Cheryl is in Denial ending + Wicked and Weak ending?

Ten years after the original game and Harry's still searching for his daughter.

Moderator: Moderators

predxeno
Just Passing Through

Cheryl is in Denial ending + Wicked and Weak ending?

Post by predxeno »

Is it possible to get both these in one playthrough? I tried to get the Denial ending with the Drunk Dad ending but I failed and got Angry Cheryl instead. Can anyone give me tips for getting BOTH the endings in the title? (This isn't about getting just 1 ending but both at the same time, therefore some of the things I have to do are a bit contradictory).
HeartlessBastard
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Re: Cheryl is in Denial ending + Wicked and Weak ending?

Post by HeartlessBastard »

Most of thing you have to do to achieve a certain ending is just up to interpretation, so it's not necessarily contradictory.

To get Wicked and Weak: Don't answer to phone calls. Look away from people when talking to them during cut-scenes. Also, refrain from looking much at anything but thing related to violence and bad stuff in general.
Like, there's a corpse or bloody section on the game, spend some time looking at it. For example, that skined animal under the hunter's cabin. If Harry gives a it comment, it means it's working. Also, give Lisa the wrong pill.

As for the denial ending, just ignore the therapy, lolfy it, like, making gay couples, painting the house completely in black, not looking at Doctor K. at all during the sections. Make sure you don't want to let Harry go and treat the therapy like it's a waste of time.
"Good people should love their enemies" - Seu Madruga
predxeno
Just Passing Through

Post by predxeno »

I just tried to get the Denial ending but I ended up wasting 6 hours getting the Angry Cheryl one. I am SO pissed. What did I do wrong? I looked at the lamp in therapy, I said no to every question, I didn't participate in any of the therapy activities, and I even let myself drown in the car and in the path to the lighthouse. The only thing I can think of is that when I was shaking my head no, I had to cross my cursor over Dr. K's face (I have a Wii). Does anyone know what happened?

EDIT: Another thing, I chose to not color in the house at all instead of making it black.
HeartlessBastard
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Yeah, it has been I while since I don't play this game.
That's all I know. Sorry I can't help you, mate.
predxeno
Just Passing Through

Post by predxeno »

I've tried repeatedly to get the Wicked and Weak ending but keep failing, the only thing I can think of that I'm messing up are the phone calls; I always hang up when they ring but they keep coming back to call me so I pick them up the 2nd time to shut them up or to allow the game to progress, also I listen to any voicemails and read any texts they leave me. Is this what I'm doing wrong?
PeachySakura24
Historical Society Historian

Post by PeachySakura24 »

There are a few therapy sessions you have to say yes to in order to get Wicked & Weak. I am pretty sure I got Denial with W&W once, but I don't remember how. I kept getting W&W when aiming for Drunk Dad lol.
predxeno
Just Passing Through

Post by predxeno »

Interesting, I read that a few other people got wicked and weak when aiming for drunk dad as well. I finally got Cheryl is in Denial/Hero Forever ending, I was trying to unlock both while putting an emphasis on Wicked and Weak but I got Hero Forever and Love Lost.

I also speedran through the game, didn't answer the phone, didn't read messages, didn't listen to voicemails, didn't get echo photos/memories, etc. Perhaps that also helped, maybe if you beat the game fast enough, it thinks you really care about Cheryl.
PeachySakura24

Post by PeachySakura24 »

Is Hero Forever the Love Lost ending? If I missed an ending, I will cry. The endings are on weird triggers. I kept a save point after the nightmare sequence at Harry's house so I wouldn't have to run the maze again, and I ended up changing the ending a few times just by looking at things differently or zooming in and out quickly on things. Very strange game.
HeartlessBastard
Cafe5to2 Waitress

PeachySakura24 wrote:Is Hero Forever the Love Lost ending? If I missed an ending, I will cry.
No, it's the scene before the ending. Hero forever is the one
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Cheryl accepts her delusional father, even knowing he does not exists. It's also the only one he doesn't freeze.
PeachySakura24

Post by PeachySakura24 »

So Cheryl in Denial and Forever Hero are the same?
HeartlessBastard
Cafe5to2 Waitress

I believe so, yes. The first time I had this ending it was a real shock. Everytime I play this game I see something new. It's like MGS2 or 3.
Oddish
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Oddish »

I think all the possible endings can probably be found on Youtube, if you just want to see what happens.

I think my first ending was Wicked and Weak, probably due to my AS-fueled answers to Dr. K's test questions. But I think I had Harry freeze... pretty sure I didn't have Cheryl and her mom reconcile, though. By and large, less than successful.
[url=http://www.silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=14918&start=0]See the SH2 Endings that WEREN'T chosen[/url]