Is the town itself being renamed to 'Silent Hills'?

Come here to chat about Kojima's now sadly defunct Silent Hills.

Moderator: Moderators

Skele
Subway Guard

Re: The 'S' in Silent Hills

Post by Skele »

jdnation wrote: Or...

And this is out of left field here...

It could actually suggest that there are two Silent Hill games in production...

One by Kojima... one by Del Toro... one 1st person, one third person, two separate products that could be taking the episodic nature of MGSV (Ground Zeroes / Phantom Pain) A prologue and a main chapter? Two different games with a common connecting theme? Maybe one shorter Downloadable and one full length retail? Maybe they're both included in the same package and both Kojima and Del Toro are crafting two separate but overlapping experiences?

Kojima has discussed looking at game development in an episodic nature to get games out faster... And this is one thing he's tried with MGSV already. Who knows?
I would love this!
Rev
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Rev »

Ryantology wrote:Image
Ooohhhhh! That'd be kind of awesome.
DeclanM
Just Passing Through

Re: Is the town itself being renamed to 'Silent Hills'?

Post by DeclanM »

Does anyone else think that the "s" pluralisation is a commitment from this creative team to make multiple games in this series (concurrent not dual)? I believe that inSANE was a planned trilogy.
Sith_Dreamer
Just Passing Through

Post by Sith_Dreamer »

That reminds me of the people who wrote Metal Gear Solid over the The Phantom Pain title, and then they eventually did it in a trailer. Interesting idea.
"Once More the Sith Shall Rule the Galaxy!"- Palpatine
"Welcome to My Nightmare!"- Freddy Krueger
dias17se
Just Passing Through

Post by dias17se »

They so are gonna add canon story. I feel they will explain a lot of what always made the franchise mysterious .
sh#1fan
Historical Society Historian

Post by sh#1fan »

You forgot SH: Play novel XD

I don't think it will be called silent hills. I think that's just the TT name for it atm
oO?
Its Gone Now
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Its Gone Now »

dias17se wrote:They so are gonna add canon story. I feel they will explain a lot of what always made the franchise mysterious .
I seriously hope they do not try to explain too much and ruin the mystery, also it's not really their place to explain too much of the big stuff, it's like if they were changing the name of the town (even just adding 1 letter) it would be too much of a liberty.
globalwolf
Just Passing Through

Post by globalwolf »

My guess would be that there are going to be multiple towns with circumstances similar to Silent Hill's, and the game is going to involve a lot of mythos building.
Oddish
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Oddish »

From what I saw in the teaser, I have two possible theories, one "horizontal" and one "vertical".

HORIZONTAL THEORY: There are a near-infinite number of parallel universes, each a little different. When you're passing through that door, you're transported to a different reality, just a little different from the last, even if the difference is only a time one. In one reality, things might be "normal", in another, the lights are red, in another there's that freaky thing in the sink, etc.

VERTICAL THEORY: I've often theorized that Silent Hill is kind of like an elevator shaft connecting our world and hell itself (or the devs' interpretation thereof). As you go from room to room, you are descending lower and lower, which is why things seem to get more nightmarish the further along you go.
[url=http://www.silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=14918&start=0]See the SH2 Endings that WEREN'T chosen[/url]
Kyou
Just Passing Through

Post by Kyou »

I guess Kojima was infatuated with other languages other than Japanese which has no true plural form for the nouns, so he wanted to add an "s" for the lulz.
Y hi thar =)