Is silent hill 3 the worst game in the series?

Heather finds out why it's true that you shouldn't talk to strangers. Or look in mirrors, quite honestly.

Moderator: Moderators

RivenZero
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Re: Is silent hill 3 the worst game in the series?

Post by RivenZero »

^ I just finished this game for the first time ever last week. I wasn't too impressed with the final boss fight which was probably among the easiest.
Thanks again JuriDawn for the amazing avatar & sig!
Mephisto
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mephisto »

Storyline of 3 is like the story of the first one. The character's roles are pretty much the same.
Patrick Bateman
Just Passing Through

Post by Patrick Bateman »

I personally enjoy SH3. It's not on the same level as SH2 or 1, but definitely not the worst. For me, that would be SM.
raptor112
Just Passing Through

Post by raptor112 »

Silent hill 3 isn't the worst game for me (that goes to silent hill: the roo,) but its by no means the best either. Its not even in my top 5. While its technical aspects are top notch, and the voice acting very good (the original actors, I haven't heard the new ones), its story is too similar to the original silent hill. We really don't learn anything new about alyessa's story, and while Heather is a good character, she deserved a better story. Add only two endings, only one of which I liked. Though it did have the best extra items I must say.
JuriDawn
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by JuriDawn »

raptor112 wrote:Silent hill 3 isn't the worst game for me (that goes to silent hill: the roo,)
I'm sorry. I couldn't resist.

I'm kinda wanting to replay SH3 now.
Kenji

Post by Kenji »

... I kinda wanna play The Roo, actually...
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

I'd play the shit out of The Roo.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Strawberry Thunder
Just Passing Through

Post by Strawberry Thunder »

SH3 is nowhere near the worst, in my opinion. The worst is Homecoming. I really enjoyed SH3.
Scanman
Just Passing Through

Post by Scanman »

Silent Hill 3 is my favorite! It has the most disturbing images, Valtiel, Heather, "God", and it was told in a great way but not so direct that you cannot still speculate on the overall concept. Plus, it is the true sequel to SH1 which is awesome because I love the Order! My next favorite is SH4 because it compliments SH3 (and 1) since it further explains the birthing of the god by another sect of the Order! Origins is my next favorite since, well, it is the origin to the entire "birthing of god" scenario.
What about Silent Hill 2!?!? I loved it! Don't worry! But it is more like a different animal to me. I find it hard to even place it in the series to be "numbered/ordered". It is more like a side-quest to me. Homecoming was alright. It further talked about the cult by it was a branch off from the real Order. And Downpour. . .well, another side-quest but not well executed IMO. Shattered Memories was excellent! I liked that alot but it is a reimagining so it can't be put with the others either. But if I have to number them all it goes like this -
1.SH3 2.SH1 3.SH4 4.SH2 5.SH:O 6.SH:SM 7.SH:HC 8.SH:DP

Team Silent's games will always beat all the others even Origins but Climax did a hell of a job recreating the SH experience!
But Silent Hill 3 will always be the best! I also love Valtiel! Can't wait for Revelations!
- Member of The Order -
~ The Sect of Valtiel ~
gostoneph17
Just Passing Through

Post by gostoneph17 »

SH3 is one of my favorite SH games along with SH, SH2 and SH:D. It sure isn't the worst, I think Origins, Homecoming and SM are worse than SH3.
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

Only because you "liked" the game you automatically erase everything else and slap a "Best in the Series" stamp on the case.

Stop playing favorites.[/post for someone that cares]
FinnSaw
Just Passing Through

Post by FinnSaw »

I liked it, i didn't like the visited places too much though ( the abandoned buildings, sewers etc. )
but otherwise it was good. In my opinion, one of the best actually.
Kosmos
Just Passing Through

Post by Kosmos »

I played SH 1-3 so far and I don't think it's the worst Silent Hill.

I thought it was scarier and visually better than SH2, regarding this SH2 was really disappointing.
List of samples that need to be found - please review them and contact us if necessary.
ryno379
Just Passing Through

Post by ryno379 »

Sh3 is definitely not the worst. It's probably my third favorite. I haven't played downpour or shattered memories yet, but origins is my least favorite.
Piramit Kafa
Just Passing Through

Post by Piramit Kafa »

I can't think of a single reason to consider it as the worst game. The story is a bit weak though.
There was a SIGNATURE here. It's gone now.
clips
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by clips »

It has the best and most disturbing otherworld sections...this was kinda offest by the storyline that was on the weak side of things and Heather's overall nonchalant attitude towards the horrors around her.
Imnotazombie
Just Passing Through

Post by Imnotazombie »

I think Silent Hill 3 is great. And wasn't bothered by Heather not reacting to everything that was happening. She reacted, but maybe not as extremely as you or I would if that all really happened. The reason I don't consider this a flaw though is because of how dream like Silent Hill is. The characters always talk about how they feel like they're in a dream, so their reaction is believable to me considering everything is established as so surreal in the first place.

The scene where she comes back to her apartment is spectacular, especially how she picks herself back up to get revenge. I love her strength and independence something we never see with female characters, and if we do they're usually also sexualized.

I consider it a classic. The other games being better is just a testament to the quality of the original trilogy.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m96mafdh081r4v6xxo1_500.gif
PoemOfTheLastMoment
Gravedigger

Post by PoemOfTheLastMoment »

The direct feeling of fear is what i love about Silent Hill 3.....its just so overwhelming that it makes you hit the pause button just so you can catch your breath for a second.
Now I Know, The Real Reason Why I Came To This Town....I Wonder....What Was I Afraid Of? Without You..I've Got Nothing...Now, We Can Be Together Again.....Mary.....
Seal of Megatron
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Seal of Megatron »

How in the justified ancients of mu mu anyone could think Silent Hill 3 is the worst when Shattered Memories exists is diabolical.
Who's the man? Me!!
raptor112
Just Passing Through

Post by raptor112 »

Because some of us like Shattered Memories better....