What's up with Eddie's clothes?

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

silenthilljack
Just Passing Through

Re: What's up with Eddie's clothes?

Post by silenthilljack »

Monster wrote: I also don't think Eddie is necessarily a manifestation, just that Silent Hill sort of 'chose' him for the very purpose of not only punishing him for his own crimes, but illuminating James' own childlike denial of his crime. When he kills Eddie, he becomes aware of his capacity to kill a human being, Angela and Laura serve a similar purpose, reflecting James' guilt toward the victim, and unspoiled love for Mary respectively.
^^^^^Yes I couldn't agree more, The silent hill team knew what they were doing and knew the fans would pick up on that. If we explore the game into further detail I believe almost everything, every item and every memo was carefully constructed to portray the mind of James.
Im here for James.
Glenn
Gravedigger

Post by Glenn »

Dr. Robotnik wrote: All of this mirrors the verbal abuse James suffered from Mary during her mood swings, and how he suffered in relative silence despite his emotional turmoil, which included feelings of great anger.
That just proves my point. He is angry with what Laura said, and has a right to. I mean, she's a little girl and even she is making fun of him. I'm not condoning Eddie's actions especially things such as killing a dog. It's one thing to hurt someone who has hurt you, but it is another thing to hurt innocents. Not that hurting people is the solution (though a lot of teachers are pathetic these days watching bullying happen and not doing anything.. off topic now).

I definitely think that Laura is there not only to serve James' curiosity with Mary and their story, but also to factor in Eddie's.

I read my post again, and the normal person wouldn't even be affected by a kid making snide remarks. But in his state, I think anything could push him over the edge. He lost it with James over a couple delicate comments. Eddie— what a sad story.
larry_lovage69
Just Passing Through

Post by larry_lovage69 »

I have known more than a couple people who were in over weight and in their 20s. None of them dressed like that. I think he has suffered so much mental abuse that he is beyond the point of caring and just throws on anything regardless of how it may look. Eddie knows he is going to be made fun of for something so why bother.
My Silent Hill/Heroscape Project
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=25196
FatalFrame
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by FatalFrame »

Maybe his mom dresses him? I'm kind of joking but he always struck me as the type to live at home still with an overly domineering/smothering mother. If he does and has no job maybe his mom picks out his clothes?
Are you ready to begin your trip to the Otherside
Death is an old friend of mine