Climax to release information on psych profiling

Ten years after the original game and Harry's still searching for his daughter.

Moderator: Moderators

Yuki
Historical Society Historian

Climax to release information on psych profiling

Post by Yuki »

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 869&type=1
Everyone that plays Silent Hill Shattered Memories has a different experience based on their own personality and psychology.

But how can a game read your mind?

We will soon release a video that will reveal - for the first time - the secret technology that allows Silent Hill to peer right into your soul!

Coming soon right here on Facebook..
five5sixers
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Re: Climax to release information on psych profiling

Post by five5sixers »

Looking forward to that. Damn excited.
Book of Memories ID: five5sixers
Soulless-Shadow
Subway Guard

Post by Soulless-Shadow »

That'll be interesting. Thanks for the heads up. :)
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

This'll be neat. As far as I know, no one's cracked the code on this system yet, it'll be interesting to see how close some people were.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
NanayaShiki
SHH Cult & SHHF Moderator

Post by NanayaShiki »

Yeah, some elements of it were obvious after a few playthroughs, but there were some details I never quite understood. Manipulating which ending one gets is easy, but I could never understand how to manipulate the little details and in all my many playthoughs some of the changeable elements were almost always exactly the same.

Very much looking forward to this video. Might inspire me to run through it again (I'm in the middle of a SH mood anyway, been playing Book of Memories and SH3).
Silent Fantasy

Post by Silent Fantasy »

I always figured a lot of it was random aside from the more obvious variations. I am honestly surprised they aren't leaving this a secret considering they actually made something that stumps everyone to a certain degree. That's rare in itself these days.
WARNING: Some Parts of Reality May Seem Violent or Cruel.
teosoleil
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by teosoleil »

Awesome to hear!

Though the psyche system wasn't as super-complex as some hype made it out to be.
tekkie
Just Passing Through

Post by tekkie »

i've played the game cso many times, and certain things still seem completely random. not significantly, but small things.

for example, i answer the first survey questions exactly the same way every time, and run through the game up through the diner/bar the same exact way every time.
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
the key to the door before the diner/bar is almost always in the left-most can, but about 10-20% of the time (maybe a little more?) it's in the middle can. in addition, i've gotten the bar instead of the diner on really rare occasions, and i'm not sure why, since i play *exactly* the same way every time. i played around with looking at different things in the psych office, but i don't get consistent results.
naturally, i'm very excited to see this :D
NanayaShiki

Post by NanayaShiki »

Well it's out and, to be honest, a little disappointing. It doesn't really go in-depth into anything at all. It just shows some of the different versions of the characters and scenery and says "this is all tailored to the player" without telling us many specifics. They didn't even touch on some of the smaller stuff like the variations of the ending (not the video clip, but the reveal scene itself) or how any of it works.

The only thing I didn't know is the specific numbers, that the Dr.K stuff makes up around 25% of the outcome, while 75% is the way you play and what you look at and whatnot. So, yeah, a nice little video but I was hoping for more. We all knew this stuff years ago.
Tillerman
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Tillerman »

It's not really surprising. If they actually let you look under the hood of the psych system, you would likely only be disappointed in what you see, so it's smarter of them not to reveal too much.
NanayaShiki

Post by NanayaShiki »

I don't think I'd be disappointed, considering we've known the basics of how it works for a long time (what you look at and how you go about things), which is what they explained. They even showed us the counter in real time. You can't get more under the hood than that. It's a great system for a great game, I just wanted them to go into more details and show more specifics. I suppose I was just expecting this video to be something different from what it was.

... and I still don't know how to get the bar to pop up instead of the diner. I've never gotten the bar, and I've tried every thing I've read on the internet from people saying they figured it out.