Early Viewing

Discuss the latest about the second Silent Hill Movie

Moderator: Moderators

kumiko
Gravedigger

Early Viewing

Post by kumiko »

will not ruin for rest of you but I found it to be a big improvement & I liked it went in with an open mind not expecting it to be 100% a copy like some did with the first one, friend I went with found it creepy in parts but overall job well done.

Effects, set, costume & atmosphere spot on
Youma Taisan!
Yuki
Historical Society Historian

Re: Early Viewing

Post by Yuki »

Er, how did you get an early screening, if I may ask? It's not being screened for critics, and the only early showings I've heard of are for the 25th.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Yea, I have to know how you saw it. Still, if true, I'm really glad you enjoyed it!
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Skele
Subway Guard

Post by Skele »

Bootleg?

anyway, glad you enjoyed it.
SilentWren

Post by SilentWren »

Really? How'd you see it?
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

Thank you for understanding. <3

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 28#p674128
Patchwork_Heaven
Just Passing Through

Post by Patchwork_Heaven »

Part of me is very very skeptical, another part of me wants to know if Closers are in it, and another part of me is... well, skeptical again.
resevil80
Just Passing Through

Post by resevil80 »

They gave away tickets to a couple of screenings on 12-14th....it wasn't for critics, just random giveaways...
kumiko
Gravedigger

Post by kumiko »

Know a few cinema owners in my local area who are quite friendly with distributors, thats about all I can say really, won't ruin it as said but if you go in with an open mind and not thinking "it has to be an exact copy" then you will be fine and enjoy it.
Youma Taisan!
wonder's boy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by wonder's boy »

Glad to hear this positive response!

Come to think of it, I saw the first one early with special passes, but it was more like 1-2 days before its release.
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
Scanman22

Post by Scanman22 »

I'm having a very hard time believing you. I'm not trying to be mean and call you a "liar" but your non-specific generalizations about the film, are not very convincing. Maybe if you could possibly give away some small spoiler-ish specifics (under the spoiler tag) then maybe we could believe you a bit more. Like, is Valtiel in it? Does Leonard have a monster form? Is Disc-Head Claudia's monster form or "god" itself? Are Closers in it? Please give us something to justify your claims to be true!!! Thank You!
- Member of the Order -
~ The Sect of Valtiel ~
Silent Fantasy

Post by Silent Fantasy »

Yeah... i'm skeptical till something a bit more specific is said.
WARNING: Some Parts of Reality May Seem Violent or Cruel.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

I sent him a pm asking for specifics, and this is the response I got.
kumiko wrote:
JKristine35 wrote:There is so much I'd like to know about the screening you saw. Did Bassett stay true to the concept of Sharon/Alessa/Dark Alessa as one person split into three bodies? Is Heather the complete Alessa? What happened to Rose? Did Bassett explain that Alessa had powers before the burning?
Sorry for the late reply I'm not infront of my computer at the moment and only on a tablet, in regards to your questions it depends on your perspective of things? I thinking mjb kept to his word on his promises but that is just imo though it is pretty much sh3 with the obvious discussed differences adapted to suit the first story.

I'm going for a 2nd viewing next weekend all being well if there is anything that you want me to keep a look out for? Apologies if this is brief I don't come on here as much as I used to plus it's hard keeping up with threads in most sections with people constantly hating and bashing on each others theories and ideas.
KingCrimson
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by KingCrimson »

So. In other words, the person who claims to have seen the movie behaves exactly the way one would expect for someone who hasn't seen it.
Garmonbozey
Just Passing Through

Post by Garmonbozey »

JKristine35 wrote:I sent him a pm asking for specifics, and this is the response I got.
kumiko wrote:
JKristine35 wrote:There is so much I'd like to know about the screening you saw. Did Bassett stay true to the concept of Sharon/Alessa/Dark Alessa as one person split into three bodies? Is Heather the complete Alessa? What happened to Rose? Did Bassett explain that Alessa had powers before the burning?
Sorry for the late reply I'm not infront of my computer at the moment and only on a tablet, in regards to your questions it depends on your perspective of things? I thinking mjb kept to his word on his promises but that is just imo though it is pretty much sh3 with the obvious discussed differences adapted to suit the first story.

I'm going for a 2nd viewing next weekend all being well if there is anything that you want me to keep a look out for? Apologies if this is brief I don't come on here as much as I used to plus it's hard keeping up with threads in most sections with people constantly hating and bashing on each others theories and ideas.
Lol. Ask all of scanman's questions and see what you get.
Chuckles
Hope House Careworker

Post by Chuckles »

Did he ask you to wire money to Nigeria?
Are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all who claim it?

[img]http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/2219/noname7mx.png[/img]
Scanman22

Post by Scanman22 »

Garmonbozey wrote:
kumiko wrote:

Lol. Ask all of scanman's questions and see what you get.
PM with all my questions sent! :) I will probably not get a reply until the 26th! LOL!
- Member of the Order -
~ The Sect of Valtiel ~
Garmonbozey
Just Passing Through

Post by Garmonbozey »

Scanman22 wrote:PM with all my questions sent! :) I will probably not get a reply until the 26th! LOL!
:lol:

MOD EDIT: This is spam, please refrain from one word/emoticon replies. Any future posts like this will be met with a formal warning. - fudgestix
Aerith Gainsborough

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

Since there is really no discussion going on here at all, I'm going to lock this. All that's going on is you all attacking Kumiko's credibility and that's just uncalled for and not worthy of a thread.

When the film does come out, you all are free to give any sort of reviews about the movie within spoiler tags and compare them in the appropriate thread that will be available.
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.