Silent Hills / PT Team

Come here to chat about Kojima's now sadly defunct Silent Hills.

Moderator: Moderators

Vixx
Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Silent Hills / PT Team

Post by Vixx »

Via the wonderful folks at neogaf:

The staff mentioned at the end:

Tsutomu Kokufu (Dissidia: Final Fantasy Art)
Masahiro Nose (Ninja Gaiden 2 character artist)
Shota Hirasawa (Demon's Souls, Dark Souls CG Staff/Director)
Shogo Asai (MGS4 Programming)
Koichiro Ito (MGS5 Management)
Nobumitsu Tanaka (MGS2-3 Programmer, Dev Tools)
Youngho Kim (Film Cinematographer)
Takayuki Aoki (MGS2-3 Programmer)
Takashi Nakagawa (Film Composer)

V xx

© 2003-2024 Vixx. The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of silenthillforum.com. Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited. No, I can't believe this place is still up and running, either.
Huknar
Just Passing Through

Re: Silent Hills / PT Team

Post by Huknar »

I'm interested to know whether these were just the guys involved in making the teaser, or whether they are the ones who will be heading the actual game, and if so, who else! Thanks for posting this.
NanayaShiki
SHH Cult & SHHF Moderator

Post by NanayaShiki »

I assume it's for the trailer, but I wouldn't be surprised if most (or all) of them wind up on the final game too. Seems to be a lot of MGS people involved and this IS being done by Kojima Productions, so yeah.
Droo

Post by Droo »

Didn't Masahiro Ito say he was willing to work on Silent Hill again if Kojima was involved?
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
NanayaShiki

Post by NanayaShiki »

Droo wrote:Didn't Masahiro Ito say he was willing to work on Silent Hill again if Kojima was involved?
I believe he said that on Twitter, yeah. I'd suggest someone ask him if he's involved, but we wouldn't get a straight answer if he was, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Huknar
Just Passing Through

Post by Huknar »

Droo wrote:Didn't Masahiro Ito say he was willing to work on Silent Hill again if Kojima was involved?
He did. And Kojima would be a fool not to enlist him. Although the lack of his name on the credits does question that, but then this was just a (apparently unrelated) teaser. There is still hope yet. Whoever did the music though, if it wasn't Akira, they can stay! I've never seen anyone channel the first two game's soundtrack so perfectly like that.
NanayaShiki

Post by NanayaShiki »

Huknar wrote:
He did. And Kojima would be a fool not to enlist him. Although the lack of his name on the credits does question that, but then this was just a (apparently unrelated) teaser. There is still hope yet. Whoever did the music though, if it wasn't Akira, they can stay! I've never seen anyone channel the first two game's soundtrack so perfectly like that.
I'm assuming ti was Takashi Nakagawa.
Droo

Post by Droo »

Ludvig Forssell, I think. Maybe?
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
Drainage64
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Drainage64 »

NanayaShiki wrote:
I believe he said that on Twitter, yeah. I'd suggest someone ask him if he's involved, but we wouldn't get a straight answer if he was, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Of course we would possibly get a straight answer if he was NOT involved, therefore a non-answer could be rightfully suggestive of a thing. :)
-=Let's Positive thinking=-
Tillerman
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Tillerman »

I'd still like to see Akira Yamaoka come back, at the very least. His work on the last 3 Silent Hill games was sometimes uninspired, but considering that the games themselves tended to be uninspired, I don't blame him at all. (And his soundtrack for Shattered Memories is actually underrated and is easily the best thing about that game.) It's hard to make a good soundtrack when you're not excited about what you're working about, there's no passion. But I feel like if Akira were asked to come back, this new project is exciting enough that the passion might be rekindled.

And Akira has still been doing good work since then. His work on the Lollipop Chainsaw soundtrack (although not a horror game) is actually pretty fantastic. He's still got the chops.
unreadphilosophy
Historical Society Historian

Post by unreadphilosophy »

I don't think there's a Silent Hill soul on this planet who's not praying for Akira to return. What gives me hope is that Kojima is the type of guy who cares about his fanbase. Knowing that, I'm sure he's trying to track him down right now.
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

Mashiro Ito is freelance now I think. I really hope they manage to get him back if they haven't already.

Akira is also freelance but is working with Grasshopper a lot. Kojima and Suda51 are pretty tight, so no doubt getting ahold or Akira is simple, though that might also depend on whether he's free or Kojima might also try other composers given that a lot of this seems like a big change up.
Matt S
Gravedigger

Post by Matt S »

Getting Masahiro Ito would be huge. New fans would not know him, but he is Silent Hill personified to a lot of older fans

I'd love for Akira to come back, but leave the singer behind this time. Too same-y last couple of his games. And whether they used him or not, his trademark sound was all over P.T. demo

Not gonna lie, that list of talent is nothing short of shocking.
RIP Silent Hills
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

Just FYI, here's what we've last known about the current locale of previous Team Silent Members, also from Gaf:

Shingo Yuri (character artist) is still at Konami, where he worked on MGS5 Ground Zeroes as a character artist

Norihito Hatakeda (graphics engine programmer) last worked on Ground Zeroes as a Lead Level Editor Engineer.

Minako Asano (character artist) last worked on Neverdead as a character artist

Masahiro Ito (monster design) is working as a freelancer with a couple of contractual jobs for Konami related to Silent Hill

Akira Yamaoka (sound director) is working for Grasshopper, as many may know

Last I heard, Hiroyuki Owaku (scenario writer SH1-3) is writing for mobile dating sims for Konami

Masashi Tsuboyama (director/designer) last made a game for Nintendo (Locksley's Lineup)

Suguru Murakoshi (drama animation/director) last worked on MGS4 for Konami. No idea what he's doing now.

Takayoshi Sato (cgi director and character artist) last worked on Moonbase Alpha for NASA (it's an educational game) for the company Virtual Heroes Inc..

No idea what Sachiko Sugawara is doing.

Kazuhide Nakazawa (character and monster motion) last worked on MGS Peace Walker. No idea what he's doing now.

Gozo Kitao (producer) last worked on MGS4. No idea what he's doing now.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.ph ... count=3452
Matt S
Gravedigger

Post by Matt S »

Thanks for the update - that's great...this is all news to me
RIP Silent Hills
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

For reference: Kojima's tweet from awhile back...
Matt S
Gravedigger

Post by Matt S »

Very interesting. Talent alone has people talking. E Online's FB page about Silent Hill has 7000 comments and its all pretty much positive.

WOW! Konami should have done this years ago
RIP Silent Hills
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

Apparently Yamaoka has heard our calls, but isn't saying anything -

Akira Yamaoka
11 mins ·
Recently, I've been getting a lot of messages or inquiries about my possible recent activities. Trust me, I read them all.
I'm so lucky and blessed to have everyone who loves my music.
Thank you all sooooo much!
Let me just say I am very very grateful for everyone!
Thank you and I love you all!!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.ph ... count=3781
Huknar
Just Passing Through

Post by Huknar »

Oh wow! Akira is totally dodging the question. Makes me think he has been approached! And they are keeping it under wraps to announce his involvement. :)
Matt S
Gravedigger

Post by Matt S »

Huknar wrote:Oh wow! Akira is totally dodging the question. Makes me think he has been approached! And they are keeping it under wraps to announce his involvement. :)
If he returned that would be great. Fact is dodging a direct answer does make one wonder.....a non answer can be an answer
RIP Silent Hills