Speculation on Alessa

Truck drivin' Travis detours into Silent Hill. Tree Top Tall & Wall-to-Wall, Good Buddy.

Moderator: Moderators

silentmumbler
Just Passing Through

Speculation on Alessa

Post by silentmumbler »

I didn't find anything like this, so if it's been said before, I'm sorry.

Anyway, I recently began playing Origins. At the very beginning in the burning house, Alessa's "trick" with the fire just made me go completely WTF. I mean, it looked like a magic spell or something. However, it did get me thinking. Alessa was harassed by others for being a witch, right? It makes me wonder if Alessa is actually the Order's God. According to SH3, God is a woman, and Alessa obviously had some kind of mystic power, possibly holy power. If this is true, it makes me laugh that the Order ruined the coming of God by unknowingly trying to force her to give birth to what they believed to be God. Any thoughts?
Soulless-Shadow
Subway Guard

Re: Speculation on Alessa

Post by Soulless-Shadow »

I doubt it. Not sure if you've played SH4, so spoilers:
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Alessa isn't the only character in the SH series with power. Walter is apparently more powerful than Alessa, and was also used in an attempt to create God (but via different means, and by a different faction than Dahlia).
I think Alessa was just an innocent child who happened to have strange powers, who also had the misfortune of being born to a crazy bitch.
Aerith Gainsborough
Historical Society Historian

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

Also...

[spoilers]Alessa birthed...herself?[/spoilers]
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

Uh...Alessa has psychic powers. That's why she was chosen to birth God in the first place.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
HeartlessBastard
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by HeartlessBastard »

silentmumbler wrote:I didn't find anything like this, so if it's been said before, I'm sorry.

Anyway, I recently began playing Origins. At the very beginning in the burning house, Alessa's "trick" with the fire just made me go completely WTF. I mean, it looked like a magic spell or something.
That was Valtiel trying to save the vessel of God. Alessa wanted to die, but she could't do it in a normal way, because Valtiel protected her.
"Good people should love their enemies" - Seu Madruga
Pastucci
Just Passing Through

Post by Pastucci »

silentmumbler wrote:I didn't find anything like this, so if it's been said before, I'm sorry.

Anyway, I recently began playing Origins. At the very beginning in the burning house, Alessa's "trick" with the fire just made me go completely WTF. I mean, it looked like a magic spell or something. However, it did get me thinking. Alessa was harassed by others for being a witch, right? It makes me wonder if Alessa is actually the Order's God. According to SH3, God is a woman, and Alessa obviously had some kind of mystic power, possibly holy power. If this is true, it makes me laugh that the Order ruined the coming of God by unknowingly trying to force her to give birth to what they believed to be God. Any thoughts?
^
The order chose Alessa to be the "Mother of God"...literally the carrier of God, because she was born with unique powers, it doesn't mean that she is God, although I personally believe that she is God (the Lord of Serpents and Reeds specifically) but that is just my theory.

As far as what are my thoughts on how the Order ruins the coming of God by forcing Alessa to birth God (or their idea of God), I think it just goes to show that the Order don't understand/underestimate the power of God.
Heaven's Night
<3
dias17se
Just Passing Through

Post by dias17se »

Pastucci wrote:

^
The order chose Alessa to be the "Mother of God"...literally the carrier of God, because she was born with unique powers, it doesn't mean that she is God, although I personally believe that she is God (the Lord of Serpents and Reeds specifically) but that is just my theory.

As far as what are my thoughts on how the Order ruins the coming of God by forcing Alessa to birth God (or their idea of God), I think it just goes to show that the Order don't understand/underestimate the power of God.

Origins just strikes me as the more magical of the silent hills.
Pastucci
Just Passing Through

Post by Pastucci »

^

It was okay, but I found that it completely derailed from the original story of the first game..it just seemed like the developers (of SH0) played the Silent hill games drunk, didn't remember shit about them, and were like "Ah, fuck it. Let's make a Silent Hill game."

Hence why Silent Hill Origins should be more truthfully called "SIlent Hill: We were wasted and made this."

Still is a fun game though..
Heaven's Night
<3