22%
Didn't see it.
2%

Total votes: 45

wonder's boy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Re: Re-write Revelation!

Post by wonder's boy »

He'd probably be a chocolate flavor. Or something resembling a dark, rusty color.
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
tbonesays
Hope House Careworker

Post by tbonesays »

On 2nd thought, what if The Order was in the Day World until the events of the first film? They get pulled into Fog World when Alessa exits Silent Hill. That would explain why they are not completely out of touch with the real world.
Nel
Just Passing Through

Post by Nel »

First off, I honestly wouldn't know how to write an entire movie meant to be an sequal AND an adaptation. I think Bassett did an all right job.
I've heard how it's thought there are too much dialogue, which I don't mind, but I can imagine how some stuff could have been shown instead of said.

I can only think of changing the beginning and other scenes. The rest is okay for me.
I probably would have it start off differently, beginning in the past with the crazy people burning witches (to keep with the first film), in the background is evidence of an indian burial ground (to support the town being haunted or something). Then the proceeding shot to the present, a clear emphasis on Sharon to compare her with the witches in the beginning, both her and Rose in their house in the fog world. Cut to the real world, of missing posters and such of the missing wife and daughter. The worried Chris then finds his daughter and hugs her, an object falling from her hand, and his wife nowhere to be seen but ghostly whispers...

And a change in a scene where Heather and Vincent are in the car with the letter being read aloud, with added images of people being burned, then her voice fading off as it shows us where the beginning just skipped.
Chris finds Sharon alone and it's implied that she uses her powers to suppress her memories as we're shown she remembers the cult, her burning, and exactly how she came back with the object in her hands and leaves her mother behind. The cool exterior of Sharon is then lost, replaced with a scared and innocent girl claiming she doesn't know where her mother is, the voice of Rose just barely audible. She's saying how Sharon isn't human, have a flashback within a flashback moment with Chris recalling his investigation and certain key aspects on Rose's side to show she's said more. Chris, believing his wife is nearby, searches and shouts out for her, and in a moment that will clearly define his actions in the end, he says "I'll find you." while putting a protective arm around his crying daughter with a new sense of responsibility.
Then continue with the same thing where it shows Chris being attacked by a man then Heather's voice fading back in and back to the car and such. All this doesn't necessarily have to be written in the letter but it shows what Chris and Heather went through and to benefit the audience.

Then I would like an added scene where we hear Rose's ghostly whispers to Chris (these whispers will be a reminder and give him a stronger reason for his decision at the end) trying to communicate with him because I personally believe she's dead and I would have enjoyed to see more scenes with Christopher and Claudia. And then maybe a scene with Claudia being mean to Chris.

Just something on how I would probably like the film better. Truth is, there's no way to "re-write" it, 'cause lets face it, it's still going to be pretty much what the movie did, just with a different beginning, ending or added scenes or something. If I had written the script, I know I would do a much worser job overall.
DistantJ
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DistantJ »

All I'd do is get rid of the game canon and let it carry on from the first movie's, freeing up a little time to spend on making characters like Vincent more interesting instead of having them just act as exposition dump trucks. That's the only time the film falters for me really, when characters (particularly Vincent) spout pages and pages of backstory to get people up to speed with not just the first film but the new stuff they brought in from the games as well. Honestly, fix that and I'm perfectly happy with the film. I thought it did Silent Hill 3 as much justice as it needed to. If it was an SH2 movie I'd be completely different about it but here, yeah, aside from the crazy exposition dumping in place of proper character development, I thought this movie was great.
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
resevil80
Just Passing Through

Post by resevil80 »

Don't base it on Silent Hill 3 and forget the first movie ever happened. They should have done an unconnected Game adaptation(Silent Hill 2 or The Room...Hell, even Homecoming) or it should have been an original story set in Silent Hill. Either way, Bassett did about as well as I expected, given that he was making an adaptation of SH3 and a direct sequel to the first film, which were both mistakes.
DarkOcelot
Just Passing Through

Post by DarkOcelot »

I rented the movie from redbox yesterday and still haven't watched it on account that I have been a follower of the franchise since before anyone knew what silent hill was. Now you have all these sorry directors trying to take up the mantle of video games and moving them to the big screen. How disappointing the resident evil movies have turned out along with the Prince of Persia and even to go as far as Max Payne, but lets stay on topic. Revelation is a testament to a director trying to bring in new eyes to understand a story that isn't being told as it happened. If someone were to state that they read the Dark Tower series by Stephan King and planed to make a movie. What would be more important, telling the story as it happened or adjusting it to be covenant on cost and lack of creativity. That's all this was. Neglect on so many different levels and we the fans, true fans let me add have to suffer as it goes on without no sign of when it will end. I plan to complete my thought once this movie is over. Wish me luck guys I'm going to force myself to watch it.
"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead and rotten,
either write things worthy reading or do things worth the writing." ~B.F.
eddieatemypizza
Just Passing Through

Post by eddieatemypizza »

i feel like movies like SIlent Hill and Resident Evil would have been soooooooo much better as tv series instead of movies...that way you can have the proper time to build up characters/story so it actually makes sense to people..instead of trying to force a story/plot into a 2 hour movie which makes no logocial sense wahtsoever..if the walking dead is so successful and thats nothing more than just zombies walking around than i would have to believe that silent hill or RE would have done 10x better than the walking dead is currently doing..
DarkOcelot
Just Passing Through

Post by DarkOcelot »

( … ) A couple of dots are where I should have left myself before stating anything further. I have completed the movie. Wow! A since of helplessness and the decisive inconvenience of wasting time that could have been used to watch a movie like (Leprechaun in Space, Jason X or Alone in the Dark.) Which up into this point I thought where crappy movies, but this has now topped those. It made no since. Molestation is another word that might come close to an explanation of what the director might have been thinking while suffering from his psychosis of idiotic retardation. A complete fiasco. If I was drunk, I would have puked. If I was stoned, I would have had a bad trip. Why does this keep happening? No, it’s not rhetorical. I’m tired of the fans being punished for being fans while these directors kill our once strong respect. I have nothing more to add for now.
Last edited by DarkOcelot on 22 May 2013, edited 1 time in total.
Yuki
Historical Society Historian

Post by Yuki »

... did you seriously just compare a bad movie to rape?
DarkOcelot
Just Passing Through

Post by DarkOcelot »

Bad movie? No that is under written. A bad movie isn't something you wait six years for and search endlessly for on the internet. A bad movie is something that you leave alone. Just wait, all our games are at risk now. What's your favorite game friend? Because when it's made into the world's stupidest movie, I would love to see you refrain from using the word (rape) which is a nasty word. So I updated it to (molestation). There happy.
Silent Fantasy
Historical Society Historian

Post by Silent Fantasy »

Not everyone takes entertainment (even if passionate about it) so seriously as to get overly upset over a bad film adaptation, so I wouldn't assume everyone would feel the same no matter how much they love a game.
Besides, with a big enough vocabulary, there are ways to express how shitty something is without referencing rape/ molestation (though I'm sure you know the difference and the fact that the two are non-comparable, so I'm not jumping on your case over the comparison).
WARNING: Some Parts of Reality May Seem Violent or Cruel.
globalwolf
Just Passing Through

Post by globalwolf »

resevil80 wrote:Don't base it on Silent Hill 3 and forget the first movie ever happened. They should have done an unconnected Game adaptation(Silent Hill 2 or The Room...Hell, even Homecoming) or it should have been an original story set in Silent Hill. Either way, Bassett did about as well as I expected, given that he was making an adaptation of SH3 and a direct sequel to the first film, which were both mistakes.
I think that a sequel to the first movie could have worked. The problem is, that's not really what this movie is. It's a sequel to the first video game, converted to movie format for no particular reason. That requires so much of the first movie to be altered that the whole thing just falls apart.

Instead of doing that, I would have just looked at the first movie, treated it as its own entity independent of the video game, and made the sequel that the film deserved. Most likely, it would have been more inspired by the second video game in the series, with Christopher going back to Silent Hill to look for his vanished wife years in the future.

This movie would, of course course, have Sean Bean saying, "Brace yourselves, the darkness is coming" at some point, because as corny as that reference is, I would feel compelled to make it. And, that's why I'm not allowed to actually make major Hollywood films.
Oddish
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Oddish »

I thought the ending with Sean Bean returning to the town alone was kind of lame. After all...

1. There's safety in numbers.
2. Rose is Heather/Cheryl's mother, and she wants her back.
3. HEATHER HAS FRICKIN' PYRAMID HEAD ON HER SIDE! Spitting monsters? PH will kill them. Nurses? PH will rape them. Mannequin spiders? PH will stomp them. All the humans will have to do is walk along behind him and ensure that they don't slip in any blood/stumble over any body parts. They'll have Rose back and be home in time for dinner.
Last edited by Oddish on 24 Jun 2014, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://www.silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=14918&start=0]See the SH2 Endings that WEREN'T chosen[/url]
phantomess
Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member

Post by phantomess »

Oddish wrote:ROSE HAS FRICKIN' PYRAMID HEAD ON HER SIDE!
I've only seen this once and it's been a while now, so maybe I'm forgetting something, but... what? I remember PH
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
coming to the rescue against cenobyte-Claudia
but that was for Heather. The only time I remember PH having anything to do with Rose was him trying to kill her in the school in the first movie.
I do remember some people claiming he wouldn't have actually killed her in that scene, he's controlled by Alessa etc... but I don't feel she has that kind of direct control over him at all.
Oddish
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Oddish »

Ooooops. I meant Heather or Cheryl. Movie's protagonist.

Point is, all she has to do is summon ol' Pyramid Head, tell him 'find my mom', then follow him. At a comfortable distance, so as not to get splattered with blood and guts when PH slices, dices, and juliennes every monster in their path. Because getting that crap on you can't be healthy!
[url=http://www.silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=14918&start=0]See the SH2 Endings that WEREN'T chosen[/url]
tbonesays
Hope House Careworker

Post by tbonesays »

Yeah the first film bears that internal contradiction that we discussed to death.
SHR punts the story back to the game. So does Harry get any favors from Alessa?

Spoiler mark it please, I don't want to find out.
Oddish wrote:Ooooops. I meant Heather or Cheryl. Movie's protagonist.

Point is, all she has to do is summon ol' Pyramid Head, tell him 'find my mom', then follow him. At a comfortable distance, so as not to get splattered with blood and guts when PH sl. ices, dices, and juliennes every monster in their path. Because getting that crap on you can't be healthy!
PH seems to be a free agent after the merry go round scene. Heather cannot summon him, and the town appears to be done with her.
Oddish
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Oddish »

It's kind of ambiguous... but you have to admit, it's kind of a funny thought.

Heather, Vincent, and Chris are walking through Silent Hill, well behind Pyramid Head, who's dragging his great knife and heading deeper into town. A straitjacket monster pops out, shuffling along. It spits acid at PH. Pyramid head looks mildly annoyed. He shoves his knife up the creature's rear end, sending the point out its head.

CHRIS: "That looked... very painful."

VINCENT: "Yeah, really."

Several more straitjacket monsters come out. PH swings his great knife, and a couple of heads go flying. He then splits another right down the middle. Halves of it peel off in opposite directions. A mannequin spider comes skittering up. PH pulls off one of its legs and uses it to smash the rest of the creature into a jumble of broken parts.

VINCENT: "Nasty."

HEATHER: "Hey, guys, don't trip on any body parts. It's kind of dark."

CHRIS: "Don't slip on any blood, either."

HEATHER (sees that she's splattered with gore from the ankles down): "Damn it! I liked these shoes."

A nurse comes shuffling out. It hits PH with a large club. PH drops his knife, grabs it, and begins assaulting it. Chris hurries over and covers Heather's eyes.

HEATHER: "Dad, what are you doing?"

CHRIS: "You're too young to be watching that."

HEATHER: "Dad, I'm 18 for crying out loud."

CHRIS: "But you'll always be my little girl."

HEATHER: "Can we please not go there?" (to PH, who is still having his way with the nurse monster) "Hey, can you speed it up? We're in a hurry here."

PH grunts assent, dumps the dead nurse on the floor, picks up his great knife, and shuffles onward.

VINCENT (staring down at the thing): "What is it with this town and nurses?"
tbonesays
Hope House Careworker

Post by tbonesays »

Oddish wrote:
HEATHER (sees that she's splattered with gore from the ankles down): "Damn it! I liked these shoes."
In the classroom scene you could add.

CLASSMATE "You get those clothes at Goodwill?"

HEATHER "How many decapitated necks get on your Banana Republic blouse?"
globalwolf
Just Passing Through

Post by globalwolf »

phantomess wrote: I do remember some people claiming he wouldn't have actually killed her in that scene, he's controlled by Alessa etc... but I don't feel she has that kind of direct control over him at all.
I don't know for certain that his being controlled by her would necessarily matter. At that point in the movie, Alessa Gillespie is still split into two different "people", with Dark Alessa being in control of Silent Hill and Sharon DaSilva hiding out in Dahlia's apartment. Dark Alessa is just the hatred, cruelty, and other negative aspects of the original person. There's no reason to believe that she would have any compassion or empathy toward Rose. She lets her live after the hospital because she needs her to get into the cult's church, and Machiavellian traits are definitely in keeping with the "all evil, all the time" thing. Otherwise, she would probably have killed her just to watch her die.
tbonesays
Hope House Careworker

Post by tbonesays »

globalwolf wrote:
phantomess wrote: I do remember some people claiming he wouldn't have actually killed her in that scene, he's controlled by Alessa etc... but I don't feel she has that kind of direct control over him at all.
I don't know for certain that his being controlled by her would necessarily matter. At that point in the movie, Alessa Gillespie is still split into two different "people", with Dark Alessa being in control of Silent Hill and Sharon DaSilva hiding out in Dahlia's apartment. Dark Alessa is just the hatred, cruelty, and other negative aspects of the original person. There's no reason to believe that she would have any compassion or empathy toward Rose. She lets her live after the hospital because she needs her to get into the cult's church, and Machiavellian traits are definitely in keeping with the "all evil, all the time" thing. Otherwise, she would probably have killed her just to watch her die.
Compassion or not, Dark Alessa was using Rose as a tool to exact revenge. That doesn't mix with the monsters attacking Rose.