Tracks Identification + General Questions

Use this section to discuss the DVDs, OSTs, comics and any other SH Media.

Moderator: Moderators

The Adversary
RESPECT

Re: Tracks Identification + General Questions

Post by The Adversary »

No one knows. I have official versions of every other song in the game but can't find anything out about "Heaven Won't Hold it Against You."
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
FrankRD
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by FrankRD »

Okay, so I don't know if anyone noticed this before, but the track in SH4 that plays when you're going through one of those circular hallways in the Prison with monsters coming out of the walls sounds exatly like a darker version of A Stray Child's (from SH3) first minute. Also, the first sound in A Stray Child sounds to me pretty much like the (apparently Pyramid Head's) scream that you hear when you're going down in that green hallway of the Historical Society in SH2. :shock:
predxeno
Just Passing Through

Post by predxeno »

I've been trying to compile a list of songs from the first Silent Hill movie and found this list at http://www.silenthillmemories.net/music/shm_csts_en.htm. However, the iTunes Store albums for the soundtracks for the 1st 4 games are missing some of these songs, does anyone know why?

SH1 OST - Silent Hill (Opening titles)
SH3 CST - One's Weaker Self (Sharon at the waterfall/ Alternative school/ Appearance of the Pyramidhead - Cybil and Rose in the school's basement/ Darkness coming at the church/ Christabella attacks Rose with a knife)
SH2 OST - Ordinary Vanity (Sharon, Chris and Rose at the waterfall)
SH2 OST - Laura Plays The Piano (Rose and Sharon seating beneath the tree/ Rose and Sharon returning home)
SH3 OST - Innocent Moon (Chris reads about Silent Hill in the internet/ Chris and Rose talking by phone/ Chris and officer Gucci in the school)
SH4 OST - Waiting For You (Plays on the radio at the gas station's shop)
SH3 OST - Letter ~ From The Lost Days (Plays on the radio in Rose's car while on their way to Silent Hill)
SH1 OST - Killed By Death (Rose on the road right after the car accident/ Rose in the school's WC - coming of darkness)
SH2 OST - The Day Of Night (Rose on the road right after the car accident)
SH1 OST - Hear Nothing (Rose enters Silent Hill/ Rose in the school's reception)
SH3 OST - Clockwork Little Happiness (Start of pursuit of Sharon)
SH1 OST - Nothing Else (Pursuit of Sharon - alley with garages/ Rose in the school's WC (mixed with SH1 OST - Down Time)) SH2 OST - Block Mind (Pursuit of Sharon - coming of darkness)
SH2 OST - The Darkness That Lurks In Our Mind (Pursuit of Sharon in the dark alley/ Cybil and Rose run into a monster on the road)
SH2 OST - Black Fairy (Rose in the dark alley - run into hanged miner and grey children)
Johnny Cash - Ring Of Fire (Rose recovers herself in the cafe - radio)
SH3 OST - A Stray Child (Rose in the streets of Silent Hill)
SH3 OST - Never Forgive Me, Never Forget Me (Rose meets Dahlia in the street/ Rose, Sharon and Dahlia in the church right after the massacre/ Rose and Sharon returning home)
SH2 OST - Promise (Reprise) (Rose coming back to the car left on the road and finding Sharon's painting/ Memories about Alessa's school years - Rose's pursuit of Alessa in the school/ Rose meets Alessa in the hotel/ Alessa's story in the hospital - Dark Alessa leaving Sharon at the orphanage's door)
SH1 OST - Follow The Leader (Rose calls Chris by phone in the car)
SH1 OST - Rising Sun (Rose and Cybil run into chasm on the road)
SH2 OST - Ashes And Ghosts (Rose escapes from Cybil)
SH4 OST - Wounded Warsong (Rose on her way to the school)
SH1 OST - Moonchild (Rose in the school)
SH1 OST - For All (Rose runs into miners in the school)
SH1 OST - The Bitter Season (Rose finds Alessa's desk in the classroom)
SH1 OST - Down Time (Rose in the school's WC (mixed with SH1 OST - Nothing Else))
SH1 OST - Don't Cry (Janitor's appearance in the school's WC)
SH3 OST - Maternal Heart (Rose and Cybil on their way to the hotel)
Unknown composition (Rose, Cybil and Anna in the hotel)
SH1 OST - I'll Kill You (Rose, Cybil and Anna on their way to the church)
SH3 OST - Breeze ~ In Monochrome Night (The cult's prayer in the church/ The cult finds Sharon)
SH3 OST - Dance With Night Wind (Rose, Cybil and Christabella on their way to the hospital)
SH4 CST - Hysteria Squeak (Rose gets down by elevator - Cybil fights with miners)
Unknown composition (Rose in the hospital's corridors)
SH2 OST - Fermata In Mistic Air (Alessa's story in the hospital)
SH4 CST - Large Deeds (Alessa's story in the hospital - Dark Alessa's birth/ Alessa in the church - massacre)
SH3 CST - Kill God (Alessa in the church - massacre)
SH2 OST - Magdalene (Rose and Sharon returning home)
SH3 OST - Lost Carol (Chris standing in the doorway right before the end of the movie)
SH3 OST - You're Not Here (Ending credits - 1st part)
SH1 OST - Tears Of... (Ending credits - 2nd part)
SH2 OST - Theme Of Laura (Ending credits - 3rd part)
Yoshata
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Yoshata »

Loveless_Dogg wrote:From what I recall Daniel Licht wrote and performed the song himself....but I'm not entirely sure so I don't mind being corrected.
The Adversary wrote:No one knows. I have official versions of every other song in the game but can't find anything out about "Heaven Won't Hold it Against You."
Wow, I didn't see these replies to my question until tonight. Thank you both for your answers! I guess we'll have to wait to know for sure until someone who worked on the game says something about the song. :P
aj4x94
Historical Society Historian

Post by aj4x94 »

I was wondering the name of the song that plays during the final boss of Silent Hill 2.
You can take my heart
And hold it together as we fall apart
Maybe together we can make a mark in the stars we embark
And keep us together as the lights go dark
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Doesn't have an official title. It's basically an extended version of "Black Fairy," but, you know, not at all the same. It's what "Black Fairy" leads into if it actually went into anything. I've always called it "Flutterbies," from my rip, although admittedly it isn't the best title.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
aj4x94

Post by aj4x94 »

Can someone tell me the name of the song that plays during the normal ending of Origins?
You can take my heart
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Which part?

The music played when Travis is walking toward his truck isn't on the soundtrack, nor has a quality version been made available due to the background noises. The music during the credits, far as I can recall, is the same for every ending, and is called "Blow Back."

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
aj4x94

Post by aj4x94 »

I swear, you're psychic when it comes to this thread :lol:

And yes, I meant during the credits. But a different song plays if you get the Butcher ending.
You can take my heart
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

I like music, it's kinda my thing. But I'll take that as a compliment.

That said, you're right—the Butcher ending does have different credit music. It's called "Hole in the Sky."

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
eru777
Just Passing Through

Post by eru777 »

Can anyone help me with this track?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiMGGZHH8ao
I can't seem to find it in the SH1 ost.
SO.WHAT.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

It was released as a promo for SILENT HILL 3, far as I can remember. It's not used in the game—it wasn't even released 'til, like, 2003.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
eru777
Just Passing Through

Post by eru777 »

I heard it on the HD collection, on the credits screen before you select what game you want to play.
So was this track in a CD boxset or anything like that? I'd like to know its title.
SO.WHAT.
VIVIsect

Post by VIVIsect »

It was included in the Silent Hill Sounds Box collection that was released a few years ago, under the title "Silent Hill (estudio)."
nobody is anybody
eru777
Just Passing Through

Post by eru777 »

VIVIsect wrote:It was included in the Silent Hill Sounds Box collection that was released a few years ago, under the title "Silent Hill (estudio)."
thank you !
SO.WHAT.
silentevil1989
Just Passing Through

Post by silentevil1989 »

Hope someone reads this, because it's driving me crazy: what is the name of the first track that plays in this video? The hook is more noticeable at 0:52 in case the video does not start from that timestamp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mv0dAwPqCs&t=52s
Droo

Post by Droo »

silentevil1989 wrote: 25 Oct 2022 Hope someone reads this, because it's driving me crazy: what is the name of the first track that plays in this video? The hook is more noticeable at 0:52 in case the video does not start from that timestamp.

Maternal Heart - Silent Hill 3

https://youtu.be/K1DjgY6WrqY
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
silentevil1989
Just Passing Through

Post by silentevil1989 »

Droo wrote: 25 Oct 2022
silentevil1989 wrote: 25 Oct 2022 Hope someone reads this, because it's driving me crazy: what is the name of the first track that plays in this video? The hook is more noticeable at 0:52 in case the video does not start from that timestamp.

Unfortunately that's not the track I'm looking for, there's an isolated excerpt at 1:57 that will be easier to identify I guess. Here's the link with that timestamp:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mv0dAwPqCs&t=117s
Droo

Post by Droo »

silentevil1989 wrote: 25 Oct 2022
Droo wrote: 25 Oct 2022

Unfortunately that's not the track I'm looking for, there's an isolated excerpt at 1:57 that will be easier to identify I guess. Here's the link with that timestamp:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mv0dAwPqCs&t=117s
Still Maternal Heart. Go to 41 seconds into the song.
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
silentevil1989
Just Passing Through

Post by silentevil1989 »

It's somewhat close, but I found out the title eventually: it's "A Stray Child" from the official soundtrack, or "Meeting Vincent" from (unofficial) Complete Soundtrack Ultimate Edition. Thanks for the help anyway.