Heather Mason a lesbian?

Heather finds out why it's true that you shouldn't talk to strangers. Or look in mirrors, quite honestly.

Moderator: Moderators

Is Heather and cybil lesbians

Yes
15%
No
44%
I don't know
41%

Total votes: 41

Locust163
Just Passing Through

Re: Heather Mason a lesbian?

Post by Locust163 »

this thread....omg...
heathersgirlfriend
Just Passing Through

Post by heathersgirlfriend »

There isn't really canon support for Heather being gay, but there's no support for her being straight either. The only reason anyone thinks she's straight is because our society views heterosexuality as the default, which is totally unpleasant but that's a different story all together.
I personally headcanon Heather as gay, but that's because I'm a lesbian and find Heather to be really hot, and like little fourteen year old me who was just starting to maybe process the fact of her own sexuality had a huge crush on Heather and identified with her a lot, so Heather being not straight is really important to me personally, but that doesn't have anything to do with what her canon sexuality is or isn't.
Last edited by heathersgirlfriend on 15 Apr 2015, edited 1 time in total.
<3<3<3<3<3<3 <3
Nebulaphobia
Just Passing Through

Post by Nebulaphobia »

^what she said. Maybe Travis is gay, he did seem to have an obsession with mirrors...
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

...What does that have to do with anything?
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Nebulaphobia
Just Passing Through

Post by Nebulaphobia »

I was being facetious, it's like saying Heather is a lesbian because she has short hair... It doesn't mean anything. Sorry if I wasn't clear :)
Kenji

Post by Kenji »

For some reason, every time I see this topic, I scan it as, "Harry Mason a lesbian?"

I digress...

Clearly, Cybil is a lesbian because she rides a motorcycle, which is psychoanalytically an analogue for a big dick. Cybil wishes she had a big dick, so she can bone all the dykes, and she passed it on to Heather (Good+ confirmed!!) because, as we all know, homosexuality is learned. :)

P.S.: Cybil also has a handgun, which means she wants, like, a double-penis. Since Heather carries several guns, this expresses her unconscious desire to be even manlier than Cybil. It's a good thing the two never met, or they'd have to duel to the death. For this is the Law of Adopted Manliness.

P.P.S.: Symbolism for Closer confirmed: It's made out of penises! :shock:
Nebulaphobia
Just Passing Through

Post by Nebulaphobia »

Kenji wrote:Clearly, Cybil is a lesbian because she rides a motorcycle, which is psychoanalytically an analogue for a big dick.
Gotta love Freud :lol:
Its Gone Now
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Its Gone Now »

There isn't a lot of evidence either way.

I think being in SH will kill the libido pretty sharpish.

I'm no homophobe but I don't think it's that offensive to say that heterosexuality is default because by definition it kind of is.

But there is no default for the human psyche.

Freud's theories are incredibly Archaic and he has been largely disproved.

If he believed his Oedipus theory then logically speaking he must have wanted to do both of those things, why else would he have believed it?
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

Nebulaphobia wrote:^what she said. Maybe Travis is gay, he did seem to have an obsession with mirrors...
Well, even if you are facetious there's still that monster humping another monster... What is the name again? Two-backs? I remember a theory awhile back stating that it could represent homosexual intercourse. True or not, it's interesting to take notice.
ConcealedByFlauros
Just Passing Through

Post by ConcealedByFlauros »

Well, if there's a 50% chance Heather is gay, and a 50% chance Heather is straight, then by the laws of probability she must be bi because bi is half gay and half straight.

Queer Erat Demonstradum
Nebulaphobia
Just Passing Through

Post by Nebulaphobia »

Mephisto wrote:
Nebulaphobia wrote:^what she said. Maybe Travis is gay, he did seem to have an obsession with mirrors...
Well, even if you are facetious there's still that monster humping another monster... What is the name again? Two-backs? I remember a theory awhile back stating that it could represent homosexual intercourse. True or not, it's interesting to take notice.
Oh really? Haven't heard that one, no reason why it couldn't be true though.
ConcealedByFlauros wrote:bi is half gay and half straight.
I don't think it's quite that black and white..
ConcealedByFlauros
Just Passing Through

Post by ConcealedByFlauros »

It was a joke, I tried to type it so that the sarcastic tone was oozing from it but I guess I didn't succeed. I'm genderfluid and pansexual so I know sexuality isn''t that simple trust me.

Also it's not literally 50/50, we have no way of actually assigning a numeric probability to the possible sexual orientations of Heather, I was just playing with a common phrase. Also, the probability of her being bi would probably be independent of the probability of her being straight or gay, or at least not simply a sum of the two. Also, a hundred percent probability isn't certainty. Also, I know that half gay half bi isn't straight. Also a lot of things, but nonetheless that was the point *shrug*
Agent of God
Subway Guard

Post by Agent of God »

Kenji wrote: Since Heather carries several guns, this expresses her unconscious desire to be even manlier than Cybil. It's a good thing the two never met, or they'd have to duel to the death. For this is the Law of Adopted Manliness.
And let's not forget...
We are still here...
AlbertWesker
Just Passing Through

Post by AlbertWesker »

It seems to me that there is not actual suggestion for thinking of Heather as a lesbian.

Anyway, we don't actually know much about that part of the life of Heather (the rape or penetration themes may have to do more with impregnation), but we can not actually affirm "she is straight", because she may very well be sleeping with girls in her spare time, but we don't know about it, nor it shall be of our concern, because that is not some theme of Heather's story.

For that reason, we may say one thing or the other, because it doesn't matter since it doesn't contradicts the game's story or character.
"Cierto que vuseñoría
-perdóneme si me atrevo-
tiene en el juicio a veces,
que no en el entendimiento,
mil lúcidos intervalos."
Kenji

Post by Kenji »

Agent of God wrote:
Kenji wrote: Since Heather carries several guns, this expresses her unconscious desire to be even manlier than Cybil. It's a good thing the two never met, or they'd have to duel to the death. For this is the Law of Adopted Manliness.
And let's not forget...
Believe me, I've tried several times to come up with pseudo-psych bullshit worthy of this image... but, alas, I am not worthy. :cry:
Kaiser
Just Passing Through

Post by Kaiser »

I find this thread very insluting
Pastucci
Just Passing Through

Post by Pastucci »

^

Insluting?

Was that an intentional mispelling, because it cracked me up.
Heaven's Night
<3
SPRINGS02
Location: i'm sick of these monkey fighting snakes on this monday to friday plane.

Post by SPRINGS02 »

How did i miss this thread?
Pastucci
Just Passing Through

Post by Pastucci »

^
Because it's "insluting", apparently hahaha
Heaven's Night
<3