Info from Reno Comicon

Come here to chat about Kojima's now sadly defunct Silent Hills.

Moderator: Moderators

jdnation
Historical Society Historian

Info from Reno Comicon

Post by jdnation »

Norman Reedus was at Reno Comicon earlier this week.
http://www.visitrenotahoe.com/reno-taho ... -comic-con

Snake Soup member Smiley was also there and shared this information concerning Silent Hills.

"So yeah, this just happened. Obviously, I couldn't get a whole lot of info on the new Silent Hill, but I've learned a few things from him that he could tell me.

1. It was Del Toro that introduced him to Hideo Kojima and he accepted the part because he owes his first film to Del Toro.
2. What they pitched him was to make the scariest video game of all time and that's the tone they are going for.
3. He hasn't started working on the actual project yet because he just finished wrapping up the mid season of Walking Dead, but he expects to get started with most of the work in early 2015.

That's all I can say, but it was great having him over in Reno. I look forward to seeing what he brings to Silent Hills."
golden filter
Just Passing Through

Re: Info from Reno Comicon

Post by golden filter »

the wait is going to be the scariest part methinks
Matt S
Gravedigger

Post by Matt S »

Thanks for the highlights....I suspect SH will be pretty quiet until next year...
RIP Silent Hills
Leo Ho Tep
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Leo Ho Tep »

that's going to be a long wait.

But we will have Silent Hills, Twin Peaks and Batman V superman the same year. 2016 will rock!
jdnation
Historical Society Historian

Post by jdnation »

Norman Reedus said a little more recently...
During a recent Reddit AMA, Norman Reedus, who will be doing the voice and motion capture Silent Hills’s unnamed protagonist, talked about his involvement with the project. When asked what his experience of working on the game is like so far and how Kojima and del Toro approached him, he replied with the following.

"I’m super excited to be a part of that . Both those guys are geniuses at what they do . We haven’t shot the heavy stuff yet. Kojima approached me right after Guillermo did."
http://www.thenasian.com/2014/12/22/nor ... ent-hills/