A pair of reviews for Silent Hill: Revelation 3D.

Discuss the latest about the second Silent Hill Movie

Moderator: Moderators

gostoneph17
Just Passing Through

A pair of reviews for Silent Hill: Revelation 3D.

Post by gostoneph17 »

Last edited by gostoneph17 on 25 Oct 2012, edited 1 time in total.
Numinex
Just Passing Through

Re: A pair of bad reviews...

Post by Numinex »

JESUS CHRIST. The podcats review is probably the worst thing I've heard in my life - "the movie is shit, because it's shit, you know, it sucks balls and you need manual to know what's going on. And it's shit". Really?
Skele
Subway Guard

Post by Skele »

that sucks... but the first reviewer didn't care for the first film either... not really surprising that he hated the 2nd film. At least both agreed that it's aesthetically pleasing.. maybe the story isn't as bad as they made it out to be? i don't doubt that the story and acting may in fact, suck, but i'm hoping both reviewers are wrong.

haha and yeah Numinex, it was really hard to listen to the podcast. i had to keep fighting every urge in my body to close out the tab on my browser..
KingCrimson
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by KingCrimson »

Be warned: that second review contains spoilers of the entire movie's plot.
silenthillking
Just Passing Through

Post by silenthillking »

Ignore every work they say they have ign disease if a movie or game needs 1% of brain power there not interested if call of duty is your cup of tea you have the ign bug

These reviews seem like a random viewer not a fan or horror fan.
VinnySplendelicious
Just Passing Through

Post by VinnySplendelicious »

Yeah, also keep in mind that they are not SH fans, and the second reviewer kept calling Christopher by the name of Douglas, lol. I've been looking at what people are saying on Twitter. @TheDamnBeast tweeted earlier that he was waiting in line and super ecstatic, now he is saying that it was a big disappointment. Uh oh's!
Silent Fantasy
Historical Society Historian

Post by Silent Fantasy »

I wouldn't try to generlize the people. The first movie wasn't exactly praised either though. Considering the source material, these movies will seem very cheesy to many people that are not into monsters, otherworld, and "magic" basically. As for Silent Hill fans, many hated the first film too, calling it a huge dissapointment after being excited for it. The acting seems kinda iffy in some spots just by the clips they have shown, but it doesn't seem like it will be horribly off putting.
I can't really say much more though. I don't plan on listening to these types of immature reviews because I don't want to be spoiled and I could care less what they thought about it.
WARNING: Some Parts of Reality May Seem Violent or Cruel.
gostoneph17
Just Passing Through

Post by gostoneph17 »

I hope it is as you say you guys, hoping for better news...
Numb Body01

Post by Numb Body01 »

Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
silenthillking
Just Passing Through

Post by silenthillking »

Yep Numb Body01 your post of a reviewers review says it all main stream not able to appreciate silent hill not one review yet has said the monsters are from the protagonist
personal life experiences made into a disfigured creatures all mainstream viewers see
is something they don't want to spend a second thinking about just watch it and that's it.

It's like the first movie most reviews said they didn't no what was going on evidences they didn't care and if they did they would of looked up the series before or after.

Also from the review a comment (creatures resembling bargain basement Giger/Del Toro knock-offs) 100% evidence never to listen to reviews there not reviews there opinions everyone has different ones. And if they are correct (they will not be) we get two things
more music and more monsters.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Tautological bullshit where they say the movie sucks because it sucks with no meaningful reasoning. Seems they wanted to hate the movie before they saw it, meaning their opinions literally don't matter. Moving on.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

What I'm getting from the spoilers in these reviews is that Bassett didn't understand the ending of the first movie. :(
Numb Body01

Post by Numb Body01 »

I love it when people complain about negative reviews only being negative because they're critically bad reviews/reviewers.

P.S. The OP/Mod might as well change the thread title to, "All Reviews".
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Maybe people don't need to try and invalidate reviewers' opinions. Maybe people are just validating their own desires by forcing themselves into thinking the movie will be good. Maybe the movie is just bad.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Numb Body01

Post by Numb Body01 »

S'part of what I was suggesting. ;)
gostoneph17
Just Passing Through

Post by gostoneph17 »

JKristine35 wrote:What I'm getting from the spoilers in these reviews is that Bassett didn't understand the ending of the first movie. :(
OMG really?! :'( i didn't read the spoilers, but this...oh man! :(
Silent Fantasy

Post by Silent Fantasy »

JKristine35 wrote:What I'm getting from the spoilers in these reviews is that Bassett didn't understand the ending of the first movie. :(
Goddamnit. :/ I'm not sure what would be so hard to understand about the movie's ending.
WARNING: Some Parts of Reality May Seem Violent or Cruel.
VinnySplendelicious
Just Passing Through

Post by VinnySplendelicious »

http://wolfinagorillasuit.blogspot.mx/2 ... 3d_24.html

This is from a fan of the first movie and the games, and it actually goes into detail...
Numb Body01

Post by Numb Body01 »

Yeah you really can't criticise that review. It was well written, informative, detailed, he's a fan and he clearly knows film.
fisher92
Just Passing Through

Post by fisher92 »

After reading this review, my hope is slowly dying...