I think it would have been great if...

Murphy's been a bad boy ...

Moderator: Moderators

Soulless-Shadow
Subway Guard

Re: I think it would have been great if...

Post by Soulless-Shadow »

eddieatemypizza wrote: your forgetting murphy has no guilt and no business even being in silent hill.

1. He didn't kill Napier
2. He didn't kill Coolidge

He has nothing to feel guilty about so why the town is aiming at him is beyond me.
Whether or not he killed either of them depends on the ending, and unless one has been made canon over the others and I missed it, they're all as likely.
AuraTwilight wrote: But Silent Hill wasn't after him because he killed anyone. It was after him because he was handling his grief incredibly poorly and was making a mockery of his son's memory.
That, and I suspect Anne may have played a large part in dragging Murphy into the otherworld.
thy_butcher wrote:Harry Mason had no "guilt" so why was he in Silent Hill?
Must resist urge to answer rhetorical question... >_<
thy_butcher wrote:Things aren't so cut-and-dry regarding Silent Hill; or at least they shouldn't be.
I agree. Nothing is ever so simple in the series, so why would the reason Murphy's in the otherworld suddenly be so simple?
thy_butcher wrote:I'm a big fan of Anne. I say look to her, & a lot of things tie together nicely.
Yep. Just like with SH2, I think what we see in the game is a combination of two (or more) people's thoughts, desires, and fears.
HeartlessBastard
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by HeartlessBastard »

Soulless-Shadow wrote: That, and I suspect Anne may have played a large part in dragging Murphy into the otherworld.
Yeah, I think the same thing. Her hatred towards Murphy made their Otherworld connect somehow. Maybe Murphy's guilt/sadness/darkness wasn't enough to drag him to Silent Hill.
"Good people should love their enemies" - Seu Madruga
wonder's boy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by wonder's boy »

When I realized that the dilemma in Downpour was just as much Anne's as it was Murphy's, I began seeing the Otherworld as an interdependent relationship of their guilts, fears, frustrations, desires, anger, and so on. They both have their own baggage, but the negative energies of these two characters greatly influence each other's experiences.

As much as I enjoyed playing Murphy's scenario, I have wanted to see what Anne's adventure through all this would look like. You know, when we don't know where she is between cut-scenes.
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
warfare315
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by warfare315 »

wonder's boy wrote:When I realized that the dilemma in Downpour was just as much Anne's as it was Murphy's, I began seeing the Otherworld as an interdependent relationship of their guilts, fears, frustrations, desires, anger, and so on. They both have their own baggage, but the negative energies of these two characters greatly influence each other's experiences.

As much as I enjoyed playing Murphy's scenario, I have wanted to see what Anne's adventure through all this would look like. You know, when we don't know where she is between cut-scenes.
Yeah... I really wish that they released that bug-fixing patch, but I would have preferred some hefty DLC over that.

I would have LOVED to play Anne's story... man, that would be awesome! I feel like if Vatra was confident enough, they could have had two campaign modes. They would compliment each other so well, and i felt we could have gone so much deeper into Anne as well.

But.... never gonna happen!
Another frequency perpetuated into context, trapped in the eternal paradox.
vaporeyesofficial.bandcamp.com
Facebook.com/vaporeyesofficial
Leo Ho Tep
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Leo Ho Tep »

it would have been awesome to share Anne's point of view. Regardless, the game as it exists today is deep and interesting enough, and even if we lack her POV, she's an engaging character.
HeartlessBastard
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by HeartlessBastard »

Leo Ho Tep wrote:it would have been awesome to share Anne's point of view. Regardless, the game as it exists today is deep and interesting enough, and even if we lack her POV, she's an engaging character.
I think there'll be a another commic about this. I mean, about Anne.
"Good people should love their enemies" - Seu Madruga
Leo Ho Tep
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Leo Ho Tep »

this was supposed to happen, but I think it got cancelled sadly!