3 Quick Questions On Downpour

Stuck in a Silent Hill game? Seems like there's no way out? Seek help here...

Moderator: Moderators

Silent_Storm
My Bestsellers Clerk

3 Quick Questions On Downpour

Post by Silent_Storm »

Playing on hard.

1. There is a safe inside one of the accessible houses near the police station (the one you enter through the basement window) I have no idea how to work out the code.

2. There is a locked door which you get to by ducking under some shutters with a panel code thing same as above I have no idea how it opens. Anyone know how I can get the code.

3. The homeless man in one of the side quests wants chocolate I have passed the vending machine several times but have no idea how to get any money.

None of these are crucial to my enjoyment or are required to complete the game (I think) but if anyone could shed some light I would be very thankful.
What's the big deal - Laura
Typographenia
Historical Society Historian

Re: 3 Quick Questions On Downpour

Post by Typographenia »

My memory is hazy on the codes, but you find money for the vending machines inside of some cash registers.

You might try finding another building/location that was business oriented to see if you can track down some cash.
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
The movie theater has so change in it. There should have also been money in the diner at the beginning.
thy_butcher
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by thy_butcher »

For No. 2, you can find a piece of paper outside next to the caved-in road. It gives you the code. I think it was 825.
sh#1fan

Post by sh#1fan »

1. Thats one of the green lockers that can only be opend if you pre orderd the game and got the code... lame i know
Nail gun and double axe 171678
.45 pistol and baseball bat 353479
Rifle and golf club 911977
However I think you can only choose 1 green locker to open ( I honestly don't know how or why it works) so choose carefully. once you open one you can't open any others (not 100% sure) i just don't use them.

2. Farthest North of Laymond ave. there is an envelope with the code near the storage unit shutters. Its 827 on any mode

3. you need money for the vending machine. You get this early in the game at Devils pitstop diner in the cash register. However if you missed it you can also get it in the movie theater also in a cash register.

EDIT:
Side note- You can also use the money on the jukebox in the diner for an easter egg song
oO?
Silent_Storm
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Silent_Storm »

Thanks for the help.

I think it is stupid having in-game bonuses they should stick to collectables and posters ect.
What's the big deal - Laura
Claudia_Wolf
Just Passing Through

Post by Claudia_Wolf »

Can anybody tell me if you can open more than one locker?
I know you can't normally, even if you beat the game and go again a second/third/fourth time.....
But if you delete EVERYTHING of SH: D, can you do it???
thy_butcher
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by thy_butcher »

Yeah, I think so.
sh#1fan

Post by sh#1fan »

Claudia_Wolf wrote:Can anybody tell me if you can open more than one locker?
I know you can't normally, even if you beat the game and go again a second/third/fourth time.....
But if you delete EVERYTHING of SH: D, can you do it???
I'm not sure :?
I read in another post where someone tried to delete everything and still could not open another locker...
Like i said, I don't know how it works, but you can only open 1. I just don't use them, it's really really dumb... and its not like the stuff in the lockers are good anyway -.-
oO?
JuriDawn
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by JuriDawn »

Technically, all three lockers will be open, but they'll all contain whichever items you got from entering the code at the first locker. Then when you start another game (at least this is how it worked for me on XBox), the lockers will all automatically be open and contain the items you got last time. So choose the code you want to use wisely. Stay away from the nail gun; a lot of people have encountered a glitch that won't let you put it down.