Weapon Realization

Murphy's been a bad boy ...

Moderator: Moderators

mjm800
Just Passing Through

Weapon Realization

Post by mjm800 »

I've noticed that I can carry a handgun and a melee weapon. If I armed my hand gun I drop the melee weapon...OK.

I now have the shotgun. I can carry the shotgun and when I arm myself with the handgun the shotgun gets strapped to my back...OK that's good. BUT...if I pick up a melee weapon I now drop the shotgun. :(

Seriously, if it's strapped to my back and the handgun is tucked to my side I should be able to carry an axe! :cry:
ur-vile
Hope House Careworker

Re: Weapon Realization

Post by ur-vile »

Yeah you should have been able to carry two firearms and a melee weapon but what are you going to do?
SilverWolfPet
Just Passing Through

Post by SilverWolfPet »

Call the Ghostbusters?
MeatyDistraction
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by MeatyDistraction »

I really wish they would have ditched the stupid breakable weapons after Origins.
"Are you goin' to Hell or Heaven? Did you walk with the sinners, or pray with the reverend? Tell the truth, I did a little of both, but ain't no tellin' where I'm goin' 'til my body's a ghost."
raptor112
Just Passing Through

Post by raptor112 »

I didn't mind the breakable weapons in this game....though I always play on easy
Pleasant Sinner
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Pleasant Sinner »

I also found that quite odd. I mean you can only carry a melee weapon and a firearm or just two firearms/one melee weapon, whereas you can stuff a horde of first aid kits and side quest items in one of Murphy's bottomless pockets.
aj4x94
Historical Society Historian

Post by aj4x94 »

Vatra did okay regarding the breakable weapons. At least most of the weapons had reasonable durability, and broke down into smaller weapons instead of completely falling apart after 4 swings.

Oh, and the pistol works pretty good as a melee weapon. You can even block with it.
You can take my heart
And hold it together as we fall apart
Maybe together we can make a mark in the stars we embark
And keep us together as the lights go dark
Aerith Gainsborough

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

I didn't like that you couldn't wield a pistol and a melee, but it didn't bother me much. I only used a firearm during the end of the game, honestly. The breakable weapons didn't bother me much. They took awhile to break, and even if they did, there was such a large supply of weapons throughout the game.
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
aj4x94

Post by aj4x94 »

Aerith Gainsborough wrote:I didn't like that you couldn't wield a pistol and a melee, but it didn't bother me much. I only used a firearm during the end of the game, honestly. The breakable weapons didn't bother me much. They took awhile to break, and even if they did, there was such a large supply of weapons throughout the game.
You can holster/draw a firearm by pressing Left on the D-Pad, but only one. I didn't like how Murphy couldn't sling the shotgun over his back and keep a pistol holstered in his waistband though.
You can take my heart
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

Aerith Gainsborough wrote:I didn't like that you couldn't wield a pistol and a melee, but it didn't bother me much. I only used a firearm during the end of the game, honestly. The breakable weapons didn't bother me much. They took awhile to break, and even if they did, there was such a large supply of weapons throughout the game.
Yeah, it didn't bother me too much. I almost always kept a fireaxe with me; firearms were only useful in a few parts for me.
Aerith Gainsborough

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

aj4x94 wrote:
You can holster/draw a firearm by pressing Left on the D-Pad, but only one. I didn't like how Murphy couldn't sling the shotgun over his back and keep a pistol holstered in his waistband though.
Oh, I see. I didn't know this. Every time I would pick one up, it would drop my melee and vice versa. It was pretty frustrating. :\
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
Cyrus Hanley
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Cyrus Hanley »

Did anyone else notice that you can use firearms as melee weapons and that they're also breakable? I just beat a Prisoner Minion to death with my shotgun and it broke into pieces. I was surprised that I could pick those pieces up and then continue use them.
Glenn
Gravedigger

Post by Glenn »

I didn't mind the breakable weapons either I just wish there was a different button for picking up weapons and investigating. I like to investigate everywhere and sometimes I would exchange an axe for a stick which would get a little annoying.
Pyramidred
Just Passing Through

Post by Pyramidred »

I don't mind breakable weapons, except when it's a weapon that shouldn't break after a couple of whacks! Tree stumps are harder than flesh and last a hell of a lot longer. At least in Origins you were able use the Moon Gauntlets to make up for the breakables.
Nel
Just Passing Through

Post by Nel »

I didn't mind the amount of weapons you can carry and how they're breakable. It's supposed to be a survival game after all. But the only thing I didn't like was when you dropped your weapon beside a pile of other weapons and you can only pick up those piles. I lost a few good ones by that little accident.
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

I thought the weapon system was handled wonderfully. The weapons didn't break right away and when they did break it created some tension as you looked for a nearby weapon to continue defending yourself with. I rarely used firearms but felt it was alright to only be able to hold one at a time. If you're armed to the teeth, some of the tension will go away.
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

One neat thing that I liked about the firearms is that Murphy can't aim properly. It was the same with the older games.
aj4x94

Post by aj4x94 »

Mephisto wrote:One neat thing that I liked about the firearms is that Murphy can't aim properly. It was the same with the older games.
It was worse than the older games. I don't think even Heather had a harder time shooting a monster with her pistol within 10 feet.
You can take my heart
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

^ Well, James and Harry were horrible at shooting. Of all the older games Henry is probably the best shooter.
maricar
Just Passing Through

Post by maricar »

Well I guess you've got the point Mephisto.
"I think having a blackhawk holsters is enough to consider complete and strong."