (UK/PAL region) and I bought the US version of Downpour and HD Collection online because I couldn't wait a second longer for the european release! I hear there's a patch out for the HD Collection, fixing framerate drop and out-of-sync subs and speech. My game does not come up and tell there's an update. So how do I get this update? Will I simply never get it, because I have an american version in Europe?? :cry: :cry: :cry:
Aerith Gainsborough
Historical Society Historian

Re: Regarding HD Collection patch.

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

Moved your topic to "Daddy...Help me!" since it fits more appropriately with your issue.
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
Biccard
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Biccard »

Oh, right, sorry. :)
Anyone?
Typographenia
Historical Society Historian

Post by Typographenia »

I would imagine it won't search or find a patch if you're playing it on an account that isn't marked as a United States account.

Back when the Heavy Rain demo was released, it was originally only in the UK regions. I created a second PSN account (free) that I labeled as being from the appropriate region. I was then able to find and download the demo.
I would recommend creating another account and seeing if the patch shows up afterwards. Your trophies from the game won't be on your normal account, though, if this ends up working.

However, be aware that some people have reported no changes after the patch, so your mileage may vary.
Biccard
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Biccard »

Edit: I got the patch working. Have not yet tested if it did anything good for me though. Are there patches out for Homecoming and Downpour?