Things Gum Heads can steal from you

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

SH3girl32
Gravedigger

Post by SH3girl32 »

Only certain Gumheads can steal from you. The ones that look more human-like. However I haven't had anything stolen from me. I try to keep at a safe distance when fighting them. I don't know how they could have stolen a holy candle though, that's so odd. Henry can't use it as a weapon and I thought only equipped items could be stolen.
HeartlessBastard
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Re:

Post by HeartlessBastard »

rm2kking wrote:That's ture, you got your nurses and doctors, your grey children, mumblers and larval stalkers, groaners and wormheads, and air screamers and night flutters. I like that variation. SH3 kinda did that too with like darker versions of the monsters covered in like, crawling darkness. It's something the series has almost lost.
Origins did that also with the Straight Jacked I believe. There's the normal yellow-brownish one, and a red one, stronger. The red one serves a the first boss, but it also appears latter in the theater.
Akheon wrote:I earlier posted an idea of letting Gum Heads steal as many items as possible, then be a witness to the grueling sight of all the stolen possessions in one room at B1 (where they have been set to spawn).

Today I began by letting one steal 11 Holy Candles from me. Seems no more than three items can appear in the B1 room at the same time, the rest go into a queue (and more items can be spawned by leaving the room and returning). I haven't yet tried if anything interesting happens once you get all the 30 something stealable items into the queue.
I wonder, if you do that in the first round, when you come back later are they still there.
"Good people should love their enemies" - Seu Madruga
Its Gone Now
My Bestsellers Clerk

Re: Things Gum Heads can steal from you

Post by Its Gone Now »

It's strange I have played this game multiple times on every difficulty and I have never had this happen to me, does anyone know if you have to be on hard for it to happen, maybe only when you're on low health or something I don't know. :?
HeartlessBastard
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by HeartlessBastard »

It always happened to me. Usually, it was useful coz they could steal the broken golf blubs, leaving more space in the inventory.
"Good people should love their enemies" - Seu Madruga
HeresJohnny
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by HeresJohnny »

I was unaware that they could steal anything. Interesting. If I could go back for another play through I would but my PS2 was left at an exes house and is in "ex-purgatory" now so my PS2 days are all just memories now. lol
Dead Stuff and Thaaangs ~ http://ZombieStop.com
Its Gone Now
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Its Gone Now »

You can get a PS2 second hand in quite good condition dirt cheap, I picked one up in a Gamestation bout 18 months ago for £20, may be able to get one even cheaper if you are lucky.

Don't know why they didn't add SH4 to the HD collection, you can't even download it on PSN, aggravating.
Seal of Megatron
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Seal of Megatron »

A small tip. If you happen to have a older ps2 that does that skipping and clicking thing, a minor adjustment to the distance the lens is from the disc usually fixes them, it's just a matter of adjusting a screw.
Who's the man? Me!!
butcher0302
Just Passing Through

Post by butcher0302 »

I beat all the game in normal and this never happened but in a second playtrough in easy they stealed my pipe from the inventory. But I minded that they only steal weapons not items. Anyway, I will try it.
butcher0302
Just Passing Through

Post by butcher0302 »

I beat the game in normal but in a second playtrough playing in easy they stealed my pipe from the inventory. But I minded that they only steal weapons not items. Anyway, I will try it.
Renacimiento
Just Passing Through

Post by Renacimiento »

haha Interesting, didn't know they could steal you something. The first time I heard this, yep. And indeed I don't remember that ever happened to me. I guess I'll have to check it again.

I wonder if I need to do something specific to force that to happen, as stand near them without doing anything and with some item in hand?
MariaRising
Gravedigger

Post by MariaRising »

I never thought they could do that. I'm currently doing a playthrough of the game and will definitely keep my eyes open for it.