Theory based on how Rebirth could have panned out.

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

JamesInWater
Just Passing Through

Theory based on how Rebirth could have panned out.

Post by JamesInWater »

I always wondered what would happen after James finished the ritual to rebirth Mary. An idea I jave been toying around with is that Mary is reborn but she is pregnant with God. For a while they are both extremely happy but after a while Mary starts to cough... she falls ill to the disease again and James, who has learned from his previous mistake does his best to be good to her and keep his sanity but to no avail. Mary suffers a hell of a lot and this pain, both physical and emotional for the both of them, as they are reliving the same nightmare all over again is enough to nurture the god and birth it into the world.

Now it could go either way, James is a total badass and kills the god, he is rewarded with a reincarnated baby Mary or maybe a reincarnated adult Mary. Shit we could even take this one step further and he is rewarded with a reincarnated fusion of Mary and Maria, just like Heather is a fusion of Cheryl and Alessa. (I believe that Maria was born of both James and Mary's desires and therefore has a part of Mary's soul within her, this is evidenced by the fact she has Mary's memories and parts of her personality). James finally gets his perfect woman, I just hope this reincarnation doesn't fall ill...

Alternatively, the god is too powerful due to lack of Agloaphatis (sp?). And squishes James like a bug and brings in an age of darkness and suffering and yadda yadda. Please keep in mind this is purely my conjecture, I am not stating it as truth nor am I implying that Rebirth is canon.
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Re: Theory based on how Rebirth could have panned out.

Post by AuraTwilight »

I always liked the idea that he just gets Mary as a baby straight up. If it was possible to bring back an ordinary person pregnant with God, Dahlia would've done it; the mother needs to have special powers.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
JamesInWater
Just Passing Through

Post by JamesInWater »

I like the baby idea too, it is a very pure and nice outcome however it might not be the best outcome for James conscidering his wife has become a kind of daughter. Would she need reminding of her past life like Heather did? That would be an awkeard conversation. "By the way Mary, in a past life you were my wife who became ill and I smothered you with a pillow to end your pain, you were mean and I was horny. I then went through my own personal hell consyructed of my own delusions and brought you back as a baby". Talk about Jerry Springer material.

Good point about Dahlia trying it if it would have been a way to impregnate someone with the God.
I just had another idea taking into account what we know happens in SH4 upon completion of the Rebirth ritual when Walter performs it on himself after commiting sucide. Walter is reborn but not physically, he becomes a spirit in a world he controls. Therefore my assumption is Mary would be reborn as a spirit in her own otherworld in Silent Hill, crafted by her own subconscious and will. Conscidering how much she loved Silent Hill and how pure she was I imagine it would be a paradise. She would create her and James' perfect special place and I also believe she would choose to share it with James, as we have seen her forgive him, so she has that capacity in her heart. She creates the paradise and draws James into her world, just as Walter could do with his victims. She would probobly draw Laura into her world aswell so all 3 of them could live as a happy family just as she always wanted.
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

Again, doesn't really work; Walter got all those results because he was performing a mass murder ritual. :P
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
JamesInWater
Just Passing Through

Post by JamesInWater »

Ah I see, I thought it was the rebirth ritual that suddenly created his own world, it has been a fair few years since I last played SH4, I just thought the first 10 killings were necessary for the whole Descent of the Holy Mother part, not for creating his whole world aswell.

Maybe it just gets all Pet Semetary for James after he tries to bring Mary Back :p

I JUST WANT A HAPPY ENDING GODDAMMIT. Why does this game have to be so depressing haha.
HeartlessBastard
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by HeartlessBastard »

I always imagined that they both changed names and decided to live in Canada. At least that what I would have done.
"Good people should love their enemies" - Seu Madruga
JamesInWater
Just Passing Through

Post by JamesInWater »

I would have tried the whole "Well it turns out there was a cure" thing. As long as Mary went along with it you would assume all their family and friends would be too overjoyed she was well again to start nitpicking over details.
Oddish
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Oddish »

AuraTwilight wrote:I always liked the idea that he just gets Mary as a baby straight up.
Me too, though for me it was more an absurd thought than anything else (I have a Rejected Ending on the subject). Maybe because I didn't really like thinking of the idea of James wanting his wife, but getting back a helpless infant that he has to care for when he can barely care for himself. I could see him adopting Laura; she's tough and independent and can look after most of her own needs. An infant Mary would be another matter entirely.

In any case, my idea for "Rebirth"? James performs the ritual. He offers the mandated price (his immortal soul, most likely) to the being called the Crimson One. Mary is restored to life. She and James leave Silent Hill together. Laura goes with them, and is subsequently adopted by them. They are happy for awhile, then the "Crimson One" comes and collects its debt...

A bit straightforward, maybe, and not as creative as some of my ideas. But it's my theory nonetheless.
[url=http://www.silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=14918&start=0]See the SH2 Endings that WEREN'T chosen[/url]
Lifetolifeless
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Lifetolifeless »

I've always enjoyed Knickknack's take on this ending. It's been around forever, but if you're new to this community, there's a good chance you've missed it.

Patience is the darkest side of power.
Postcode
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Postcode »

JamesInWater wrote: Maybe it just gets all Pet Semetary for James after he tries to bring Mary Back :p
I kinda figured it was going to be some sort of Pet Sematary or Monkey's Paw deal, which is the main reason I didn't like this ending. It just felt a bit cheesy to me, though I can't really say precisely why.
For anyone that might be interested in such things, some links to my music, of the alternative rock kind -
http://postcode.bandcamp.com/
http://soundcloud.com/zebracore
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Postcode/99794277098

And my Post-Rock band Nanaki -
https://nanaki.bandcamp.com
Oddish
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Oddish »

It didn't feel cheesy to me. It felt deeply unsettling. I don't know what the future holds for Jamesie once he starts the Crimson Ceremony, but one way or the other, it won't be good.
[url=http://www.silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=14918&start=0]See the SH2 Endings that WEREN'T chosen[/url]