Before you see SH:R...

Discuss the latest about the second Silent Hill Movie

Moderator: Moderators

The Demon
Just Passing Through

Before you see SH:R...

Post by The Demon »

How do you think you will like it? I think it'd be cool to see what people thought of the movie before they saw it and then after, so post your expectations here!
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Re: Before you see SH:R...

Post by JKristine35 »

I think it won't be anywhere near as good as the first, but it will probably be fun.
Postcode
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Postcode »

I think I'll enjoy it. Not sure it'll mean as much to me as the games but I still have hopes that it'll be a worthwhile movie. I think, or at least hope, that as long as you go in to it knowing that its not the third game on a movie screen then it should be pretty good. I had no great expectations for the first one (in fact I figured it would probably suck) and ended up being pleasantly surprised, even though it ended up significantly deviating from the original story. I think in a way it makes it more interesting that we're getting an alternative version of the story and I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

Of course I'm going to have to wait until it comes out on DVD seeing as we're not getting it at the cinema over here. I think I need to start avoiding threads about it now before I run into the inevitable spoilers!
For anyone that might be interested in such things, some links to my music, of the alternative rock kind -
http://postcode.bandcamp.com/
http://soundcloud.com/zebracore
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Postcode/99794277098

And my Post-Rock band Nanaki -
https://nanaki.bandcamp.com
KiramidHead
Historical Society Historian

Post by KiramidHead »

I'm thinking I'll at least have fun with. It may not be a life changing experience, but I don't think it will be bad at all.
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

I'm feeling very optimistic! I believe it'll be a better overall film than the first. Though I somewhat suspect it'll have more 'action' than the first film. So there will definitely be more rapid tone and pace.

I'm also looking forward to the 3-D. Picked up Prometheus on 3-D blu-ray last night. So good!
pyramidfred633
Just Passing Through

Post by pyramidfred633 »

I think it will be good I thought the first film did a good job all the trailers have me very excited. I do expect it to get some very spirited criticism around the forums but then what doesn't? We're a hard bunch to please!
Good luck to them I say.
Just because im paranoid doesnt mean people arent trying to kill me
Silent Fantasy

Post by Silent Fantasy »

I have a fear of disappointment, but I don't doubt i'll atleast enjoy it on the first viewing.
WARNING: Some Parts of Reality May Seem Violent or Cruel.
astral
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by astral »

I think I'll enjoy it. It seems like there will be more time with monsters/combat, which I really wanted the first one to have, but I feel it won't be as well done as the first.
So I'm expecting it to be good but in a different way than the first.
I believe, I believe, I believe
Silent Fantasy

Post by Silent Fantasy »

The first movie wasn't that well done. It had scrpit, pacing, and some acting issues prevalent throughout. It's a good movie I enjoy greatly ( until the witch burning corn fest), but I don't feel it's quality should be too hard to beat. Revelations seems like it will be more fun anyway, can't say right now.
WARNING: Some Parts of Reality May Seem Violent or Cruel.
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

I think it'll be entertaining, and I'm hoping it has a better script than the original. I'm not expecting it to be Oscar-worthy or anything, just a solid film.
Garmonbozey
Just Passing Through

Post by Garmonbozey »

I expect that the 3D, despite the naysayers, will be really cool. Who wouldn't want an immersive technology to make them feel like they're actually in Silent Hill? For that alone I'm going to have nerd orgasms. But I think it'll be a good movie overall as well, combining a lot of things I like from the games and first movie.
Klimat
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Klimat »

Actually I expect it to be great.
SilentWren

Post by SilentWren »

Honestly? I expect it to be a 5/10. But I think I'll still love it to death, because, you know....Silent Hill.
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

Thank you for understanding. <3

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 28#p674128
Karakulz
Just Passing Through

Post by Karakulz »

I don't expect it to be as eerie as the first one, nor do I expect it to be exactly like the game.

But I do think it will be fun, and more of a Thriller than a Horror since seeing some more action oriented scenes in the trailers, and I am really looking forward to seeing it! Judging by most of the promotional material, it looks to be really great (Provided that the trailers haven't shown the only good parts of the film ;] )

I don't think it will disapoint. :3
~ When the rich wage war, It's the poor who die ~
eddieatemypizza
Just Passing Through

Post by eddieatemypizza »

well its movie so it will be bad..when is there ever any "good" movies out anymore? This will just be another movie you will be "forced" to try and like.

I wish instead of making games like resident evil or silent hill into movies they would have made them actual tv series. Hell, if the walking dead has such a huge fanbase than these 2 would be 10x better than that as tv series.

You cant fit a game that takes 5 - 10 hours to get through and squash them into an hour and a half. tv series is the way to go.
Skele
Subway Guard

Post by Skele »

My main gripe with the first film were the changes to certain characters. once i got over that, i was able to enjoy the film... I thought it was pretty good, but could've been better (i LOVED the visuals).

To be honest, im pretty much expecting the same thing from the second. I think the changes to certain characters and the story will create the low point, and the visuals will probably make up for it, and i'll end up enjoying the film.
Leibregime
Just Passing Through

Post by Leibregime »

I expect people to hate it...but me, I am pretty sure I'll enjoy it. A lot.
Really loved the first one and the trailer looked very good in the visual department.
Well...release here in austria is december what really sucks. :(
Going to be a looooong wait and I hope I wont get spoilerd until then
The fear of blood creates fear for the flesh
The Demon
Just Passing Through

Post by The Demon »

For me, I'm expecting to not like it. I LOVED the first film, and everything about it. SH:R looks to be completely different from the first SH film in a lot of ways. It seems much more action-horror film than a psychological survival horror film, and it doesn't look like it has retained a lot Silent Hill's "feel" that the first film established so well. It would be hard to be better than the first film, but it doesn't look like SH:R comes close.

I will go into the film with an open mind, but from what I'm seeing I'm not expecting to like it.
DirtyNorris
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by DirtyNorris »

Fun, cringe-worthy, throwaway fluff is what I'm expecting. Really hope I enjoy it, just can't see it staying with me.
[img]http://i904.photobucket.com/albums/ac241/DirtyNorris/o0p1cpjpg.png[/img]
DistantJ
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DistantJ »

I actually am not sure. I love Michael J. Bassett and I love Silent Hill so these two things coming together should be amazing, but something gives me a worrying feeling lately. I'm not a very big fan of Silent Hill 3 or its characters, so it could be this.
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.