Discuss the latest about the second Silent Hill Movie

Moderator: Moderators

DistantJ
Rosewater Park Attendant

New TV Spot

Post by DistantJ »

I'd say this was much better than the trailer:

http://www.craveonline.com/film/preview ... elation-3d

I couldn't find a topic on this so I started one, please do delete/merge if I've missed something :)
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
peronmls
Brookhaven Receptionist

Re: New TV Spot

Post by peronmls »

Just saw that. That homeless guy creeped me out!
Lafayette_Reynolds
Just Passing Through

Post by Lafayette_Reynolds »

The homeless guy reminded me alot of the comic con poster.

Looks good!
silenthillking
Just Passing Through

Post by silenthillking »

27 seconds no one well pause if you can when pyramid head is swinging the sword
SPOILER that's no person.
CrypticIdentity
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by CrypticIdentity »

Things that make me love this clip:

1. They call it "Silent Hill: Revelation" at the beginning.
2. The fact that Heather can't trust what she sees.
2a. BLARG HOMELESS DUDE.
3. Hey! Adelaide got to solve a key puzzle! :P

Things I find lolarious:

1. Their caption for the full trailer? "The video game franchise goes 3D when Jennifer Mason finally returns to Silent Hill."

Jennifer Mason

I just laughed. At this point, it's like someone's trying to troll the fanbase.
peronmls
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by peronmls »

silenthillking wrote:27 seconds no one well pause if you can when pyramid head is swinging the sword
Is that...no...its not valtiel is it? Who could that be???
KingCrimson
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by KingCrimson »

peronmls wrote:
silenthillking wrote:27 seconds no one well pause if you can when pyramid head is swinging the sword
It looks like the same kind of thing pictured in the background in the nurse scene, hanging up on the x-ray wall. There is also a brief glimpse of it in the original trailer, right before Heather screams "Vincent!" and makes the weird face. Whatever it is, it looks like it has horns coming out of its ears and forehead, and straps along its back. Probably a new monster. I'm not crazy about the Mortal Kombat vibe of that shot, though.

EDIT: Also, looks like we've got some ghostly miners in the mix.
The Demon
Just Passing Through

Post by The Demon »

KingCrimson wrote:
peronmls wrote:
It looks like the same kind of thing pictured in the background in the nurse scene, hanging up on the x-ray wall. There is also a brief glimpse of it in the original trailer, right before Heather screams "Vincent!" and makes the weird face. Whatever it is, it looks like it has horns coming out of its ears and forehead, and straps along its back. Probably a new monster. I'm not crazy about the Mortal Kombat vibe of that shot, though.

For now, I'm going to call that thing the "Disc Demon" cause it looks like it has discs sticking out of it's head. What's got me wondering is why it is fighting Pyramid Head...
Garmonbozey
Just Passing Through

Post by Garmonbozey »

The official trailer was much, much better. Of course, this is a standard type of ad that will definitely bring people in. Kind of feels way too "halloween twilight zone of the week" movie, but the score songs that were just put up make me think the movie is more serious than that.

And the way Leonard screams "she must be destroyed!" is so corny. Eurgh.
teosoleil
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by teosoleil »

KingCrimson wrote:
peronmls wrote:

Disc-head monster does not please me at all :|

But wait a minute...are its arms shaped like clubs? The arms certainly looked deformed, but we can't see past the elbow. That could be the movie version of a Closer.
0uiled
Just Passing Through

Post by 0uiled »

I do like the new scene like the homeless guy and Disc-head.
I wonder if the Homeless guy is going to make people think about Vincent's they look like monsters quote for the game.
Also will Disc-Head be something like valtiel in a way or maybe just some recurring monster.
Silent Hill is like a living thing and the fans are it's blood.
Silent Hill will lose blood time to time but it won't die that easily.
It can still make new blood.
Seal of Megatron
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Seal of Megatron »

"I wonder if the Homeless guy is going to make people think about Vincent's they look like monsters quote for the game."
That's exactly what I was thinking.
Who's the man? Me!!
wonder's boy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by wonder's boy »

That was a decent TV spot. It sells the scare factor without making it look like a complete gorehorrorfest. And I love the use of the word destroy. The epic use of it was kind of laughable, but it got the point across effectively.

I wonder if Leonard is referring to Heather needing destroyed or Claudia, more like he originally wanted to stop her in the games. Probably just Heather. Right now it's hard to tell where Leonard is coming from exactly in the film's world.
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
Patchwork_Heaven
Just Passing Through

Post by Patchwork_Heaven »

This was indeed better than the full trailer, but there were a few things that still annoyed me:

Pyramid Head having a versus match with a shitty Cenobite? Oh boy.
Still no signs of any other original monsters from SH3. Almost all hope lost by this point.

Things I did like, though, included the homeless man, the hallucination of the lying figure in the school, and how good Heather looks.
chounokoe
Just Passing Through

Post by chounokoe »

I liked it, but wasn't really amazed or anything.

It had some pretty cool moments, but the guys up in the rafters before Heather asks Vincents "do you see them", aren't their designs a little overdone? I suppose they are Claudia's 5 generals, the Order knights in the cloaks with the Nomura'esque buckles with their hoods down.

But maybe they turn into monsters too and that's the strange disc-head Cenobite that Pyramid Head fights.
gostoneph17
Just Passing Through

Post by gostoneph17 »

I'm pleased to have seen some new scenes from the film. My favorite part is when Heather opens a door which has the symbol of the Halo of the Sun on it. I'm very happy how this film looks. Can't wait for its score to get released!! :D
KingCrimson
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by KingCrimson »

teosoleil wrote:
Disc-head monster does not please me at all :|

But wait a minute...are its arms shaped like clubs? The arms certainly looked deformed, but we can't see past the elbow. That could be the movie version of a Closer.
I think it's just more of the same flabby material they used to make Pyramid Head's fake muscles. You can clearly see the wrinkles and creases in its "skin" around the shoulders.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

Here's a better picture of it:

I'm certain it's
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Claudia's monster form.
Garmonbozey
Just Passing Through

Post by Garmonbozey »

JKristine35 wrote:Here's a better picture of it:

I'm certain it's
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Claudia's monster form.
I heavily disliked the monster until I saw it was female. For some reason it's a lot more interesting now. It reminds me of Scarlet, but also something else from SH...can't place my finger on it. What rationale leads you to believe it's Claudia, though? My initial reaction was "oh boy, that's stupid," but what if it's representation of how the religion was shoved into her and how she's blind to it?

Also, where did that picture come from?
0uiled
Just Passing Through

Post by 0uiled »

You know I'm starting to have a lot of thought going through my head because of the female Disc-head.
Is there only one or more, it it the same one that appears behind Vincent in the first trailer.
Last is it really Claudia transformed that is based on God (boss) from Silent Hill 3?
Silent Hill is like a living thing and the fans are it's blood.
Silent Hill will lose blood time to time but it won't die that easily.
It can still make new blood.