Silent Hill Book of Memories Trailer from E3

Come here to talk about the Book of Memories.

Moderator: Moderators

Mephisto
Historical Society Historian

Re: Silent Hill Book of Memories Trailer from E3

Post by Mephisto »

The gameplay is perhaps the biggest caveat that i have with the game. It just ISNT scary nor does it retain the feel of the series.
You do realize that what gave such things to past games was atmosphere and not gameplay? Yeah, swinging a piece of plank back and forth was definitely scary...
Droo

Post by Droo »

Mephisto wrote:
The gameplay is perhaps the biggest caveat that i have with the game. It just ISNT scary nor does it retain the feel of the series.
You do realize that what gave such things to past games was atmosphere and not gameplay? Yeah, swinging a piece of plank back and forth was definitely scary...
Similarly though, swinging a stick and having HP damage pop out of the monster is the most mood-shattering things since the burping monsters in SH4.
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
Fevered Dream
Gravedigger

Post by Fevered Dream »

I found the opening of that trailer a little silly, and then it just kind of got stuck at silly for the rest of it. Really, though, I don't really have a problem with the existence of the game as it isn't a main instalment and really just a spin-off that some may enjoy. Personally I have no interest in a Vita so that kind of craps on any chance of playing it, but I'm not going to lose sleep.
Whoa! Diablo's in this too? How Fitting!
I LOL'd.
Bitch, don't kill my vibe.
wonder's boy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by wonder's boy »

Droo wrote: Similarly though, swinging a stick and having HP damage pop out of the monster is the most mood-shattering things since the burping monsters in SH4.
Couple this with the possibility that everyone in your party could be wearing swirly glasses...any decent atmosphere is bound to be smacked out of town worse than a vagrant during the poor laws of England.
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
Rinku-Husky
Just Passing Through

Post by Rinku-Husky »

It certainly looks interesting. Whenever I get the PSVita, I'll have to check it out. I like the idea of being able to play with someone else in a Silent Hill game universe. But that's just me. Hopefully it'll turn out better than we expect it to. :3
Victory, at any Cost.
TerryRed
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by TerryRed »

I would think of this the same way I would the Silent Hill Arcade game... fan fiction fun. Don't take it too seriously...

As for the Vita, I have one and absolutely love it! Some real quality games for it, and some REALLY good ones coming out.

Developers can get really creative with the Vita, like capturing video or a pic of your face (without you knowing) while playing a scary part of a game , and then using that footage in the game as a suprise later on, etc...
The current progress of my Silent Hill pinball (video) game can be seen here:

https://youtu.be/aMklvWiUqhY